Levels of formality in languages

>levels of formality in languages

Ah! but thee cannot sayeth yond english of all languages doesn't has't yond

I apologize for the inconvenience, we're doing our best to provide the best possible experience for language connoisseurs here at our establishment. In the future if you'd like to continue using our services we would be more than happy to accommodate you in any way within our ability to do so.

And this is why United Kingdom is the best country that has ever graced this world

'Thee' is the object form. You want to say "Thou canst not say".

Example: Thou provest thineself to be a fool, and I will tolerate thee and thine shenanigans no further.

It'd be more like,
"Thou hath provest thineself a fool, thou will not tolerate thee and thine shenanigans no further."

Why you guys stopped talking like that again?

English is an old ass language, it simply fell out of use. over time, nothing really changed it

fpbp

I said what I wanted to say; thou art fucking up my message and thou mixest conjugations with that "hath provest" shit. "Hath proven" is what thou wantst.

It's whoms't xD all over again, I swear.

>hath proven
Now even I'm fucking it up. "Hath" is for he & she, what I wanted was "hast".

The specific words you have to use are the real problem, not the grammar etc

I asked the particular reason why you stopped using it.
We for example had a formal/ plural "you", that people stopped using because another pronoum took its place. Only the oldest people in the northern portugal still use it.

The only place where i have seen that sort of language is when scanlators (unsuccessfully) try to translate arcaic speech in manga.
It's slow, it's a mess, it's ugly, only losers like it, tries to be cool but fails miserably. It's like Jeb Bush made into a language.

>Learning Spanish
>Indirect and Direct Object Pronouns

it's just old english

I doth not knoweth jump wherefore we ceased talking in this way. I bethink t wilt has't hath happened ov'r many years, as the coastal city dialect becameth m're dominant

your mom is old but people still line up around the block

Actually young people use it too there. Old people all over Portugal still use it, though.

VOUS
VOUS
VOUS

>adressing everyone with "you"

that's not old english, closer to early modern english.

language always evolves, atleast here.

working class scum