Finnish Vikings

What happened to Swede speaking people in Finland?

Did they get Khan'd?

Getting FINN'D as we speak

What are you talking about dumb Jap

And no there wasn't a single Viking settlement in Finland

Then why are there Swedish ethnic in the coasts?

I thought vikings settled coasts.

They came in the 14th century and made local Finns and Saamis speak Swedish.

If that's true then that changes things...

ViKANG'd

The worst part is some of those turbocucks are still adamant about speaking the language of their former masters, they truly are the greatest shame of our nation and the day the last of them dies will be a cause for a great celebration

So you are reverse Ireland right now.

Nice

What's the antonym of cucked?

Don't bully finns

Is even the literal asian bullying us for being khans

It's okay brother

But I am Finnish...

Yes there was?

I don't know VIking setlements, but some Swedes moved permanently here along years

retard

>ilmeeni kun ehdat mongoolit huutelevat suomimongoolimeemuja

??

carefully read the post you replied to over and over again until you fully comprehend what you just said

>language of their former masters
>the greatest shame of our nation

:DD

But still there was Viking settlements?

>chink posting mongol memes
Oh boy

Seems to me only the Finns who speak both of their nations languages are living up to the honorable finnish tradition of bilingualism.

emphasis on former :^)

Please, just shut up. Your shitposting isn't even funny, it just makes you look retarded.

And many Finnish speaking Finns have Swedish speaking ancestors that became Finn'd such myself

I see nothing bad on Swedish speaking

Why do you persist with your retardation, when all your fantasies have been thoroughly destroyed dozens of times?

Language of the elite and nobility isn't tradition. It's a tradition of small minority of our nation. By your rotten mind and logic You should be speaking french or German depending on the occupation of elite. Burquoise german and nobility french. So?

uni major, still can't speak the language of the cucks. feels ok, man

Finland is more Swedish than Sweden

How so?
Foreign languages have never had a living history in Sweden. Even nobles and merchants who came from other nations didn't pass on their languages to their Swedish children. Sweden isn't like Finland. We never chose to have more than one official language.

Finland is Finnish kill yourself

They are still living in coasts
My city has 10% swedish-speaking people

neither did we, you made the choise of bilingualism for us few centuries ago.

>We never chose to have more than one official language
Most Finns had no say in that. And having many official languages doesn't warrant learning all of them, only that speakers of an official language get service in said language in public institutions.
>but fennoswedes learn finnish too wahwah
For all I care they can stop studying Finnish, but they shouldn't complain they can't get a job when 95% of the nation speaks Finnish.

my dad's western finn and my mom's eastern finn

>mfw Dala-Demokraten

>Even nobles and merchants who came from other nations didn't pass on their languages to their Swedish children. Sweden isn't like Finland. We never chose to have more than one official language.

You're pure stupid if you think like this and know very little of history indeed. I'll lay this to you once more. You know what lingua franca means? Well i expect you to. This certain language was the de facto language used by all nobility almost all over europe in their courts and homes. And especially in Northern europe merchants used German as Hansa dominated the baltic seas well from Late medieval ages to Enlightenment.

You either keep on the act or drop it and shut your low mouth for good.

>Sweden decided for the government of Finland
No, not in reality

they still operate the big businesses and own the land
they've just faded from public view because it's not good PR

>implying elite and nobility can't have traditions

If it didn't come off obvious from the rest of my post your small mind would've gotten that i meant it's barely the tradition of the majority as the swede keeps proclaiming?

Clear?

>My city
more like inbred hillbilly town

>tfw swedish will be removed in your lifetime

We're talking about history up to the present. What happened from the 13th century until it stopped happening int the 18th century is not relevant in the slightest. Especially since the independent nation-state Finland didn't even exist then.

>10% swedish speaking
>city
laughing

>implying ethnic Finns are responsible for a clause in the constitution that's detrimental to most of the population

It is exactly relevant from your standpoint as your whole argument is based on historical legitimacy. If the argument can't hold against what i've countered it with i'm afraid there's little reason to keep this conversation up, since i fear it'll get awfully repetitive.

No, there weren't any.
Tavastians did not allow intruders.

t. pönde?
Actually it was 5,4% tho, but Turku is big city in Finnish standards

Whoa! Why so aggressive?
> isn't tradition. It's a tradition
Now I see. You are retarded.

turku has almost no swedish-speakers

come to helsinki and use public transport and you'll notice it, swedish-speakers everywhere

It might be tradition, but only to a 5% minority (most of which weren't part of any elite to begin with). Therefore it makes no sense to enforce said traditions upon the rest of the population. Are you seriously this dense?

German doesn't have historical legitimacy in the present day, just like latin doesn't, since both died out as lingua francas. German would have no reason to be an official language in Sweden because no group of Swedes have spoken it as their primary language/mother tongue for centuries.

That'll still only count few thousand people. give or take. I couldn't call it big number even if i was drunk

Well let my fix my original sentence for your viewing pleasure shan't it?

>Language of the elite and nobility isn't tradition *of the majority*. It's a tradition of small minority of our nation.

Now? As i fear you can hardly say the average russian hardly keeps Tzarist courtial traditions alive?

>Åbo has almost no swedish-speakers
Really? That's bad, I've applied to study at a university there. I also applied to a school in Helsingfors, but that was my second choice. Wonder which should I try to get into...

I wasn't speaking about latin but nonetheless you missed the whole point. There's no bloody reason to keep this argument up for longer since you've absolutely made your mind and like to tell me about my country. Even if it makes you sound like a broken clock.

You swedes truly are as obnoxious as you come off in public.

Not even the Swedish speakers will understand you nor will you understand them, prepare to get ridiculed.

The elite nobles and aristocrats are still a part of the history of your nation. Why would you want to see their culture die? It's your culture as well, the culture of your nation!

Turku is way prettier in the summer though. In the winter it's pretty dead however. If you spend summers elsewhere I'd go with Helsinki.

This isn't Feudalism you retarded sack of shit, there are no nobles around anymore and neither is their culture.

Meh. You all speak english in finland, yeah? I'll be fine.

>The elite nobles and aristocrats are still a part of the history of your nation.

The people who starved my ancestors and sent them to die in their wars are my culture and i should uphold it*

It may look pretty but such thing if given even little thought is a crime against reason.

>a gook made stupid thread
>finns not taking bait
>swedes come in
>thread is now filled with swedes+finns shitposting until there is no tomorrow

Is this how we will continue to live forever and ever?

Yes! Unless you are some kind of tribal. Who your ancestors were as individuals has blended together with all others of the time they lived in, surviving only as names. That is the whole reason a nation can have a shared culture.

Given that you didn't raise the postercount you were up to say something stupid posts before that one. I'll consider it a serious discussion but don't snivel away from it when you get hit back.

Aahh yes you're just batshit retarded. Well that was clear from the post uno but it's nice to get clearance.

Nothing about Finland in there.
Really, seems more like you want to tell me about my nation.

>since both died out as lingua francas
So did Swedish in Finland, as a lingua franca.
>German would have no reason to be an official language in Sweden because no group of Swedes have spoken it as their primary language/mother tongue for centuries
Finnish has been spoken in Sweden for centuries, continuously, by a group of people yet it isn't an official language. And no, Swedish having been the language of the former elite doesn't constitute a valid argument as to why it should be upheld in the modern day where it holds no relevance.

tfw, god tier Tavastian who didn't let anyone to Finland

Because I have watched this thread during the day and didn't expect people to continue this much so I just added my thoughts, like I always do when it comes to these threads.
Please stop this super autism shitposting levels, it's not serious discussion.
Sorry.

No i'm merely mirroring your argumentation but giving it new look.

i don't give a fuck about anything. i don't have any asian features, so fuck you all

The fact that the Swedish-speakers were the "elite" is irrelevant. What matters is, they were Finns, and for centuries up to this day, they have spoken Swedish.

And yes, I will fully concede that Finnish has every right to be an official language in Sweden. If any party supported placing it in that position, I'd give them my vote.

>You must have Asian features in order to be against Swedes fucking you and your country over with their oppressive, anti-Finnish colonialist policies

that's retired lmao hasn't worked here won't work there

>build the first university of Finland that teaches strictly in swedish
>academic demographic becomes strictly swedish speaking
gee wiz i sure wonder why on earth the deciding higher echelon would decide that Finland should be bilingual?

i've never met any fennoswede or was forced to talk swedish in conversation, so i don't give a shit about them

>they were Finns, and for centuries up to this day, they have spoken Swedish
But that's wrong. They never consider themselves Finnish and distinguished themselves from us, and to this day call themselves Finland SWEDES precisely because they don't want to be Finnish.

>he doesn't give a shit because it doesn't affect him personally
what a fucking cuck

They may have had new idea of what Finnish culture should be, but they were still Finns, not swedish or anything.

>And yes, I will fully concede that Finnish has every right to be an official language in Sweden
That's very great and all, but until Sweden actually does that we too should be officially monolingual.

>Axel Olof Freudenthals familj hade invandrat från SVERIGE till Finland och var delvis av TYSK härkomst

My mums bättre folk family literally disowned her for marrying a filthy finn so I'm pretty sure they don't want me anywhere near their culture, they can feel free to keep it alive by themselves but I'd rather have nothing to do with that shit

>They may have had new idea of what Finnish culture should be, but they were still Finns
No, they specifically called themselves Finländare (Finlanders) and not finne (Finns), because they considered themselves to be Swedes who merely inhabited a foreign land. They had no new idea for Finnishness, that's just history falsification on your part. Whatever identity they had they considered distinct from Finnishness.

why is that? Why do you think that Finland should strive to like, live up to the same standard as Sweden does, or something? I would think you'd want your nation to be as great as possible, with no consideration paid to what other countries do.

well what can you do? other than whining on internet

Finländare was their term for distinguishing them from SWEDES, not Finns!

>why is that
Because Swedish's official language status is justified with mutual history. If Sweden doesn't have Finnish as an official language, then that history is only mutual to us and thus not really mutual at all, which invalidates the whole argument. It is unfair and oppressive, to put it bluntly.

RARE SCOOP

>let me tell you about your country
You really are fucking retarded. If that was their goal, they could've just called themselves Finns, not Finlanders.

>mutual history
I still am not following. It's not like you have language policy for the benefit of foreigners? Surely it's because of the bilingual nature of the Finnish citizenry?

No, it's merely to benefit the 5% minority. It doesn't benefit the 95% in any way, therefore it is an oppressive and unjust policy.

Finländare IS the word for Finns in Swedish.

No, it was originally used to distinguish Finlandswedes from finne, since finlandssvenskar is quite the mouthful.

How can it be unjust? People speak and have spoken Finnish in Finland for centuries or millennia, so thus, that's an official language. People speak and have spoken Swedish in Finland for centuries, so thus, that's an official language.

It means especially a finn not taking account what language he speaks. As in real people talk simply put, foreigner.

>"Han opponerade sig bl.a. mot den vilseledande terminologin, därför förordade han bruket "finländare" som beteckning för både svenskspråkiga och finskspråkiga i Finland. Förslaget kom ursprungligen från August Sohlman.[3] Vad var nytt med Freudenthalska programmet? I motsats till tidigare svenskhet menade han att det inte bara var språket som bestämde världsåskådning utan han underströk starkare härstamningen som nationalitetens grund. Historia och kulturtraditioner är ju enligt honom i mångt och mycket gemensamma för finnar och svenskar, och kan därför inte utgöra grunden för särskilda nationaliteter."

Same is true for Saami and to a lesser extent Russian, yet neither are official languages. It is oppressive because the 95% can survive in their own country without useless Swedish. Finlandswedes cannot survive or get a job in a country where 95% doesn't speak their language.

So it should be considered a regional minority language, like saami languages

Finns, regardless of language. Exactly.

So can i justly call you a follower of ideals of freudenthal since you parrot him like the man himself?