Fired for not wearing high heels

theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/11/receptionist-sent-home-pwc-not-wearing-high-heels-pwc-nicola-thorp

Thoughts?

If it's a requirement of the job and they are told that before hand then I don't see the problem.

Other urls found in this thread:

511tactical.com/footwear/shoes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty sexist imo

I would have been fired at my last job if I refused to wear a tie. I don't see the difference.

Dress codes exist.

RARE

Yeah I'm sure the men just ignore the male dresscode and come to work wearing flip flops and hawaii shirts

Do they have pogo sticks in Togo?

I see where you're coming from, but ties are not known to cause long term health problems.

Oh holy shit! I hadn't realized she worked in finance. So do I, hence the tie rule.

Protip cunt: ALL financial companies have dress codes.

I wouldn't be fired

of course they do you shit
we also got 3g last year

If I never had to wear a tie again, then women can come to work in snuggies for all I care. I fucking hate wearing a tie.

dress code is a dress code

Usually I'm at a total war against all ridiculous feminism, but setting this as a requirement is actually sexist.

Me too but that's just how the industry is.

While thats true, I think its unfair that its expected for female employees to wear high heels.
In the same boat as you, buddy

This is just like the time this black chic was complaining about having to style her hair for work when she worked in an upscale boutique.

Her boss told her that she needed to look more polished. She told him that he was racist.

If you agree to a job with a specific requirement for your appearance, don't bitch when you get in trouble for not following it.

>If I never had to wear a tie again, then women can come to work in snuggies for all I care
>"i care"
It's not up to you, it's to the clients.
The billionaire clients of Price Waterhouse like seeing some fucking eye candy at reception.

The clients will simply go elsewhere.

We live in a capitalist nation.
If she doesn't want to wear heels she can go work somewhere else.
If it is sexist and people don't like it the company will suffer financial losses and a new company will take over that doesn't make women wear heels.

We do not need social justice fucking laws
Capitalism is the natural selection of business

We should have nuked Europe, not japan.

sent home =/= fired

My boss once made me change from a tan sport coat and slacks into a black suit because I was going to a closing where the clients were orthodox kikes. I wasn't allowed to bring my assistant either because I guess they aren't allowed to even speak to women in public.

Not even making that up.

Men have to wear ridiculously uncomfortable uniforms at all times. Even a fucking security guard is required to wear a full suit in most places. Yeah, even in summer, even in places where there is no AC, even outside. You've got to wear those shitty dress shoes with which you can't even run as well.

Women can wear whatever the fuck they want. If it's hot they can come to work almost naked. And yet here they are.

>hurr I need feminism because high heels are oppressive

Fuck women.

A wealthy man tells a nigger from Africa that he will send the niggers family 5 thousand dollars if he is allowed to kill the nigger.
The nigger agrees to the deal because he's a dumb nigger and his family is starving.

But fear not. It's okay cause he agreed to being killed and libertarianism is objectively justice.

you would be fire if you violated the dress code

is it sexist if they make men wear ties?

Literally wearing kink shoes for her boss's fetish.

I love heels, but they do fuck your feet up over time.

Graun is full of SJWs screaming hysterically to the rooftops over percieved, imagined or just plain invented slights on wimmin, feminists, or just because - 90%+ of which are total bollocks.

This one is the exception that proves the rule, 100-pro legit sexism, Guilty as Charged, IMO. I hope she sues them to infinity.

Are you turned on by men in ties?

even though i agree with you

that is a false dilemma

it is up to whoever can force their will

is it true there are no holidays in america? but yet countries such as Luxembourg have a higher gdp/ capita and countries such as Belgium a higher standard of living.

you need to think, my friend

>You've got to wear those shitty dress shoes with which you can't even run as well.
Have you ever seen those videos of the US Secret Service training in dress codes? It's scary how much they must love their country to be able to do that rambo tier shit in dress shoes.

whether or not anything is "ok" is subjective

subjective

heels are less comfortable than ties. you have presented us a fallacy

when you think of women as if they are children, everything makes sense.

100% of corporate suicides are commited by men that wear ties to the office.

Don't be so quick to rule ties out.

I'm turned on by women in ties, does that count?

>enforcing feminine dress code is LITERALLY MURDER
:^)

thanks for the flag

Whatever you lads do, don't go to the r/uk thread about this. I spent 2 minutes reading it and now my brain hurts from all the feminist circlejerking going on. I know, I should've known better.

you are not permitted to say that word

Most women are, yes.

this might be the only acceptable argument. sure, there's male-specific dresscode as well, but nothing generally unhealthy

a dress code is a dress code, you're supposed to look the part, right down to to your fucking shoes

It's their company. They should be able to dictate employees wear dungaree's if they so wish

>wah wah my employer wont let me wear sweat pants and flip flops! das sexisssss!

> basically describing the military.

Yep, and if you have a problem with it, don't just turn up on the first day of the job and fucking ignore it. Talk about it. Stupid bitch.

are you a fat man, my friend

you sound like fat man

it seems like a weird thing to insist on. something that alters the way you walk. Whats wrong with black flat shoes, I think theyre cute and classy

No Togo, just because we can afford 3 meals a day in the west doesn't mean we're fat

You see, in the west we have these places called "gyms" where we go to work off all that delicious excess food.

>muh 2 examples of tiny population white countries

>you need to think, my friend

They cause overheating of the body leading to sweating, nausea and dehydration.

she signed an agreement saying she would wear adhere to a dress code, she refused to comply and got fired, whats the problem?

It's a fucking dress code.
Men don't want to wear stuffy suits but they'll be fired if they don't so they fucking do.

yes and you can buy food to go too

Wearing heels has negative health consequencesl. Companies should not be allowed to force health problems on their employees and by extension our healthcare infrastructure.

British food is fucking disgusting and fattening.

MUH WOMYNS RIGHTS

Before you know it strippers will be complaining that it's sexist to be made to wear nothing

or there's this thing called self moderation that helps with not stuffing your face with french fries, melted cheese and soda

>You've got to wear those shitty dress shoes with which you can't even run as well.

They're a lot easier to run in than in heels

Say what you will, they're better off than you.

most female office workers just wear the heels at work when they are mostly sitting at their desk. they wear flats or trainers for the walk/drive/ride home

yes, because wearing some better shoes or fixing up your hair to look more professional at your job is the exact same thing as agreeing to let someone kill you for money

seriously, that is the argument you just made. get the fuck out, shitstain

When did high heels become "appropriate" rather than vaguely trashy, anyway?

exactly, whats the fucking problem, lmao

>people who are arguing against high heels
That's not the point. It's the fact she took a job where she has to wear them, and didn't. She could have easily got a different job, or worn them to begin with then asked for the dress code to be changed.

When rich, handsome CEOs started fucking their secretaries and want them to wear heels.

I have a garbage job working retail and I still have to wear collared shirts, and in fact the women are the ones for whom the dress code is constantly ignored.

Blow me.

Pretty sure you mean to ask the opposite.

Chicken suits are less comfortable than heels.

The measure of discomfort isn't the issue.

it is unhealthy as fuck. even male shoes are unhealthy (so called rubber jew)

Dress shoes are most practical part of men's uniform. If sneakers are 10/10 for running. shoes would be 9/10.

Uh yeah, can I get a large pastrami on wheat with everything, extra pepperchinis.

Thanks.

10 years ago I asked if I could wear shorts to work in summer because the women got to ware skirts. I was told no. I asked if I could wear a skirt and they laughed and said no. Now I can wear a skirt and tell them I am trans gender and they wouldn't do shit. If I try to wear shorts I get told no.

High heels are degenerate

This. I never thought I'd be calling sexism on an issue in my life, but this is it.

The comment section gave me cancer.

I never have any problems turning up to the office in my wife beater.

i despise high heels, they are degenerate as fuck, literally a few decades ago you would only see a stripper in high heels and a pencil skirt now for some ungodly reason women can dress like whores in the work place and it is considered "business attire"

the other bothersome part is watching the pain across their face when they get up out of a seat to walk on these stilts attached to their feet

Rare

It's amazing how women manage to oppress themselves when given any kind of choice.

Probably is legit sexist to force them to wear those particular shoes when they can look just as professional in smart flat shoes, but I just don't give a fuck because feminists never stop bitching. It's all white noise to me now. Certainly wouldn't sign a fucking petition to encourage their tantrums.

>when they can look just as professional in smart flat shoes
She's a receptionist for a financial firm.

Her ONLY job is to be look pretty for clients.

That's it, fucking eye candy.

This involves high heels in this case.

So just wear the damn things for a day and file for WCB and leech off the company for the rest of your life.
Where I live restaurants like Earls and Moxies have tons of girls living off WCB and lawsuits for their high heel policy. Just gotta have the guts to actually go through with it. But it's a guaranteed win. In Canada it violates OH&S, you only actually have to wear them for like a day and then you can sue or file for WCB.

The only reason I disagree is because those shoes are actually unhealthy. They're not meant to be worn all day every day. Our society has form for legislating against businesses forcing workers to do unsafe/unhealthy things for no good reason.

>Our society has form for legislating against businesses forcing workers to do unsafe/unhealthy things for no good reason.
So all health hazard jobs should be prohibited? Nice.

If she was a waitress i'd agree but her job is to be sitting down most of the time.
It's a desk job.
She can put on flats before and after work.

You get hazard pay for doing hazardous things

Does the dress code require high heels specifically or does it say "no open toe shoes " which she likely wore

High heels fuck up your posture and can give you bone and tendon problems in your feet, legs and back. HOWEVER, smaller heels don't really affect you negatively. I think it was like 1 1/2 inches or less, with a wider toe box so you don't get bunions and hammertoe.

Having a dress code isn't sexist, but limiting shoe choice so severely that all you have is pumps and stiletto's is awful and impractical.

post sexy feet

That's a rare holographic flag. Nice.

would lick all day

>they don't t wear high quality tactical dress shoes

511tactical.com/footwear/shoes.html

would suck on those toes

Dumb cunt looking to get famous for a day in lib media, doesn't realises she'll never be hired again.

>Rules might be rules, I think its unfair that its expected for female employees to abide by the rules, in the same way it's expected of male employees.

You are either so sexiest you cannot believe women working in the same rules as man (feminist)
or your armour light is so blinding its hard to complete the sentence.

>receptionist

this job literally exists purely for eye candy

chinese jew?

Dine in or Togo?

My wife's assistant wore exclusively "fuck me heels" at work and home for years. One day she tried to wear flats and did damage to her Achilles' tendon.

I love how they look on women's legs, but other than a formal date or at-home kink I can't imagine why anyone would wear them. They fuck your feet up over time.

The only time she has to wear them is when she's walking around. She's a receptionist so I doubt she does much of that.

>false equivalency this much
do you have any idea how uncomfortable high heels are to wear? Like holy shit burgers are retarded.