Is it true that spanish speaking people with no formal knowledge of the language can understand italian and the other...

Is it true that spanish speaking people with no formal knowledge of the language can understand italian and the other way around to the extent of being able to hold a conversation strictly in their respective language?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_intelligibility
youtube.com/watch?v=UQltPgNYDXM
youtube.com/watch?v=sjeAl6RQILM
youtube.com/watch?v=lp8TmI7Yn_s
youtube.com/watch?v=Nsgyay6xPbE
youtu.be/5gfNEpBPa7k
youtube.com/watch?v=4MEl6q4GDLA
youtu.be/PoKMn2Pk0Dc
youtu.be/vaZYGX6BimI
youtu.be/IbVC1gHoE4k
youtu.be/Ytaw01H_KVQ
youtu.be/IE-NG2h06R4
youtu.be/wQP9XZc2Y_c
youtube.com/watch?v=ma2Tbkk8lZc&t=154s
youtu.be/k03DNmEFT4A
youtube.com/watch?v=xVI9OQDlJq0
youtube.com/watch?v=B0KJZEH2jn8
youtube.com/watch?v=5BC2hVCl6s8
youtube.com/watch?v=QZw66z8x4dE
youtube.com/watch?v=eoky8-F9_QY
youtube.com/watch?v=Un9zri8BfGc
youtu.be/u0txBLIefkc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mamma mia, si

Nice. Is there other instances of languages being so similar that this happens?

portuguese language and the monkey's language

you are looking for this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_intelligibility

nope portuguese can understand spanish and italian can understand french

french and romanian

>calling spanish the monkey's language
get rekt pablo's

i was not clear

This
You idiot he was referring to Brazilians

I think he was talking about Brasil.
We aren't called monkeys in general, Moors yeah, but not monkeys.

Only spoken tho.

Not sure if related, but sometimes I tried to comunicate in Portuguese with spanishs in Spain and at least 30% of the times they tought I was speaking Italian with them.

Spaniards understands us more than we understand their language, and that's true for every Romance language. The reason is that Italian is the closest to Latin, both in terms of number of words, and how much the words evolved phonetically. Even Romanians can understand Italian a bit.

>Nice. Is there other instances of languages being so similar that this happens?

I can read Dutch Wikipedia articles without much effort. Understanding them is a different thing.

Id say I could be fluent after 3 months living in Swampland

Why are Italians so racist? More racists even than Americans.

You could probably understand catalan better, it's like some weird missing link between Spanish, French and Italian.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQltPgNYDXM

wtf sounds nothing like Spanish, how much does a non Catalan Spaniard understand?

Catalan is just more Spanish-sounding Italian.

10/10 language

I literally understood nothing

Inferiority complex

I'm not catalan and I understood everything.

Uh? Weird.

we just don't care

This, as a spanish and catalan speaker it's quite easy to speak in made up italian

>esq non parlo italiano ma mescolo catalano e spagnolo e me puode capire

I dunno, lots of people in Catalunya doesn't speak catalan(immis from Andalucia, Aragon, Murcia etc) and we get along fine. Lots of time people switch between catalan or castilian depending of the contest (I use castilian to insult, and catalan for every day stuff for example). Outside catalunya only a very obnoxious Independentista would use Catalan (unless it's in Valencia/balears).

I didn't understand anything
But I once read an article in catalan and it was basically italian without the last syllable

>Uh? Weird.
It's probably something weird with the pronunciation

youtube.com/watch?v=sjeAl6RQILM This one better?
It's a lot easier to understand Italian/french in text form for me, but at least I get +50% of what an italian is singing if I try to understand.

very nice but i didn't understood nothing

Not that hard to understand certain words and sentences in dutch, but jesus fucking christ pronouncing it is a nightmare
Lekker neuken

youtube.com/watch?v=lp8TmI7Yn_s

It's hard to get lyrics, words are stretched and pronounced in unnatural ways to fit the rhythm. I have a C2 in English, I can watch English TV just fine but I usually have troubles with most songs

what do you guys understand?
youtube.com/watch?v=Nsgyay6xPbE

Songs are much more difficult to understand
Maybe give us some TV news

No
Spoken spanish is far more understandable
Hell, even french is more understandable

Godverdomme

I wouldn't say to the point of holding a conversation, but yes we can kinda understand each other in some basic things like "where is the nearest market?"

General meaning of the sentences.

Understood 60% of it, almost all the words have their equivalent in spanish but their placement it's a bit akward.

Yes
P.S. la canzone è brutta

Kek'd hard
Not even the first time I'd seen this

fa cagare diocan

youtu.be/5gfNEpBPa7k
this this

When I was in Rio I didn't understant shit even if locals were trying to speak slowly. Maybe I would have more luck with european portuguese.

Bretty well, better than expected.

it's a funny-trash translation of a japanese song, it's meant to be a bit awkward

Portuguese is easy peasy if they don't talk too fast, with Italian I get the general meaning, French and Romanian are ayy lmao tier

>Il giacio
Sorry it's shit

cringiato

youtube.com/watch?v=4MEl6q4GDLA

How much can you get

ecco i FROCI

>tfw French bastardized my language so that there's no mutual intelligibility with any other language

Closest thing was watching the Dutch PM debates and occasionally catching 5 or so words that made sense and then it became gibberish again.

I don't care about any of this.

What about English though? Could I learn some else easily?

>That part in catalan at first.
Horrible.
>Then in Spanish.
Even worse.
>French part.
Kill me.

you can learn your mom pussy

Hungarian

That was rude. I demand an apology.

Spanish
youtu.be/PoKMn2Pk0Dc
Italian
youtu.be/vaZYGX6BimI
Catalan
youtu.be/IbVC1gHoE4k
Romanian
youtu.be/Ytaw01H_KVQ
Portuguese
youtu.be/IE-NG2h06R4
French
youtu.be/wQP9XZc2Y_c

Dutch would be the closest from lexical standpoint
German should also be kinda easy but the grammar is kinda fucked

I just took a quick look at the Hungarian Genesis and I understood jackshit. I understand Latin and German better.

fuck off
This thread is now under control of the romance speaking master race

>>Closest thing was watching the Dutch PM
you should understand wirtten Dutch pretty well. it is a march between German and English

Sorry sorry è merda lo so
I've just copied the link

>kinda

ok sorry

Yeah my dad said there's an island off the Dutch coast that speaks a dialect which is the closest to English

Double kike

English speakers, watch this and tell me what you think. Close your eyes so that you aren't biased by the subtitles. I feel like I could understand some. Still, not at all comparable to Italian and Spanish, German and Dutch, Swedish and Norwegian etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=ma2Tbkk8lZc&t=154s

i wonder why

Frisian is the closest.

Really? That's weird, english and hungarian have so much in common

Du hast Rechst,
Es ist total gefickt, uezs

Try another text, Hungarian should be ezpz for you

>Frisian
I was not counting meme languages

youtu.be/k03DNmEFT4A
how many of you can understand this advanced italian?

>Frisian is the closest.
meme language.

Do German speakers understand this?
youtube.com/watch?v=xVI9OQDlJq0

Ciao ragazzi

Let us ramp up the difficulty.

youtube.com/watch?v=B0KJZEH2jn8

I understand more Spanish than Catalan

Dolce stil novo

fratii mei

CALL ON ME!!! JOAO CALL ON ME!! JOAOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=5BC2hVCl6s8

Io le monstra un vetulo qui sedeva in un angulo. Immediatemente Pythias, in su capacitate de edil, crita a ille con voce multo aspere: "Non mesmo mi amicos e nostre hospites estranie tu sparnia, tu qui a un tal precio valuta ti ridicule pisces e qui reduce per le caritate del comestibiles le flor de Thessalia a un imagine de solitude equal a un rocca. Sed tu non essera impunite. Io te facera saper de qual maniera le improbos debe esser corrigite sub mi autoritate." E post jectar le contento del corbe super le solo, ille ordina a un official marchar super le pisces e fullar omnes. Contente de su severitate mi amico Pythias me consilia vader via e dice: "Me suffice, car Lucio, iste grande vergonia del vetulo." Consternate per su actos e multo stupefacte, io vade al banios, private per le forte mesuras de mi providente condiscipulo e de mi moneta e de mi cena.

1. Very well. The singer it's meh, the voice isn't cute.
2. Surpisingly well, some parts I didn't understand tough. Good singer, powerful voice but like 1, not cute.
3. Very well. Singer is meh, but cute.
4. If she is calling Cthulu I wouldn't know. Cuuute voice tough.
5. Spanish/catalan with lots of sh and h, I understood better than italian but I have a granfather than was Portuguse. Singer is good, voice cute.
6. Dang, worse than I tough. I can read some BD but perhaps I understood 1/5 words. Singer isn't bad, cute voice.

This is to german like jamaican is to english
Can't understand shit but you know what they are trying to say

youtube.com/watch?v=QZw66z8x4dE

Lets try Viennese

youtube.com/watch?v=eoky8-F9_QY

You're focusing too much on the singer ajajaja

youtube.com/watch?v=Un9zri8BfGc

youtu.be/u0txBLIefkc

kek ajshahsajsashaj

Ajakakakakkakkksksj

>Father mother with that faggy voice.
Wew, with all that oil I'm surprised USA hasn't invaded they ass.
Jesus Fuck, are all the Rumanians than didn't immigrate that gay?

there's absolutely nothing wrong with being gay you faggot

this

El RumANO

Unironically this