Are Ivy-league and Oxbridge people REALLY better than the rest of us intellectually?

Are Ivy-league and Oxbridge people REALLY better than the rest of us intellectually?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/black-lives-matter-stanford-application-2017-4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah

No. The most important thing I learned in university is that formal education often doesn't equate intelligence.

Maybe. No education is a guarantee of intellectual superiority, individually looking. I'd say they definitely have more "drive" and focus in their life

That's good enough for me

Consider this thread closed mods

Then what constitute true intelligence for you? For me, its an admirable independence and clarity of mind

Universities hoarding talented individuals and brainwashing them to be mediocre is the biggest cancer of humanity.
It fact is the sole reason we still are not colonizing outer space.

Education was always going to be commercialized, doesn't mean we can't introduce reform

Ivy league education is more about establishing connections to high society than the stuff you learn there

Okay now I agree with the Finn, the nepotism is stagnating true scientific advancement

Depends on their scores I guess.

In Israeli Technion if you score 90+ you're instantly scouted by hi-tech companies.

Not necessarily, but it does play a huge part in it. A large proportion of people who go to Ivy Leagues have affluent parents that have connections with the schools.

Wealth is very much a part of the equation, but that's not the only factor in play.

ivy league universities are a meme nowadays
its much more about nepotism and background than actual intelligence nowadays

more like its all about filling 90% spots with talented foreigners

People who attend top universities are at least usually more intelligent than the vast majority of people. Thia isn't exactly a mean feat, though; something a good many anons in this thread would easily be smarter than the majority of humanity, considering there are billions of us who don't even receive a basic education.
Who are your "rest of us" here, user? Most people are as dumb as their environment permits.

No idea. None of us are smart enough to decide that.

Bit of a paradoxical statement, isn't it? Assuming knowledge of something in order claim ignorance on it.

Not necessarily, you just need to be able to work hard to go to those universities. You could be dumb as a brick and still get a place there if you studied hard enough.

No.

Yes.

The ones who got in because of rich parents and connections - not necessarily. The ones who are from normal/poor backgrounds? Definitely.

you think a huge ass tuition is the deciding factor for intelligence?
do you think all their students are selected based on IQ?

these are basics man
they are only fancy brands

businessinsider.com/black-lives-matter-stanford-application-2017-4

He applied for some meme arts program, not serious stuff like STEM, medicine or business.

The difference between people who get their master degree and regular people is a difference of night and day.

Nigger, you're a fucking moron if you think some dumb cunt can simply "study hard" and make it into these top universities.
Just go back to /brit/ with the other idiots. I swear poms are even more obnoxious than burgers on Sup Forums. Nothing but a shitstain on the Commonwealth.

Hard work trumps talent, friend. Typical Australian shitpost.

As some have said being able to focus and work hard is probably the most important thing if you want to get through it.
But if you are dumb or have a bad memory you will need a lot more discipline to compensate for it.

And it also happens that people are intelligent, but don't have the discipline. But those people tend to surround themselves with dumb people, which will impact their development.