I made a post a few months ago about how my area in Norway have in recent years seen a significant increase in...

I made a post a few months ago about how my area in Norway have in recent years seen a significant increase in americans moving here. Now it has happened. An american couple have bought the house right next to mine. What to expect nao?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ejFg8nAPJgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz_t76d65fg
youtube.com/watch?v=wMFut003-bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Being shouted "HEEEEY HOW ARE YOU" at you with an obnoxious whitened teeth smile as soon as they see you as if they care even though they'd rather see you die then spend their money on your healthcare.

Also they'll get confused by roundabouts and drive with all-season tires in the winter and then wonder while the hell they slid off into the ditch.

>Being shouted "HEEEEY HOW ARE YOU" at

I'm particularly worried about this. I don't think i can fake not understanding english either because nobody would believe that and also pic related would happen

Quite rude thread thus far.

I don't know. Do you plan on greeting them? Is that custom? New neighbors do that here

>I don't know. Do you plan on greeting them? Is that custom? New neighbors do that here

it's not custom we let people decide first if they want to make contact. I'm sort of used to mind my own business as the previous neighbors were old people. they lived there for 10 years and i barely know them and that was fine by me.

When i get home from work and other events i just want to be left alone and i fear this might obligate me to do some sort of effort to "be nice and neighbourly"

Don't sweat it. No hard and fast rules here either. Some people will act super neighborly (whether you want it or not) some will ignore you completely or maybe just wave to you when they see you. Depends on many factors, such as their age, where in the country, what kind of neighborhood, etc etc.

Prepare yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=ejFg8nAPJgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz_t76d65fg

>What to expect nao?

Barbecues (that you will be invited to). Being waved at from the driveway when you leave for work in the morning. Lawn ornaments.

>youtube.com/watch?v=ejFg8nAPJgQ

This would be my legit response if any randoms just comes up and talk to me out of the blue

The difference now is that you LIVE next to random people. That is typically why we extend greetings to new neighbors, break the ice a little and hopefully start out on the right foot. If you're lucky and they're cool you might make new friends. Even if you're not "friends," there's no reason not to have exchanged neighborly goodwill at least at the outset. I have fine relations with an elderly couple and a very young couple next to me and I never talk to them, but we'd be willing to help each other in a pinch for example.

damnit! i was trying to make a tounge in cheek thread but now you go ruin it with actual good advice!

and probably made up this whole story to invite sharts in the marts answers

If you're in an apartment and you hear someone in the stairwell, you're supposed to wait until you hear them leave. This way, you can avoid social interaction. If you happen to be in the stairwell at the same time, you need to ignore them and try to get out of there ASAP(hide in your apartment or go outside). It is not okay to talk to people you don't know.

If you need milk and someone is standing in the dairy section at the grocery, you need to walk around and pretend to look for something else in another aisle while you wait for them to leave.

On busses, trains, restaurants etc you must make sure that you are seated as far away from everyone as possible. Spacing between people must always be even.

The fucking Americans are coming here and breaking all the rules. They're ruining everything. These rules are what makes our countries work. Without the rules, we would erupt in chaos and we'd be no better off than your countries. It is the same in all nordic countries.

youtube.com/watch?v=wMFut003-bM
This video applies to other nordic countries too.

How is it possible to get to know someone if you're not friendly?

Yes, if we ever want to invade you, no need to bomb you with tomahawks. We will just sit next to you and say hi.

t. was walking my dog in a park and talking to my friend when a lady totally interrupted us just to ask some silly question about the dog. could this happen in your cunts?

You meet people when drunk or through work. Weekdays is off limits to talk to strangers. Unless you are drunk. then it is ok because you can be excused

Feels good being alpha.

>avoid social interaction in a hallway
that's something i may want to do to avoid my talkative neighbor. but if you guys look down and ignore each other anyway, why do you need to wait until your neighbor is gone?

so if you failed to establish a relationship before you graduate from college, you can only rely on dating your coworkers? that sounds highly unlikely.

This.
Social interactions are based on being drunk/high or meeting friends of your own friends. You don't talk to strangers without being intoxicated, except for the usual "exuse me" and "sorry" when those situations appear.

No. You can get dates or meet people out in bars or in clubs because thats when and where people meet to do those things and they are willingly there to do so. You don't talk to strangers or solicit dates outside of those places or situations because you don't know if the person want that kind of attention at say the store or in a bussline thus it is rude to impose.

>designated socializing bars

No.
Americans lack social conduct though. They don't know how to behave, they are rude, obnoxious and intrusive, which is only allowed when you are drunk.

rude

Broad generalization. Sad!

No actually the me getting new american neighbours is all true but they are my age and so it may go down as a positive thing but the american family i got to know through having a child in the same kindergarten has not been a success.

The dad constantly complains about how different all things are done in Norway and nothing is ever good enough. I tried to invite him to my home and out with my buddies because i thought he was just feeling misplaced or homesick but that was not a good idea.
Constant complaining was all he could bring to the table. He has been here 5 years now and refuse to make an effort to learn the language and his facebook posts are all day every day about some shitty thing he experienced here that he would not have tolerated in the US.

I hope the new neighbours are a bit more openminded

kek triggered so quickly
a typical sperg with no social skills

Also. guess witch snowflake state he was from

I'm not triggered my friend. I'm just trying to explain the situation and how most people see Americans. Yeah, you're fine when we get to know you, and I love you when I'm drunk, but you're simply too intrusive in public, when we're just minding our own business.

yeah, that's sad. he is just an idiot. i know expacts can be that way but they usually air their grievances to other expats not to local people. that's weird.

but nobody really asked your opinion about americans. i asked you about your own country. but then another user added this and that triggered you

Just had my neighbour over helping to fix my dirtbike.Cooked a few burgers on the grill after

A 20 foot high white picket fence erected between your property and theirs

Excellent post.

why do europeans have autism?

Why do yanks shart in mart?

Accept that Norway is going to be the 51st state.

New Jersey. They're insuferable

why do argies interrupt our discussions with europeans?

nah probably california

Custom here is to pretend like you didn't notice them move in and not in any way acknowledge them. I assume Norway is the same.

Cali? :(

yep

>What to expect nao?
get shot

>What to expect nao?
shart in backyard

how do they afford norgay

If an American moves to Norway to get raped by the government and pay half their income in taxes then they're already more like a nordcuck anyway

edgy

Don't forget 25% VAT on virtually everything

Seems like you would get along with this guy

Damn, the suburb life is hell

>edgy
Hello newfriend
It looks like you haven't been to yet. Please follow the link and enjoy

t. true american libertarian partriot

cringed
hows being 14 going for you?

I make it a habit to introduce myself to neighbors when I move. If new people move in, it's customary to give them something like a bottle of wine to welcome them to the neighborhood.

that wasn't remotely edgy you fucking pussy

I hope he commits suicide
Stupid Califags love socialized everything as long as some strawnan rich guy is paying for it instead of them

What user said wasn't even in the same galaxy as edgy
I was merely pointing out a place to find actual edginess on Sup Forums

edgy

Dunno but they must have some money. The house went for 9 million kroner thats roughly 900.000$