Why do people look down on lake/river beaches compared to beaches on the ocean or sea?

Why do people look down on lake/river beaches compared to beaches on the ocean or sea?

Other urls found in this thread:

ideastream.org/news/nasa-scientist-undoing-great-lakes-progress-would-take-generations-to-recover
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The water of lake beaches is full of sediments

>lake/river beaches
not real beaches

yuckers water

>Water is dirty.
>No waves
> that great smell of the fresh saltwater as you eat fish and chips by the sea.

Some large lakes have waves, and rivers sometimes have currents that feel like waves.

because you don't get the infinite horizon

beaches are good because they are clean, you get the onshore wind cooling you down on a hot day as well as the sea spray and huge amounts of clean white sand
the water in lakes or rivers is not moving very fast and generally smells bad, if it does move fast then its probably unsafe to swim in, beaches on rivers and lakes are also very small without much sand and its generally dirty silty stuff instead of white
the popularity of water areas is basically determined by how clean the water and sand will be
ocean beach > bay beach > river beach > lake beach > lagoon beach > swamp

because they are shit

I don't know.
I think we are pretty lucky to have the Balaton in the country.

Are there beaches on the Danube, too?

Never been to a Danube beach.
Balaton makes more sense overall.

I can't understand why people go on vacations in July and visit places like Egypt where temperature is +40 and sun burns from zenith. I prefer lake beaches and mild Russian summer.

When you get a decent job i'll understand.

the world is more than your siberian shithole and its rotten lake

Because you'll never experience "red flag day" on a coast off North Oahu, Hawaii during Christmas and you're absolutely shitfaced hammered and stoned as fuck off edibles and concentrates.

you can see the other side of the lake

No idea. Lakes are superior and I'd pick a lakeside house every time.

>Tfw live near the great Lakes
Not only is the water not salty, the beaches are nice and there's an endless horizom

Depends on the lake.

It's the opposite. The sea is polluted.

Watch out for the Arizonans and the Californians - they have plans...

ideastream.org/news/nasa-scientist-undoing-great-lakes-progress-would-take-generations-to-recover