The superiority of French over English

French is unquestionably more refined a language than English which in turn is primitive in comparison to pretty much any European language with the exception of Swedish. Prove me wrong.

english wasn't meant to be overly complicated
it was developed as a medium of communication between many different ethnic groups living on a small island
which demanded the kind of grammar it was now

it is a language based on necessity not some removed thing unto itself

Exactly!

Bump

Indeed. It's a pleb language used by plebs to understand each other.
French on the other hand has always been the language of the elites.

Still, Ukrainian is top-notch even when compared to French.

You're the one making the assertion

English is fine 2bh

>number of posts ITT in english: all of them
>number of posts ITT in french: none of them
frogs on suicide watch

French is a better language than English, but English functions better as a global lingua franca, and lends itself well to certain mediums such as song.

SHOTS FIRED

French sounds god tier on women. I can pass hours listen good looking women with good voices speaking French.

But French for men sounds gay as fuck, sorry

>refined

You mean it's an overcomplicated mess

>French is a better language than English
yeah but it aint

Do you speak both?

I speak some french yeah. I love speaking it and all and I think it's a great language but I wouldn't put it over English. I wouldn't put English over French too. They're just two languages. One isn't better than the other.

/thread

English & French >>>>>>>>>> Ukranian

>village polish&russian mix language
>top notch

A language that is not phonetic is not refined.

Alright Pierre. We'll be having fun with our 2 million word analytic language will you memorize thirty inflections to utter one verb of your downs-syndrome Latin.

>Wurþen men suiðe ofuundred and ofdred, and sæden ðat micel þing sculde cumen herefter: sua dide, for þat ilc gær warth þe king ded ðat oþer dæi efter Sancte Andreas massedæi on Normandi.

English is objectively better to write with, French is a far nicer language to listen to.

Both are the two best languages in the world

Je ferai un

ovo

>Beter to rite wif
RONG!

is in french words which consist of 3 sounds are recorded as 10 letters?

Justify shit spelling of this word
>queue

ask the french, it's their word

I like the French language, but I'm not certain by what metric you could call it "refined".
It's a shame Anglish never took off, though. Old English is really pretty.

holy fug thats close to norse

>anglish
Why do people try to create new languages and force the hand of societal evolution? It has never worked and will never work; Esperanto is an excellent example of this.

Why don't you explain what makes French better than English?

No, I know, it's 100 percent LARPing at its silliest. But it's an interesting thought experiment, Old English had a rich phonology and some really neat things like kennings, it's interesting to imagine how it would've played out if it were left more 'pure'.