China launches 2nd aircraft carrier

reuters.com/article/us-china-military-carrier-idUSKBN17S06B

That's two now.

If your country still doesn't have at least one, what's your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/usa/385903-americans-russia-danger-poll/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what's your excuse?
No need for one, we can reach anyone we care to bomb from here.

>11 trillion GDP
>fewer aircraft carriers than Japan and France
>even with Australia Egypt and Italy

Why?

>No need for one, we can reach anyone we care to bomb from here.
Amerifat proxied as a German

Because the only open seas are South China Sea and Sea of China
Plus, they don't go for power projection

*smacks lips*
I AM AMERICAN
*gets circumcised*
I MEASURE MILLITARY STRENGHT WITH HOW MANY AIRCRAFT CARRIES YOU HAVE
*sharts in mart*

oh excuse me for talking about aircraft carrier in a thread that's about aircraft carriers

>Plus, they don't go for power projection

that's right, and they aren't building multiple bases in contested waters as well..

go soryu!!

>>fewer aircraft carriers than Japan and France
>>even with Australia Egypt and Italy

Of the countries you listed, only France and Italy have fixed-wing carriers.

because modern aircraft carriers are an amalgamation of a number of high tech industries that don't just appear out of thin air at the snap of your fingers.

and considering china was a dirt poor third world country just 30 years ago it's amazing how fast they've got to even this point.

by this rate it'll probably take the chinese another 15-20 years before they have a functioning nuclear aircraft carrier that can compete with the nimitz class.

>fixed-wing carriers
Look at all these target practices

Because China's industry isn't a war industry, but being a powerhouse of manufacturing

China has had nuclear weapons and the ability to do space launches since the 1960s-70s. They were never all that backwards.

he is implying they spend money elsewhere

which is true, until 2017 china's main aim was it's army, which is now switching towards it's navy and airforce

as funny as it sounds rocket science is not all it's cracked up to be. why do you think north korea is all about those missile tests these days. it's the only visually impressive thing they have to the tech for. on the other hand it's legitimately impressive that they got nuclear weapons to work but no body know what they had to do to get them.

but still, china was a dirt poor shithole in the 70's and 80's. there's no going around this. the majority of the population lived the agrarian lifestyle and hong kong alone made up something along the lies of 1/3 of the entire chinese GDP when it they were reunited. not being as bad as africa doesn't change that.

all it really does is make the giant leap in economics and standard of living even more impressive. hundreds of millions of people raised from poverty into a western quality of living in just a few decades is mindblowing.

>china's main aim was it's army
Makes sense, considering the length of borders they had with the neighbours
It happened to be China's traditional powerhouse too

>all it really does is make the giant leap in economics and standard of living even more impressive. hundreds of millions of people raised from poverty into a western quality of living in just a few decades is mindblowing.
>China
>Western quality of living
Take your proxy off, Wang.

Clinton sold the tech to the Chinese in the 90s and the norks got it from China

ah yes, Japanese """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""helicopter"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" carriers

It's believed most likely that they got nuclear tech from Iran.

running water, heating, living in an apartment in the city, a job, expendable income, healthcare, getting to watch hollywood shlock on the big screen in a mall. i'd like to hear your reasoning for why that's not considered western quality of living when the other option is living in a small village growing rice and shitting in an outhouse.

At least it doesn't have a fucking ramp.

>2017
>a fucking ramp

Didn't know you abos know how to use the interwebs

Easier to use helicopters against Godzilla attacks

>2017
>Still no aircraft carriers
>Abu Sayyaf still a menace

>2017
>Still no aircraft carriers

Hi pot!

>Hi pot!
Hello kettle!

[cool][czesc]

We sold ours to Argentina, before they went to war with the UK.

Also being the third nation to send men to space independantly. Amazing.
I don't understand why any other European nation and western nations do it on their own too.

>Sold to Argentina
Why tho

I'm pretty sure that there it's a European space agency

to meme the brits

so is there a point for a country to own an aircraft carrier if there isnt much sea or islands to protect?

Western quality of living doesn't involve projected 40% of the population dying of cancer in 30 years or 6800 USD per capita GDP. Of course it also doesn't involve living in a party dictatorship that harvests political prisoners kidneys either, but...

Yes, but they're very reliant on NASA to help them launch their stuffs to orbit.

only imperialistic countries like america need those carriers. russia still has one though but it's very old and probably about to collapse

An investment wasted since Britbongs still win

>A
>FUCKING
>RAMP

To project force. The pacific is one big american lake, Chinese want to change that. It's going to take them decades even still to match up to the US navy but that's why they are making as much progress as they can. That's also why they're building artificial islands and putting bases on them in south china sea. They know they could never go toe to toe with the US navy so they're using those to help even the odds.

It's expensive launching things into orbit.

>only imperialistic countries like america need those carriers.
>implying owning a Carrier makes a country imperialistic
I don't think it's feasable for planes to fly from the mainland to support sea battles in the event of navy battles in South China Sea or East China Sea. So China getting the carrier is needed to extend their air support for the defensive battles.
>russia still has one though but it's very old and probably about to collapse
But NATO and America still fear Russia despite it though.

It's expensive when you keep relying on someone else's expertise, and I know America ain't one to charge things cheaply for their services

Says the country known for being raped by Germany and Russia

>But NATO and America still fear Russia despite it though.
they don't. they just need a boogeyman to justify all the military spending, and also to convince eu that without america's protection ebil russia will attack and annex them.

and no country with nuclear weapons will ever be attacked so china doesn't need them because that shit you're talking about is absolutely unrealistic.

You don't fear them. Everyone in the army knows what the plan is and how the Russians are going to act

>Western quality of living
You mean like getting Degrees, only to be able to work only as wage slaves, high taxes on everything, and political correctness?
Nah.

Nice memes

Money

Why else would we do something?

>and no country with nuclear weapons will ever be attacked so china doesn't need them because that shit you're talking about is absolutely unrealistic.
That's why there's a game of chicken being played in the Korean Penninsula right now. If Nork don't have nukes, it would be Syria 2.0 by now.

>they don't. they just need a boogeyman to justify all the military spending, and also to convince eu that without america's protection ebil russia will attack and annex them.
My. That sounds familiar. Like why America keeps reaffirming friendships with Japan and Phillipines, reaffirming its commitment to protect "Asian interests", and hold military exercises near China.
Hmmm.

>You don't fear them. Everyone in the army knows what the plan is and how the Russians are going to act
We know the game you're playing here for your war industry. Russia and China know it very well, and so are the Norks.

>Needs more dankness

>Why else would we do something?
Turn it into a party ship overflowing with booze and weed that travels around the world.
A sound investment to me.

America jerks itself off about having 18 aircraft carriers, but can it mobilize all of them at the same time without China knowing?

Whats the point of mobilizing more than 2 battle groups if the area of contact is a relatively small area on a map?

Is America dumb enough to concentrate all their arsenal in one spot of the globe while they're tangled in other engagements in other parts of the world?

Its not only about how much you put on the table.

Samefag chink proxy.

This lad has done his research
We need more posters like this

Your people have no will to fight. Ask any random Japanese person and 9 times out of 10 they'll say non-violence is the solution.

Which is good.

Being aggressive doesn't suit modern Japan. Just stick to making shota anime or something.

>Blame proxyfags when you can't put up a better counter arguement
Back to your bushes, abo

>Your people have no will to fight. Ask any random Japanese person and 9 times out of 10 they'll say non-violence is the solution.
That's why they asked America to do it for them.
Lmao.

If China is so great, your countrymen should all go back there instead of invading Australia en masse.

Sao Paulo is kill.

Also, does it count if you just bought another countries old carrier?

>That's why they asked America to do it for them.

Yeah, thats true, so I find it really funny whenever a Japanese talks about 'muh military'.

The Japanese aren't even allowed to have a military, it's just a self-defense force; its on par with a national coast guard.

But still Japanese people will be openly hostile to conflict in any form if they're to be involved and the USA is stirring hostility with China and North Korea as we speak.

>instead of invading Australia en masse.

Has anyone told you to go back to Europe yet? Or have you grown desensitized to it.

Same reason they sold their tanks to Finland. They expect their neighbors to act as meat shields.

Fairly sure I was born here and so were my parents and grandparents and great grandparents.

Yeah we should. And replace it with waves of Africans, or Arabs drowning your country in explosions and ghetto crime.

>russia still has one though but it's very old and probably about to collapse
Wasn't it always in poor shape?

>Fairly sure I was born here and so were my parents and grandparents and great grandparents.
Lol, an abo then.

>Fairly sure I was born here and so were my parents and grandparents and great grandparents.
Mines too.

>shitty copy of an old soviet carrier

Like their shitty new """"fifth"""" generation fighter planes. China only knows how to copy.

>Wasn't it always in poor shape?
People laugh at AK-47 being cold war era weapons, but my, it still kills.

We are a poor brown reggaeton shithole

lol weak argument but I guess you're tired of that conversation already. You're going to receive a lot of that kind of talk as your proceed in life till old age so i'll just save both our time and effort.

It's called the CHINESE sea you moron

>why do you think north korea is all about those missile tests these days. it's the only visually impressive thing they have to the tech for

They've just be reverse engineering the old Scud design.

>they don't. they just need a boogeyman to justify all the military spending, and also to convince eu that without america's protection ebil russia will attack and annex them.
Not true your NATO neighbors legitimately fear you. Also our spending is justified by hard power, China, terrorist states and so on not you. If anything we are Putin's boogyman to rule up the ignorant masses.

Damn straight. China is a craphole where human life goes cheap.

Note that the Finn/Hong Kong/Malaysia proxy troll has nothing but ad hominems when you corner him.

The UK's two new QE-class carriers will be well over 70,000t once fully equipped. More importantly, unlike the China and Russia's, they're full to the brim with new technology and world class ship building design.

>If your country still doesn't have at least one, what's your excuse?
Who's going to pay for the welfare of arab muslims if we spend money of self-defence?

[Citations needed]

Also, $8250 per capita this year. Update your meme stats

>and considering china was a dirt poor third world country just 30 years ago it's amazing how fast they've got to even this point.

It helps when you hack U.S. defense contractors, by an existing carrier, reverse engineer planes you bought from Russia, etc. This isn't what you could consider organic design based on domestic R&D

>Damn straight. China is a craphole where human life goes cheap.

I'm not denying that, but you can't deny they've achieved a lot to better their living standards in a period of 30 years.

Australia is in an optimal geographic location, resource surplus to its population, high income high HDI society and yet hasn't even acheived 10% of what China has.

Which means you're a bunch of lazy abos.

Abo.

>To project force.
>Britain to sail its new flagship aircraft carrier with through the disputed South China Sea in show of strength aimed at China
>The 72,000 ton, £3bn vessel will be armed with F35-B jets and helicopters

We'll show those Chinks what a real ramp-carrier looks like.

>what's your excuse?
The Senate keeps insisting we don´t need a
large military force but we need to pay politicians the price of a warship every month

>what's your excuse?
We don't need it.

That wasn't my point. I'm saying that particular vessel IIRC has a history of operational problems from the beginning.

>Damn straight. China is a craphole where human life goes cheap.
At least we don't have to deal with abos, deadly insects, creatures, and brush fires.

>Note that the Finn/Hong Kong/Malaysia proxy troll has nothing but ad hominems when you corner him.
>presents an arguement
>calls out on proxyfag
>not ad hominem
you used that word you don't seem to understand there mate

God Speed, hopefully we can use it to smack down those locust chinks.

Just give it up, the empire is dead, you're a tiny island now and the fact you left the EU makes you even more irrelevant.

Your seat in the UN security council should be given to India.

Are those Arleigh clone destroyer ?

>J-20
>copy

¡Haha nice meme! It looks like nothing ever made. Which probably isn't a good thing.

>Also our spending is justified by hard power, China, terrorist states and so on not you
>in the eyes of Democrats, as 39 percentseeRussia as the greatest threat to America, while 21 percent cited North Korea, and 13 percent said it was China.
>Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, with 27 percent saying North Korea presently poses the greatest danger to the US; 21 percent cited Russia, and 18 percent – Iran.
still most americans are convinced that the biggest threat is russia. your military and nato commanders don't fear russia as i said but they do everything to trick masses into believing that russia is still dangerous and strong enough to be an actual threat
rt.com/usa/385903-americans-russia-danger-poll/

But if the copies can still shoot down your overpriced planes, then it's better than a copy that doesn't work.

50-70 fixed-wing aircraft too. Also it's STOVL and not STOBAR like the Russian and Chinese carries (which is one of their biggest downsides).

USA

Wait until it's smacked by DF-21s hamplanet Americunt

> I'm saying that particular vessel IIRC has a history of operational problems from the beginning.
I heard they're modernizing it soon tho

>meanwhile
>"China and the United Kingdom will have the strongest bonds in the world and a new form of strategic relationship."

Holy fuck

Wait 'till you see the wonder of submarine warfare and ABSMs Britfag.