youtube.com/watch?v=gUgLu84ApAw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's shit. listen to black sabbath instead

It's a headphones album

Its a decent rock n roll album, as are the other 3. 1>2>4>3

Only because it's overplayed to death.

This^
I used to love it
But for the longest time it was the only thing I had to listen to in bus rides to school and let me tell you by the end of the year I was pretty sick of that album and all songs on it.

BTW led Zeppelin 3 is the best followed by 2

Some songs took a few listens for me to fully appreciate. Stairway and when the levee breaks are probably the best of the album but it's overall really good.

The first time I ever heard a Led Zeppelin riff when I was 12 I was floored. Their sound is amazing. But if you have already listened to hundreds of rock albums, I can see why it won't have that same magic.

This. The Battle of Evermore, the outro of Black Dog, Goin to California, and When The Levee Breaks are all utterly orgasmic listens on CD/FLAC/Vinyl and a good set of cams.

It's also an album that sounds like nothing special specifically because it was so iconic and so many artists have copied various aspects of it. Saying IV is "nothing special" is like saying that Seven Samurai was a boring hodgepodge of common tropes. All it does is prove just how ignorant you are of its history and influence.

I don't care how influential it was, I care how it sounds now. I can appreciate how influential it was but that won't increase my enioyment of it. Super Mario Bros and Super Metroid are good, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Fist of the North Star are good, Doolittle and Paranoid are good. All their influences don't diminish my enjoyment of those. I just think Led Zeppelin IV sucks.

ah yes, the peak "watering actual blues and rock and roll into a bland limp sludge" band is iconic and influential

Eh, no. This is one of those albums that has a somatic component to it. If you have even remotely good speakers and crank Rock and Roll/When the Levee breaks you'll see what I mean.

Ya gotta think of the context. When this came out, nothing sounded as good. Led Zep was the band, such that for decades other rock bands have emulated them, to varing success. What you perceive as nothing special is simply because you've listened to so many ripoffs before that even the original sounds bland.

Plus, it is overplayed to shit. Robert Plant himself paid some 10,000 dollars to a radio station so they'd never play stairway again.

Led Zeppelin is tricky, you can listen them for the dumb "riffs" reason and call them plagiarists, or you can appreciate that Jimmy Page made hard rock production actually sort of interesting, the way things were layered/textured.

3>1>4>2

But Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy were the really good ones.

>Super Mario Bros and Super Metroid are good, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Fist of the North Star are good, Doolittle and Paranoid are good
as usual, you are your own problem
the fuck is any of that sht?

b8

lol no.
fuck yourself with a 2d horse cock.
im sure you know how.

There are literally zero Led Zeppelin ripoffs as good as Led Zeppelin

I like to listen to Led Zeppelin as if they're a comedy band. the music is a lot better if I pretend it's a joke

youtube.com/watch?v=gUgLu84ApAw
:^)

this album literally changed the way that drums were recorded in rock. you can define rock music production as pre-led zeppelin and post-led zeppelin

Never was a fan of 3

try this one

It's 2017 of course you're listening to it wrong

>youtube.com/watch?v=gUgLu84ApAw
dont pst cover fagots
faggot

do you understand how many cars i had to select to call you a faggot?

Unironically the worst Led Zeppelin album

Are you sure nothing sounded like Zep? They were prone to ''borrowing''

>ITT: people confusing quality and influence

Led Zep were an okay band at best

Rock and Roll is a garbage track, the worst kind of insipid filler, and should be an automatic 'skip' for anyone with anything even resembling musical taste.

The rest of the album is all fucking flawless, though

>But Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy were the really good ones.

Dubs confirm. Easily their best albums, the ones that truly cemented them as greats.