What have you been listening to?

What have you been listening to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlR9SyUbq3s
youtube.com/watch?v=bzFxyJAUiqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just finished my second full playthrough to confirm it was bad, mission accomplished

those

lives in a small town
interested in athletics
has an above-average level of knowledge when it comes to cars
haven't heard any of these albums so i don't know
loves walking around late at night
has a beard and either takes good care of it or doesn't at all
enamored by androgyny
has trouble with public speaking

Me

Hit the nail on the head.

Corpus I is so fucking good. Way better than it has any right to be
Still Bummed and It's Immaterial have a couple songs that I love but idk how I feel about the whole records
Double Nickels On The Dime was a lot to take in but I get the feeling I'll like it a lot the more I listen to it

Would hang out at 2:45 AM with
Low - Things We Lost In The Fire

I never even listened to the singles desu
How bad are we talking? Just mediocre or like straight up awful?

>Lizzy
Yesssssssss
ESG - Come Away With ESG

How's the new Japanese Breakfast?
Hoops - Routines

Corpus 1 is sick!

Spot on I do have a beard and not greatly taken care of.

Are you me?

Dude I fucking know.
I hope they play some more dates soon I can only imagine how ludicrous they must be live

>enamored by androgyny
You got me there

Lizzy was so good, also thanks! gonna listen to that, and in case you hadn't, listen to Fela Kuti - Fela's London Scene

Yes, I am

I'll check out Fela Kuti, thanks for the rec. I've heard Teacher Don't Teach Me Nonsense before and thought it was super good

Check out Lizzy's other albums if you haven't already. Her last one gets a lot of flack from RYM but my friend who introduced me to her swears it's her best

Cocteau Twins; love the incredible attention to detail and soundscape building those guys do.

can i get some recs, im new

A few recent listens

Listen to Krautrock - Neu!'s self-titled is a pretty good starting place.

Ohh, I've heard her first album and Rosa Yemen, they're very very good, going to listen to the other ones too

Listen to the first two Soft Machine's albums; The Soft Machine (also known as Volume One) and Volume Two

youtube.com/watch?v=KlR9SyUbq3s

How the hell do you listen to Y?
Love is cool. I need to listen to more Lou Reed. I've only listened to VU s/t.
What's the record with the watches

I don't think Y is even that more inaccessible than something like Remain In Light desu
It's got a lot of weirder/noisier parts but it's also got songs like She Is Beyond Good And Evil and Thief Of Fire
Just go into it for the funky post punk stuff and think of the other stuff like interludes I guess

if you know any of them you're my nigga

Fair enough. But the funkier parts are always punctuated with dissonance and the post punk vibes clash horribly with the jazz sounds imo. The whole thing feels clunky to me.

Reminds me of summer, I love it. Thanks for the rec, going to listen to them too

thanks it makes me happy that you love it. i love sharing music with people, even when we don't like the exact same music, when you do receive/give something mutually enjoyed it makes it all the better because you don't have the same tastes

77 is the best Talking Heads album

In Utero is great, too bad Kurt anherod, wouldve been interesting to see thrm continue in this direction
You smoke alot of ganja
Venetian Snares is great man, you listened to the rest of his dicography?

Getting into Venetian Snares, it seems great, I quite like the crossplay between classical strings and the insane drum breaks in Rossz.

Yeah I know what you mean, also a huge fan of Doll Doll Doll (and Find Candice)

>when you do receive/give something mutually enjoyed it makes it all the better
That's a nice feeling, I love sharing music too! so I'm going to rec you something. I don't know if you're going to like it but let's try
youtube.com/watch?v=bzFxyJAUiqI

feeling a bit isolated lately

Oh shit, what's the name of the album with the girl with black hair? I started listening to it a while ago and I forgot its name/the artist.

Three of these albums are compilations of material recorded between 1963 and 1966.

I was going to put starless and bible black here but apparently Fripp doesn't even want you to look at his albums

Fripp is such a fag, like its ridiculous

That site is missing so many albums, it's retarded. Every time one of these threads comes up, at least one of the four CDs I've most recently listened to can't be displayed.

This

love outkast!
i dont have much to say guys
its been a nice week i guess
what about yours?
i would apreciate some recs

damn cheer up bro

rate ?

I fell into an ambient hole like 3 years ago and can't get out. I just keep getting deeper. I don't know why.

Speaking In Tongues is so damn good.

Bruh Fush Yu Mang is where it's at.

+radiohead, elliott smith, nirvana

lives in the west coast

how would you rank colour of spring? I put it at 2

no it's fear of music

what's the album with the lions?

I don't see much wrong with what you have there my man. Would suggest delving deeper into the bands you listen to atm before listening to something new.

Strange Days - The Doors
The Beatles - The Beatles
I'm assuming you've heard these but I think my point still stands.

can't wait for the new milo
all cool
i like you, user

I really wanted to give this a shot. I was one of the few that liked Reflektor but the singles off of this were...not...good to say the least...

What do you think of that new Jap Breakfast? I didn't mind it too much but it was just background music to me like the last one was. Maybe I should try again.

Likes to listen to music in the dark a lot.

Hey this is my spring tastes except I go more conventional jazz. And I haven't listened to Naked Aggression. I'll check it out.

Would hang and talk about good guitar based bands with while drinking coffee. I loved Show Me The Body's last record and that new one is something else dude. I didn't decide if I really liked it or not. Guess I should try it again.

Yoooo. Fellow Pop Group listener here. I just started listening to "Y" and I've really dug it so far.

Ether is one of my all time favorite songs ever. Good tastes my dude.

Hopefully you feel better user. Listen to a good comfy album. You're about halfway there with most of that. I always listen to "All Hail West Texas" when I'm feeling like that. Just a good few stories to take my mind off things.

Congratulations is a perfect album. I have to listen to it now. Thanks.

I love this taste. Last year around this time I was in love with that Feelies album. It's such a good one. If you like the feel of that (no pun intended) check out The Soft Boys' "I Wanna Destroy You". It's kind of the same feel with all the jangle elements but a little more rocky and just as poppy.

songs about leaving by carissa's wierd

My last four listens. Though I only listened to Spiegel off that Cerha compositions record.
>Mirror Man
>Requia
>Eternal Rhythm
Great stuff. That one bouncy sounding riff from When The Catfish Is In Bloom is still stuck in my head even though I listened to that record 10 months ago. What's that last record? I don't recognize it.

Anthony Davis - Variations In Dreamtime
>Tyler
>Floyd
>Y
That's an interesting combo of stuff. Of well, I do love Y though so I can't really complain.

The Birthday Party - Junkyard

Thank you for the rec
going to listen to the soft boys right now!

listening to high pitched chirps to throw off the bio feedback system

swans, death grips, the list goes on and on and on

occasionally likes listening to music outside at night
lives in a smaller town and has some close friends but they don't really share your interests
wants a girlfriend that likes your music but nobody you meet is into early 60s rock
Likes exploring music a lot and hasn't gotten tired of it
lives in a big city, not many friends
usually chill but can get really angry at times
restless, you want to move or change something

Anyone please?

>wants a girlfriend that likes your music but nobody you meet is into early 60s rock

Do I really complain about it that often that everyone knows?

if we're being honest here

yeah I saw a thread about it earlier and I assumed it was you lol

Don't think that was me, I don't normally MAKE threads to complain.

ok yeah maybe I remembered wrong but there was definitely someone complaining about not having a gf that likes early 60s rock and I pretty sure there's not two of you here