So I'm 20 and have no hobbies/talents/skills and finally outgrew vidya games...

So I'm 20 and have no hobbies/talents/skills and finally outgrew vidya games. Music is the only art I care about anymore, and I want to play an instrument. I'm looking into drums. What should I get to keep them relatively quiet while practicing?

Other urls found in this thread:

guitarcenter.com/DW/Go-Anywhere-Practice-Set-1274115037802.gc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a vasectomy

>drums
>quiet
pick one

An electric kit. They seem expensive at first but they are worth it because you can practice at any time without annoying people in flatsa or watever

Your only option is v-drums, which play very differently from acoustic drums and also sound like poop.

just download a daw instead and get to work.
don't have to worry about holding back over MUH NEIGHBORS

Incorrect. You're just lucky you haven't received any noise complaints yet

are electric kits really that quiet? It'd be cool because I want to play a lot and not get shit from people around me.

that's why I said *relatively* quiet

They're basically silent if you wear headphones

>I want to start fucking duded. How do I do this while being "relatively" straight?

There are drum sound absorbing pads that kill the sound for when you're practicing. It still makes noise, but it's better for if you want to get an acoustic kit.

Also, you could just "test the waters" and see if anyone gives a shit that you're playing drums. This is what I did. I live in an apartment, and I've been playing the drums here like every day for 2 years and nobody gives a shit.

Option 1. They secretly hate you and are too beta to complain

Option 2. You have extremely patrician taste and they look forward to your performances

Why drums though? Before spending money on anything, you should know how to play them, otherwise they'll just gather up dust in corner.

>before buying an instrument you should know how to play it
How does that work

Take lessons. I didn't buy a guitar until I learned how to play it.

I want to FUCK Meg.

what the fuck did you take the lessons on

>I want to FUCK Meg.
What did he mean by this?

Had a teacher

My question is how you manage to learn without owning a guitar to practice on

go on craiglist m8

they are not silent lmao. Instead of loud drums it just sounds like a flock of woodpeckers has invaded your home

Probably rented it. Most places that offer lessons also do instrument rentals.

Why did this imagery make me chuckle so?

Buy a dw practice kit and take lessons. To supplement the lessons, get a good book. Examples are syncopation by ted reed, and advanced funk studies by rick latham.
:)

guitarcenter.com/DW/Go-Anywhere-Practice-Set-1274115037802.gc

You're a fucking moron. Those are not even remotely the same. Back to tumblr for you!

me too, I love how her tits jiggle while she drums

$180 for a practice kit? That's kinda steep desu

BUMP 4 MEG

you have to be able to get pussy if you're going to play drums. that's a drummer's primary role. are you currently able to do this?