Yo, this album is fucking trash, man

Wack

Hi grimes

Yo, your taste sucks. This album is too avant garde for such a pleb like you. If you dislike it listen to something else more suited to your pleb taste, like Nickelback. Problem solved.

Grimes is redditorcore

I see nothing wrong with that. 90% of Sup Forums visit reddit too. They just don't admit it.

>90% of Sup Forums visit reddit too. They just don't admit it.
you don't belong here.

>pop
>too avant-garde
Choose one and only one

Pick experimental pop. Checkmate.

Really? You could post on both boards, idiots. They're not mutually exclusive.

This is true.

This album is definitely not experimental pop though.

Why does Sup Forums spontaneously care about Grimes at random times? Oh wait i already know

Due to the culture of rampant contrarianism on this board, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "like" something is when the thing in question isn't good enough to be worth hating. Likewise, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "hate" something is when the thing in question IS good enough to be worth hating (because people throw rocks at things that shine because things that shine are easy to see.)

For an artist, being universally loved on /mu is a bad sign. Likewise being universally hated on /mu is a bad sign. However being simultaneously strongly loved AND strongly hated by /mu is a wonderful sign, since the size of that dichotomy itself is the closest thing this place has to offer to a true judgment of artistic value.

The proof that Grimes IS a great artist (insofar as /mu hive-mind opinion is concerned) lies in the fact that she has the POWER TO DIVIDE this place. Only the greatest artists can do that.

fact: i only "post" on reddit to shill my bandcamp releases. i'll post a random "yeah" "great job" bullshit post in r/music or r/thedonald to appear that i'm not shilling. that's all i use it for.

you aren't allowed to speak your mind on reddit. or twitter. or facebook. or instagram. i come here because i can speak my mind. you can't do that on reddit.

i have no allegiance to reddit.

Nobody cares

It's actually like 30% at most.

Thank fucking God for that.

i remember not liking this very much in 2015 so i never bothered to listen to grimes until recently. im honestly really suprised at how much im liking this and her first 2 albums now

Is this like when the kids say something is bad, but they really mean it's good?

her music is a grower. if you have the patience to let it grow on you.

Managed to endure my way through a total of two whole songs from Visions back in the summer of 2014 before deciding her stuff simply wasn't for me. Spend the next 1.5 years actively avoiding anything connected to her until one day - after having pretty much forgotten who she was - I came across something else of hers and decided to listen to it for shits and giggles. She's been my favorite living musical artist ever since. It's weird how her stuff can work out that way.

Explain why you think its trash. I don't even like Grimes but I enjoyed this record. Otherwise quit baiting the grimes fans

what's wrong with Fart Angles?

YO, I'M GONNA GET SOME GOOBAS

Grimes is cute.

>implying Sup Forums hates grimes

only hate grime fans but grimes is pop whatever

Some of the songs on it are kind of mediocre but the production is great throughout, and the highlights are some of her best work yet.

I visit a few specialty subreddits but I sure as fuck don't discuss music on reddit. I'd rather kill myself

Even experimental pop is only "too avant-garde" for full-blown normies

>culture of rampant contrarianism
>most of the board blindly follows pitchfork, melon, and Sup Forumscore, which is a list of critically acclaimed albums
You're confusing a few people (who always endlessly get called out as contrarians, mostly unjustly) for the majority of the board.

I think ill replace the word "shit" in my vocabulary with "Grimes" from now on

OP confirmed for a critical thinking individual

What caused such a strong attachment to this place for you anyhow?

I think it's pasta, I have seen that post before.

At least try harder to bait

No fucking kidding

Grimes is so fucking cute omg can't stand it lads she is so CUTE how does everyone go about their day like she isn't just the CUTEST

Yeah, I know it's pasta, but it's pasta in the same sense as the "grimes stats" list. I'm pretty sure they really do take it seriously/

I'm a researcher who studies social behavior and how having social interactions augmented by technology (particularly the Internet) effects people. This place is a literal goldmine of fascinating potential data points.

Cal

Different user. Come again?

Did you even try on this meme?
Anyways, implying that something as poppy as Art Angels can be too avant-garde for anyone on Sup Forums is just ridiculous.

Please post grime pics

I'm begging you man

she's very deep