How many times until it clicked?

How many times until it clicked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1I8YutV0gP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i liked it immediately
i was 16, so innocent.

The first time I heard white noise I liked it. This wasn't much different.

On first listen. I only started liking it less after consecutive ones honestly.

I think it still has to. I like some tracks, but for the most it's still ??????

Prolly cuz ur a lil bish

I didn't say it was shit. I just cannot enjoy it that much.

first listen was an instant NOPE
fast forward a few years of depression and the beauty clicked

first one
I remember crying like a bitch when What You Want/Soon because it was the most perfect piece of music I heard

Wow, what a goat dick

wdymbt?

I listened to parts of it and liked it okay but the first time I sat and listened to the album in it's entirety I was extremely sleep deprived and it blew me away

I first found this album when I was lurking Wikipedia and found shoegaze. This album was the most mentioned one, so I listened to only shallow and just thought it was noise. A few months later I started to get into music, and about a year later I started browsing Sup Forums and listened to this album. It clicked on the first listen and I didn't understand how I couldn't have liked it before

I "got it" on the first listen. This is literally their most accessible album.

2 listens

Not even a huge shoegaze fan but shit man

What tracks do you like the most? Just curious.

About 5 times

within 10 seconds

how many times until it un-clicks?

till you're not interested in popular music anymore

4 times, a trip to brno during winter and a house a little bit oustide the city so I could see al the lights from a distance

liked it at first listen, clicked on the second

What's the problem, exactly? It's very pretty but noisy.

Call me pleb but Lovless is still top 3 imho

3 i think? At first i thought it just sounded really weird and only liked only shallow. Now I skip only shallow every time i listen to it.

Never

2 times. I only said is the best song on the album

3rd listen, each listen was seperated by a few years

The first time. Except it was more of a snap that a click cause I snapped my vinyl it in half and threw it in the trash. Shoegaze is just generic low fi indie rock over distorted vacuum noises.

I distinctly remember hearing the distorted melody on the 2nd track and really liking it and then it clicked during Touched cuz i realized the album sounded like hypnic jerks or something and other stuff didnt sound like that

this

The second time since I liked it on the first one but every song kind of blended together, but I came back for its more memorable moments and I started really digging the whole thing.

I heard it when i was like 13, WAYYY before Sup Forums and i just though "well, i guess it's an important album from the 90's", then i heard it after a while browsing here and it was pure bliss.
Same thing happened with Ok Computer, tho i had like a week browsing here (the posts didn't made hear it) and it just clicked; all while i was going through my first baby "depression".

The first time I thought it was cool, "When You Sleep" clicked on first listen. The second time, it was starting to get in my head, but third time when I found the charm. Until I started listening to other shoegaze and Loveless is kind of a turd to me.

first time... not trying to seem patrician or whatever. Only Shallow got my attention, Loomer pulled me in, and the rest was just magic

I revisit it every few months and it still hasn't for me.

same tbhfam

a few. first track was instant, second track i turned it off the first time i ever listened, but i loved that first track right off. sounded poppy

second track was just like "WTF PEACE" and put something else on

later on after getting with a girl and just like... being phased out... the morning after I put it on and heard "To Here Knows When" and from there it was instantly, and to this day 10-11 years later, a favorite, perhaps my favorite ever. best band of all time. better than VU, Beatles, etc - TO ME

Will they ever put out another album?
These fuckers are pretty lazy

I want to marry Bilinda.

I hope so. I'd be happy with another EP at least.

not sure when I first listened to it
I listened to it on my 16th birthday in bed and remembered loving it, but I reckon that was like my 5th listen so I really have no idea when it "clicked"

try it on acid, works for me.

what you want is the best song on the album

Kevin said he was working on a new EP back in 2014
so there might be hope
although you never know with Kevin

maybe the third or fourth time. After I started hearing the melodies underneath the vacuum cleaners.

I've listened to it like 7 times and only like Only Sallow and When You Sleep. I don't think it's bad, it's just not for me.

literally the first time

I like Soon, Sometimes, When You Sleep and I Only Said.

Second listen, at When You Sleep. I was 13 and on a long road trip. When I got to that song and I had the most stupid grin on my face. I can't listen to Loveless without smiling like a dumbass the whole time anymore.

If it doesn't click as soon as When You Sleep comes on, just turn the album off.

Why does this board posture like getting into this album is hard? It's a 90s pop album with distortion.

I smoked an entire blunt of med grade with no tolerance, waddled my way out of the woods and into my home, and started to get really bad spins/psychedelic trailing. As soon as I put on this album the vertigo stopped and I was able to relax.
that was probably my 3rd time listening to it and I've loved it ever since

5 or 6

honestly it took a while, first time i listened to it i didn't pay much attention, but after months i listened to it a couple of times again but actually having an idea of what shoegaze is

today it's possibly my favorite album

25 times and still no click
- love the sounds but the compositions are just too weak (except of course Only Shallow)

What You Want is composed beautifully
lots of melodies going on in that song that are not really clear after the first couple listens

mediocre album completely overhyped by the internet
sometimes and what u want are really good tho

I really liked the first time but got more boring as I listened more

2nd or third idr

at least 35 or 40, and i rated it three stars.

i'm not lying

>there are people forcing themselves to like an album by listening to it over and over
explain yourselves

>listening to an album you don't even like 40 times
good lord

This. Stop convincing yourself this is better than it is.

desu I like MBV just fine but once I heard Slowdive I can't help but get frustrated by MBV's lack of good melody.

They hide it in the intentional piss poor production, the fuzz/noise.

And before somebody gets mad, melody isn't everything, but shoegaze and dream pop without it is fucking garbage.

mbv is more about ambiance. more than having any discernible melody

can we stop discussing Sup Forumscore on this board. like can we be a lil more interesting

>ambiance of fuzzy distortion and noise.

Yeah, I guess if that's what you look for in ambiance than all power to you.

I'm the complete opposite, I used to think slowdive was way better than mbv, now slowdive sounds shit compared to mbv, good shit no doubt, but loveless just trumps how sappy souvlaki feels after several listens.

as soon as I realized it was one of those "just turn your brain off" albums

One... then I stopped liking it after I realized it was terrible.

The first time I listened I didn't really know what it was (somebody told me to DL it and I just had it on my phone for a while). Once I'd learned about their place in Shoegaze and so on I thought it was alright, and that's the opinion I still hold.

I've listened to it 30+ times trying to figure out what good friends and Sup Forums see in it. I still hate it

on acid i imagine it is somewhat like this

youtube.com/watch?v=1I8YutV0gP8

>my poopy valentine
There is nothing to click or more like.....DICK!

10, but i listened to it more than 30 or 40 or even many more times fully

once

about 7 times, and then after 30 times I didn't like it anymore. it's a meme and I'm mostly sick of it.