Best concert you've seen

Surprised this thread doesn't pop up on Sup Forums more often. I've seen a shitload of great concerts so I have to do a top 5:

1. Rage Against the Machine voodoofest 2007
2. Radiohead New Orleans 2017/St. Louis 2012
3. Wilco Orpheum Memphis 2009
4. Mars Volta minglewood hall memphis 2009
5. Flaming Lips Bonnaroo 2007

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CMpZUGsC3f8
youtu.be/uNYI2jWgpxM
youtu.be/hneq06uodKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because making a list of best concerts you've been to is such a reddit rockist mentality

>Surprised this thread doesn't pop up on Sup Forums more often
Because we're too autistic to go to concerts.

>Radiohead St. Louis 2012

was there as well. Bloom was a religious experience

the picture in OP was during that song. such a great show.

>5. Flaming Lips Bonnaroo 2007
i was there for a bit
but then went to gov't mule's epic set with bob weir and john paul jones

Dillinger Escape Plan Austin 2017
Converge FunFunFunFest Austin 2015
Last year's Sound On Sound Festival
Texas, especially Austin, is awesome for music.

>I've seen a shitload of great concerts so I have to do a top 5:
I've been to too many to come up with a top 5. It's apples to oranges to pears to peaches to strawberries.

>Rage Against the Machine
DUDE FASHISM LMAO

im not even a huge rage fan but that was the best show ive ever seen.

>even a huge fan of the band that played the best show I've ever seen
oh i see

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds 2015
Pixies 2014
Built to Spill 2013

Didn't really see any shows from 2005 to 2010 because I was too broke, and all the shows I saw before then were cringey nu metal bands.

>I've been to so many concerts i've transcended lists

fuckin wooooah dude

What do if my friends are a bunch of plebs and don't want to go to concerts with me?

Top 5:
5. Pink Floyd (for the sheer spectacle)
4. Spineshank/Hed (p.e.)/System of a Down/Fear Factory
3. King Crimson (Construktion of Light tour '00.)
2. KMFDM/ Braindead Soundmachine
1. Skinny Puppy/Severed Heads

Go by yourself. Don't let other people bring you down.

to be fair to all of the youngerfags here the touring industry isn't what it used to be. I had a fucking blast all through the 2000's going to shows in memphis, st. louis, atlanta, and new orleans. slim pickings nowadays.

What said. Taking somebody to a concert that they won't appreciate is a waste of time and money. Don't be afraid to go by yourself and enjoy the experience rather than drag along people who will be on their phone and talk the whole show.

1. Andrew Bird Gelligizheid (sp?) in Chicago '14
2. The Growlers Lincoln Hall chicago circa '15
3. System of a down riot fest chicago '15
4. smashing pumpkins la jolla CA '08
5. Tool voodoo fest '16 NOLA

>top 3
Radiohead In Rainbows tour Japan 2008
youtu.be/CMpZUGsC3f8

Frank Ocean Los Angeles FYF 2017
youtu.be/uNYI2jWgpxM

D'angelo Los Angeles 2012
youtu.be/hneq06uodKY

seen them all more than once but these shows were very special

Neutral Milk Hotel in Portland.

mbv but they fucked my ears up

mbv?

Tool on their Lateralus tour in 2002.

1. Deafheaven/Envy - DC 2015
2. Parquet Courts - DC 2014
3. Titus Andronicus - DC 2013
4. Kanye - DC Yeezus Tour
5. Jeff Mangum - Northampton MA 2012

This. I saw Spiritualized a few years ago by myself, and I can't picture it being any better with company. They played Cop Shoot Cop, and it was fantastic. I left feeling satisfied and somewhat proud of myself for not being a complete social retard and just staying home and not experiencing one of my favorite bands in a live setting. Don't feel like you need to drag someone along with you all the time. Chances are, you'll still enjoy yourself.

1. Brand New playing TDaG in full at cross insurance arena 2016
2. Kendrick Lamar (front row) td garden 2017
3. Neutral Milk Hotel boston calling 2014
4. Have a Nice Life middle east 2017
5. Swans at royale 2016

Going by yourself can be just as fun.
In general you even meet more people that way.

1. Sturgill Simpson in Chattanooga & Nashville 2016
2. Bonnaroo 2017 (it’s a copout but there were too many good sets to choose from)
3. Kanye West in Nashville 2016
4. Jason Isbell/William Tyler in Knoxville 2017
5. Drive-By Truckers in Nashville 2017

would've done the same. fuck yeah john paul jones

My Bad, Vince
Great Aussie industrial outfit

against me in Vancouver 2015 and 2016
titus andronicus, japandroids in Vancouver 2016 too

My dude. I live in TN as well. Where's the best place to see shows here? I'm in Knoxville btw.

kek'd

Oh hell yeah, I just moved from Knoxville after living there for 5 years. Living near Nashville these days so I go to plenty of shows at the Ryman, but my favorites are the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville and the Tivoli Theatre in Chattanooga. Plenty of other places tho like the Orpheum, Bijou, etc.

NMH in Portland, jan 2014

everybody in the crowd was going fucking nuts the whole thing was a mosh. Most connected i've ever felt with total strangers. Wasn't even on any drugs

>1. Jack White at Bonnaroo 2014
I cried. The White Stripes influenced me a lot and I've always wanted to see them live since I was a kid. It was really special to hear all my favorites done with a good backing band.

>2. Mustard Plug in Grand Rapids during their annual Christmas hometown show on my 21st birthday

I got to drink whiskey out of some huge tits and skank while really drunk. 10/10 show

>3. Metallica at Orionfest 2013
They played Kill Em All in its entirety. Nuff said.

>4. Disclosure at Bonnaroo 2014
I danced a lot. I danced with so many people and I wasn't even on drugs. And Sam Smith came out to do Latch and it was really great.

>5. Megadeth at the Orbit Room in Grand Rapids

It had a lot of shitty nu metal and horrible metal openers. But my brother dragged me along and it was a great bonding moment for the soul fact that we both moshed to "Peace Sells" and had a blast. Those dudes can still put on a great show.

were we at the same show?

Fuck dude! I just moved to Knoxville like 3 months ago. I haven't been able to see any shows yet, but I heard the Pilot Light is cool for some local weirdness. Also Run the Jewels and AJJ is going to be in Nashville and Knoxville. You going to any of those? I'm planning on the AJJ one.

Never been to the Pilot Light, got into that scene just a little too late before I moved. And I’d like to see RTJ, but I don’t think my work schedule will allow it.

So far I’ve got tickets to see Father John Misty in September and Jason Isbell in October (both in Nashville). Also trying to see Gillian Welch, Son Volt, and John Moreland when they come through.

Julien Baker
SXSW 2015
In a church at midnight.

I don't even like her recorded work but her music works incredibly well live. She's very emotive and genuine.

was at that frank show as well, beautiful. definitely one of my all time favorites

DJ Shadow is going to be here on the second and I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up some tickets for it.

Man the Mill and Mine here is not fucking around when it comes to getting some great acts. I was looking at what they have planned and what's been there and it's been fucking lit. I haven't checked out Nashville yet, but I do plan on going there asap for a concert. I'll probably go to the FJM concert before I leave here though. I've been dying to see him live.

Arcade Fire's coming near where I live in October and I think I used to like Funeral. Is it worth it?

LCD Soundsystem
Frank Ocean
Radiohead
Neutral Milk Hotel
Sufjan
Kanye

I went to high school with her. she liked the dick back then

Well their new album is absolutely awful and the album before that was mediocre and the album before that was a big step down from Funeral and Neon Bible.

That being said I've heard they're great live. But due to their popularity the show will be large which isn't really as enjoyable (I remember seeing a video of them playing No Cars Go in some Canadian bar or something circa 2002 or so and it really sucks that something like that won't ever happen again with them).

I wouldn't personally bother. They're far away from their Funeral days.