Hendrix

Does anyone have recommendations for specifically the most avant-garde end of Jimi Hendrix's work? I want his most fucked up and on-another-planet material.

Other urls found in this thread:

tmz.com/videos/0_pjr091r9/
youtube.com/watch?v=4E1qCAPJJPE
youtube.com/watch?v=PqYh-7WZ1Ro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah I would like a Hendrix flowchart too

If not a flowchart then just a rec on some of his weirder shit, but a flowchart would be great also.

He never really delivered any stuff like that. There are a few tracks throughout his studio albums like third planet from the sun but you're best bet is to look to his live albums. Band Of Gypsy's is a good start. It's a shame because apparently Miles Davis' wanted to record an album with him but he died. I'm sure it was Bitches' Brew. He did jam with him two times though. It wasn't recorded

tmz.com/videos/0_pjr091r9/

I can't find it anywhere on youtube anymore, but the version of I Don't Live Today from the Kiss the Sky compilation has a middle section where Redding and Mitchell lay out and Hendrix goes into one of his patented guitar noise barrages and makes the Woodstock Star Spangled Banner seem normal sounding by comparison.

Yessss I love that shit. If I could have an album of just him fucking with his guitar live I'd be so happy.

Downloading that and Band of Gypsy's right now.

He never made anything like that sorry user

3rd Stone From The Sun and Back At The House which is really Dave Brubeck's Blue Rondo A La Turk with a different title.

let me check my hard drive...

Try this. It even has a kickass cover of Peace In Mississippi.

was trying to remember how the files were organized....theres a show in 69, they do two sets, ones a little faster than the other

you cn find high quality files of the songs out there

meantime - fuck me - theres video two

youtube.com/watch?v=4E1qCAPJJPE

machine gun makes me want to jerk off

Definitely early/live Ween.

existing makes me want to jerk off

disgusting.
please go.

Obligatory Hendrix guitar sound warp intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=PqYh-7WZ1Ro

bumping to share this

I once spent months trying to learn his intro to Killing Floor from the Monterey Fest. Not even lose.

It's literally just albums 1-3 -> Band of Gypsys -> First Rays of the New Rising Sun -> fish around the live albums, the best ones being Live at the Fillmore East and Live at Monterey.

IIRC a flexi years ago in Guitar Player magazine of a live Red House and in the sheet provided with it there were parts that were actually called "Good Luck" parts.

The writer called the version "unspeakingly difficult"

Bump

machine makes me feel like i was abducted by aliens

This.