Be Trent Reznor

>be Trent Reznor
>make consistently great albums and have high quality original sound design and production while maintaining an absolutely jacked physique and a family of five children
How does he do it bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nmqWKWfDwew
youtube.com/watch?v=zAGtlgwFdhM
youtube.com/watch?v=HLreaAQA9kA
youtube.com/watch?v=3lbFfiLAj_A
vulture.com/2017/07/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails.html
youtu.be/sDHqywS6un0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want him to fuck me

Drive

>had a hard life and suffers from clinical depression
>is neither a whiny pussy nor a degenerate junkie/sex addict
>basically BTFO the music industry and took control of his entire creative output
How the fuck does he pull it off bros?! Is he the anti-nu male?

He is everything I aspire to be as a musician

>The Fragile [Nothing, 1999]
After six fucking years, genius-by-acclamation Trent Reznor delivers double-hoohah, every second remixed till it glistens like broken glass on a prison wall. Is the way he takes his petty pain out on the world a little, er, immature for a guy who's pushing 35? Never mind, I'm told--just immerse in the music. So I do. "Dream job: emperor," it says. "More fun than death by injection." B

This is just further proof that Trent is the GOAT, all nu males fucking HATE him.

I like how he is still forced to give the album an above average score, just because Trent's music is just that high quality, lel

if he doesn't kill himself he's a poser
everyone else has killed themselves now besides him and eddie veddar
both a couple of faggot posers

t. nu male

He literally made this gen-x Numale destroy his own credibility writing a shit the bed hit piece on The Fragile.

Note. Brent is 25 odd years younger then Trent.

15ish* oops

Strong convictions in God and good friends and family helped him take a step back.

tfw TDS wasn't anti-god, it was: kill god and torment and death will come for you.

He should rename his band to How To Destroy Nu males, lmao

He ruined Twin Peaks S03E08 t.b.h.

just a straight up embarrassing opinion Tbh, that was the only good part of those 60 minutes of pandering normie bait.

I liked it, but it would have been even better if he played the Las Vegas piano player last episode with his waifu as the lounge singer and the Atticus and the rest as the back up band,

as much as I love Trent, you can't just displace a perfect OH ANGELO moment like that

youtube.com/watch?v=nmqWKWfDwew

>that fucking pitchfork review

>And as the singer-songwriter continues to wrestle with the same feelings of stasis, hopelessness, and despair his lyrics have chronicled for nearly three decades, his heroes (David Bowie, Prince), contemporaries (Chris Cornell), and acolytes (Chester Bennington) are dying at an alarming rate. In retrospect, the clingy black powder that served as Not the Actual Events’ prankish “physical component” seems less like a cheap gag and more like scattered ashes.

It's not hard to get swole. Literally just lift for 40 minutes 5 times a week and don't eat like shit.

Same here.
Since I started learning how to use synthetizers, my interest in his music became almost as intense as when I was a teenager.
I think nu-NIN and HTDA is better than old NIN. It seems that not a lot of people appreciate how inventive his use of instruments is.

everyone like angry young Trent circa 1992-5 and forget that wasn't who he used to begin with. computers nd synth experimentation was always what he was interested in from the time he learned piano.

His love letter to moog

youtube.com/watch?v=zAGtlgwFdhM

>I think nu-NIN and HTDA is better than old NIN. It seems that not a lot of people appreciate how inventive his use of instruments is.
Not necessarily, listen to "Quake" (1996).

Yeah, he finally got to drop the act TDS forced him to act to and got back to work trying new things like he always wanted to do.

nin had the best performance so far unless you like female fronted yawnpop

>It's a Lynch brings on one of his musical Waifu episodes.

What a madman

youtube.com/watch?v=HLreaAQA9kA

Work his ass off all day every day. Same way Bach did it, and same way all productive people do it. They get on with it and don't waste time on Sup Forums asking how celebrities did what they did.

Also "Consistently Great" is pushing it.

this fucking concert doe
youtube.com/watch?v=3lbFfiLAj_A

yeah, It is better stated that he takes risks, experiments and doesn't linger on his mistakes beyond learning from them, nor does he stay in a comfort zone too often. He might make one or two songs as a safe bet, but then push the boundaries. Like what Less Than was to Add Violence, or the first half of With_Teeth

>jacked

AHAHAHAHA

Is this an ironic thread?
nobody really likes nine inch nails, right?
I literally can't tell anymore...

haha classic height joke

Lmao nigga did you have an aneurysm or some shit

You just gave me more of a reason not to like him, thanks user!

>absolutely jacked

please stop this meme. he was never that big

Sorry but youre the outlier here

I don't care how well the performance was, I didn't want to watch a concert in the middle of a tv show

Sup Forums decided to like them all of a sudden. probably the new generation of posters

The Downward Spiral was always on the Sup Forums-core chart

In all fairness, this probably is jacked compared to what most Sup Forums posters look like

Trent... has had a hard life...

They were the only good band on the show, so far anyway. Lynch has put nothing but bands that imo clash with the show's aesthetic, but the sheer noise of whatever the hell that nin song was really brought the atmosphere lacking in the other performances. I just kinda want a free improvisation artist at one of the episodes or something less musical anyway

Not the Actual Nu-Male

>make consistently great albums

Fell at the first hurdle.

He hasn't made anything remotely decent since 1999, unless you count the live album from 2002 which was all old material.

>he believes this
nigga have you heard Year Zero and NTAE

qt

He's the only one to not just unjust himself, but also outjust himself

not a fan of nine inch nails but that's impressive

Having a lot of money means if you can't keep up a good physique you're just lazy.

How do I into trent and the 22 centimeter screws

>get clean
>replace drugs and booze with nonstop lifting, biking, work and vidya to keep mind off addictions issues.

Forget which interview, but I think it was Saul Williams, and he said their first interactions together was playing nonstop vidya games.

The Downward Spiral -> Year Zero --> The Fragile
If you get to The Fragile and you're still not interested, don't even bother

With_Teeth. It's the friendliest album surface wise, then go forward and back at will.

When you go through AATCHB/Still and The Fragile, come back to With_Teeth and you'll have a whole new deeper appreciation of why it's actually so angsty in places.

That's part of why he always seems so down. He's realized it's just another bullshit job where you have to go to work everyday and do things that you don't care about, and then people tell you "good job" and they don't even matter or mean anything because they're fucking retarded. And you can't tell anyone because then it will all fall apart.

You're projecting real hard

why is Trent trying to become a Duggar

The Reznor 5 is going to be the actual event

he's a manlet so he has to compensate in every other area.

has anyone else listened to BURNING BRIGHT (FIELD ON FIRE) while the loop of the background world played?

do it

Best interview in a long time:

vulture.com/2017/07/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails.html

Yeah, really interesting.
The interviewer did a great job, but it seems like he really wants to keep his goodguy badge.

This is an 18+ website.

>5'7
Pretty easy to get jacked at that height.

How do you do it?
I tried it but I don't hear anything besides two tracks at the same tempo played together.

My are you watching lynch stuff if you're so fickle?

So at which point does he become a good musician?

Does anyone here has any clue on what was he working on under apple music and beats?
It has something to do with streaming services but i have no idea what new could come from that

He's the reason why I pay $10 a month and download everything my little heart desires. Albums are no longer a means to make money; they just get artists' names out there.

>when you remember nine inch nails did a Joy Division cover

youtu.be/sDHqywS6un0

Yeah, but he was CCO of Apple music, something new has to come from that
He always talks about how he's been working on something exciting but i have no idea what that could be, it's streaming service, i can't imagine anything new coming from "pay and listen to whatever you want"

With_Teeth is where I started. Broken isn't a bad place to start either, with it being only six tracks.

Remember NIN had that farewell tour and he came back four years later because he missed it? Doesn't sound like obligation to me.

Yea and thats when he starting scoring film. Being able to do so without nine inch nails in the back of his mind was probably the best way that could have worked out for him.

Eddie Vedder should be next

Yep, its pretty easy

thanks user, now I feel better about not being a highly successful musical producer

5'7 isnt short

Mu has always liked NIN

>5'7 isnt short
t. manlet

Im probably taller than you buddy

And?

The Woodstock version of this song is pretty cool too.

Maybe HTDA didn't work out as well as he wished.
During that period, I stopped following what he was doing, but as far as I can tell, it was kinda disastrous, nobody got what they were doing and people complained because Mariqueen isn't an opera singer.
Actually, you can find many elements of HTDA in his new stuff (similar lyrical themes, Atticus, etc.)

I'm not a huge NIN fan but I liked Year Zero. The synths on that album sound great and there is some impressive programming going on. I don't like his more guitar based tracks though, unless he's using it more as a texture like on "me, I'm not" or the social network score.

hahaha i thought so too

He's at his best when he blends the electronic sounding stuff with guitar seamlessly.

Yea I used to have a copy of "when the whip comes down" 10/10 bootleg. I don't know why but on the video there's parts where the mic cuts out but it doesn't on the audio recording.

Good, if this generation of posters could replace the tourists from Sup Forums who arrived last year, it would be great.

Yes, Sup Forums-males hate him because he is 100% sincere and 0% irony unlike father john misty or whatever tepid marketed indie pop this board is shilling this week

I kinda wanted to post Trent on that "will we ever see another Frank Zappa" thread. He may not be as prolific as Zappa (what like 60+ albums over his career?) Trent has drifted into enough obscurity that he can do whatever the hell he feels like musically, has the financial means to do so; Also, has the drive and talent to do it. I think his new ep every six months thing could get really interesting.

It's a trilogy of EPs so he probably won't keep this thing but I believe big man Reznor will keep releasing stuff after that.

You're right about the ep's we're getting now. It's a trilogy. However, he keeps saying in interviews it's not worth the time to make a full length album given how people "consume it and forget about it in two days." I think if these eps workout for him that's how he'll continue to release new music. He also mentioned wanting to work with orchestrated music and exploring different avenues there. Whether or not he will, remains to be seen but he's definitely thinking about it.

Ah shit Trent talked about orchestrated music. Idk how he would fit that in NIN. But nothing can stop him now.

Guys where do i go from here?
I've listened to all his albums, HTDA and movie soundtracks
I'm looking for bands with interesting premises, i'm listening now to Death Grips and Blanck Mass but i don't want to listen to nu-metal bands or industrial-rock-metal bands like Ministry, where do i go from now? I really love synths

"What makes you hopeful about music’s future?
I still feel like a student who has more musical places to go. I’m in awe of the compositional possibilities still out there. When I work on new music, nine times out of ten, I feel like I’m tuned into something I haven’t explored before. And working on films with Atticus [Ross] is teaching me so much. I’m interested in learning more about traditional orchestration; there’s harmonic exploration I want to do. There are a million rhythmic things I want to explore. My optimism comes from the possibility of expanding my musical brain."

Copied the relevant q&a from the vulture interview I was referring to previously.

Radiohead

Listen to Alessandro Cortini's bands like Sonoio and Modwheelmood and his solo work.
Listen to Atticuss' other soundtracks like Almost Holy etc.

this is the dumbest fucking post ever and yet I still fucking laughed

Also listen to The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust! if you haven't. Trent produced a lot of it.