Dadrock

Post your favourite dadrock album

Don't dismiss early metal as dadrock. Do yourself a favour and listen to some of the old shit.

The older I get the more it grows on me

i prefer pic

Is Neil Young considered dadrock?

at this point, what isn't dadrock

Objectively the best dadrock album, so of course all of you contrarians would say otherwise.

Stop it user I'm not ready to grow old

rivers cuomo is pushing 50, user

This. Fleetwood Mac's Rumours is the mumrock equivalent.

vatirock

Yeah, that's a good one for sure. I forgot about Springsteen. He's probably the best Dadrock artist.

Dad Rock is just rock that your dad listens to or used to listen to.

Only plebs like yourself use it as a derogatory term.

Face it, early Black Sabbath, and early Heavy Metal in general IS Dad Rock.

Some people's dads had good taste in music. Only plebs little edge lords like you didn't

I remember going to the Masters of Metal concert some years back and saw a father with his ten year old son, and both of them were wearing the same Iron Maiden concert t-shirt, being that Iron Maiden had just been through town about one month prior. It did my heart good to see a father pass the torch of metal down to his son to carry on.

Pic posted is one of my favorite dad rock albums of all time, and I'm not ashamed to admit that punk rock is now Dad Rock. Deal with it!

Only disk my dad had. He pirated it, too.

dads didn't know about this album back in the day
it was obscure

This, patrician.

This album grew on me a lot.

wow im old now.

When a dadrock album is so good you don't feel like it's dadrock

not dadrock, fucking underage retards

a classic

also good

Right answer

I understand that a lot of people will try to contest the suggestion that this was dadrock, but from the experience of my peers and myself, all of whom have fathers between the ages of 50-70, our fathers have had very intense responses when their offspring bring this record up in listening or conversation. The general thread with these dads:
> heard Once In a Lifetime played on multiple occasions on college or rock radio station
> Went to record store and asked for the LP by referencing lyrics of aforementioned song
> Got home, popped album on the turntable, difficult listening experience ensues

It was hilarious that this narrative was true across all of my closest friends (except for the mate who's pops was a dirty WOP)

My dad likes talking heads

80's music is dadrock by now, honestly. My dad's favorite album was Speaking in Tongues, bought at the height of his adolescence, and he's nearing 50. Hell, he was a big fan of The Smiths.

Anyway, favorite dadrock album for me has to be Power, Corruption and Lies.

Then how come they gained popularity back then? Its dadrock by very definition whether you like it or not.

something something neil young

The people who bought Hybrid Theory in 2000 when it first came out are now literally dads.

Dad has excellent taste

this, or dark side of the moon.

I bought it when I was literally 7 you faggot, well mommy bought it for me.

Is Rush dadrock?

>Then how come they gained popularity back then?

i said they were not popular back then lol
krautrock was rediscovered in the 90s basically.

they werent popular until hipsters discovered them many years later. how many different ways do you need it explained?

If you were 7 back in 2000, you're old enough to be a dad now.

Literally how jaded are you from society? Do you really believe that or is it some kind of abstract baiting?

believe what? do you think krautrock was popular in 1971? lol please
do you think VU were popular in 1967 too? lol

S-stop

Indeed

t. grandpa

/thread