Ground breaking electronic music comes out every week

>ground breaking electronic music comes out every week
>Sup Forums still discusses age old indie rock like arcade fire and shitty hip hop like tyler the creator

the shame on all of you. bad taste

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U4DJjsQ5qGY
erikm.bandcamp.com/album/doubse-hysterie-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=Mx3LccRvidg
youtube.com/watch?v=MYr6I20UM-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sup Forums told me that shitty hip hop like tyler the creator IS electronic though.

>ground breaking mumblerap comes out every week
>academia still discusses centuries old classical moosic like beethoven and mozart and shitty jazz like davis and coltrane

the shame on all of you. bad taste

>>ground breaking electronic music comes out every week
>doesn't post a single thing released this week/month/year

really makes you think

>ground breaking electronic music comes out every week
don't think so, buddy

inb4 music gets posted. and then dismissed by someone describing it with an adjective

>shitty jazz like davis and coltrane
Why are they shitty exactly? Coltrane of all musicians...

no one said otherwise

youtube.com/watch?v=U4DJjsQ5qGY

last years eRikm was great

erikm.bandcamp.com/album/doubse-hysterie-2016

-Cage's music is old as shit
-That Ground Zero is typical turntable music which Cage did ages ago
-Good Morning Good Night is onkyo, which has been a thing for at least a decade since GMGN came out; not to mention its all EAI which is decades older than that
-Drumm hasn't made anything original in his career

Fucking garbage ass post throughout. The only groundbreaking record on here is Magenta Circuit which just might be GOAT tier but still.

STFU Hampus

>concrete
>turntable
>groundbreaking

Which albums would you put on that chart? I mean, with threads like it would certainly be useful to make an actual, usable chart.

>Murcof
awful, just awful

great argument

like clockwork

Welcome to post-neo-Sup Forums, how about that new Tyler album, fucking GOAT

le 20th century composer face

Name a single ground breaking electronic album that have came out in the last decade.

impossible nothing - phonemenomicon

>"ground breaking electronic music comes out every week"
>posts tired avant-teen canon

Hey Montie!

Eccojams (vaporwave originator, among the first records I can think of that actually plays with individual samples like they are instruments themselves)

From Darkness Light (first record out by the current most advanced music AI Emily Howell)

Ben Frost (not sure whether to put Theory Of Machines or By The Throat from him, but is among the first I can think that made such cinematic ambient music with a post-industrial aesthetic that gets copped by guys like Haxan Cloak, Roly Porter, and Blanck Mass among others)

Wagner Dream (not an album, but an opera that has a more conventional ensemble that gets heavily manipulated en masse as a symbol of Wagner's end of life weirdness with his dissatisfaction, distortion of Buddhist philosophy, etc.)

>among the first records I can think of that actually plays with individual samples like they are instruments themselves
That was the whole point of Luigi Russolo's Art of Noises manifesto which influenced artists like Cage, Stockhausen and Schaeffer.

>Art of Noises
No, not like that, dummy! As in like, you press buttons to PLAY them like instruments. What Russolo did is closer to conventional sampling where the sample's recording is played.

>you press buttons to PLAY them like instruments
So like 90s rave or something?

So you records the samples and then press play to include them in the song.

Yeah, its called plunderphonics.

NO! Like how you play instruments instead of just press play stuff which is what all other sampling is.

>cinematic ambient music with a post-industrial aesthetic

So like 90s rave then.

That record came out in 2012 though. As far as I am understanding, even the tracks are based on earlier tracks yes, but those were all breakbeat tracks though.
An example please? Genuinely curious as to how you are implying this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mx3LccRvidg

>among the first records I can think of that actually plays with individual samples like they are instruments themselves
youtube.com/watch?v=MYr6I20UM-A

Oh, that's just pitching shifting like very tiny bits of a sample. Anything closer to Eccojams where there's extended sampling?

This also doesn't do like extended sample work, and doesn't end up being any different from sample splicers of that time.

>Anything closer to Eccojams where there's extended sampling?
The entire genres of jungle and breakbeat hardcore which are based upon sampling drumwork, rearranging samples of drumwork, and rearranging rearranged samples of drumwork?

>Sup Forums has shit taste and never talks about anything except what the critics fawn over
>usually it's boring accessible shit like flavor of the month hip hop shit that critics only like because the person who made it is black
Gee i could've never guessed after Sup Forums exhausted it's 5 millionth kendrick lamar thread. I can't wait for hiphopfags to finally start getting kicked off of Sup Forums and contained to their own general like metalfags were.

arca - mutant
death grips - government plates
kanye west - yeezus

See that's the closest thing I had in mind, but those are more straightforward manipulations on sampling, though, no? Take a measure of just drumwork not even the whole thing, half speed it if break beat, double speed it if drum n bass, then copy paste that result which then gets built up upon. It's individual part based compared to Eccojams and doesn't manipulate samples in a progression way like Eccojams either.

These mental gymnastics are getting tiresome.

All I know and care is that slowing down and looping a short segment of music seems like a de-evolution of sampling compared to taking multiple samples and modifying them and building a single piece with said samples. And all this is taking only popular music into account, avant-garde composers have been doing these tricks as early as the 1940s.

I'm glad that vaporwave is making more people interested in these things, but for actual innovation and originality vaporwave falls very flat. Bearing this shit in mind and you realize that vaporwave is just the progressive trance of experimental music.

>Eccojams (vaporwave originator, among the first records I can think of that actually plays with individual samples like they are instruments themselves)
lol. how does eccojams does sampling any different? how does it uses it as "an instrument"?
it's just chopped up samples being played in different orders with the occasional pitch-shift. This shit was already done all the time back in the early-mid 90s, there's nothing new there

>first records I can think of that actually plays with individual samples like they are instruments themselves
Unreal how retarded some people are. He doesn't even do that and that has been done since the beginning of recorded music you fucking mongoloid retard

See, I don't think you have actually really given the record a listen if you really think the album is straightforward loops, because it's not.

And no, none of those turntable/tape fuckery shenanigans of the 40s is anything like this. This one's kinda dumb because it's like saying Mozart did nothing new because there were piano composers already before him.
I am starting to think that was the wrong way to describe it, but its sampling style is definitely different. If you think it sounds anything like DJ Screw style chopped n screwed, you have either never listened to Eccojams nor DJ Screw. Eccojams is something in between your DJ Screw example and all the other ones these people have brought up in their comment chain, but not just either one or the other.

Yet if you're so smart, you would be able to give concrete examples instead of attacking me. Turns out you're the biggest fucking retard here, though with the most insubstantial post of the day.

>And no, none of those turntable/tape fuckery shenanigans of the 40s is anything like this
>If you think it sounds anything like DJ Screw style chopped n screwed, you have either never listened to Eccojams nor DJ Screw
welp this debate is over

Kys you fucking reddit subhuman, you dont even know music concrete you're actually a 9gageger. Its subhumans like you who ruin this board

dude, it's literally the very same thing Screw did in some of his mixes. If you don't believe me, open a DAW and try to replicate any of the eccojams. it's always a section of a song chopped into 2/3 individual parts and played with, occasionally faster, occasionaly pitch-shifted, always within layers of reverb/delay. Screw did literally the same thing down to the dsp used, the difference is he did this with turntables and several copies of the same vinyl record

It is. Nobody's been able to find anything like Eccojams despite continuing to say there is.
>bring up old ass musique concrete to look smart
Lmao, what a fucking joke.

Vaporwave is just a natural continuation of white people taking carefree happy black music and turning into pseudo-intellgient memexperimental shlock.

>old ass musique concrete to look smart
>Lmao, what a fucking joke.
What does that even mean you fucking retarded. Why do you speak like a nigger, or you're one? You probably don't know about sound collage too, get out now

no, since vaporwave is regressive: they took something complex and good and made it simpler and memey
white people improved upon blues and rock, this is undeniable

Not at all, Screw didn't do loops based work. Screw would often have the majority of the track, and then essentially create remixes out of those rather than something very completely different.

>keeps name dropping shit just to look cool
Autist detected.

Nah, Screw stuck to just hip hop stuff for the most of it, and was mainly just remixing full tracks. 99% of vaporwave is shite, but what something like Eccojams did is a million times more creative.

>You probably don't know about sound collage
holy shit go get laid man

>I'm a retard and don't understand something
Yep you're a complete brainlet mods should make captchas against retards like you

hes criticizing the OP

dat special pleading tho

>Screw didn't do loops based work
its hip hop man

i do agree doe that ecojam pushes chop and screwed a bit further

>thinks the sound collage genre has anything to do with what we are talking about
You are either trolling, or so far behind the game it would do you some good to actually listen to everything from the stuff you namedropped to the stuff being discussed here.
How's it special pleading when none of that stuff sounds like Eccojams? Like, yeah I already admitted my descriptions are flawed, but this shouldn't be a problem provided that everyone here has actually listened to the album. I mean, why else would they argue about something they have absolutely no idea?
>it's hip hop man
Yeah, but Screw didn't mess around with loops, the tracks he mixes around with did for sure with their drums and something other aspects of production, but it's not an inherent aspect of Screw's music at all.

Are you trying to imply anyone would go with a retard like you?

loops are an inherent aspect of hip hop

You are either trolling or retarded if you think there's a looped aspect to what Screw does at all akin to Eccojams' loops that sort stop being loopy then become loops again. Screw doesn't take samples of just a handful of measures of a song then just works with them (thus looping). He has full songs that get remixed.

>or so far behind the game it would do you some good to actually listen to everything from the stuff you namedropped to the stuff being discussed here.
>namedropping

I wish I could kill you through the screen. You're a complete subhuman who doesn't even heard the genre and talks like he knows it well.

>loops that sort stop being loopy then become loops again
quality music analysis

so that's the great difference? no loops involved (which is not entirely true by the way)? lmao
truly groundbreaking shit

>i do agree doe that ecojam pushes chop and screwed a bit further
>but what something like Eccojams did is a million times more creative.
how so? screw's work precedes eccojams by two decades and employs way more variety and technical bravado than eccojams.

He thinks eccojam is not plunderphonics, he is a complete retard just stop responding to him

Listen to the two parts of 3 in da morning

Dummies in this bitch

eccojams does it better

>an album made decades later during the internet age is better
W O W

Lmao. I don't wish to kill you because I know you'll suffer more alive.
This isn't a musicology journal. It's an anime forum.
> #
>so that's the great difference? no loops involved (which is not entirely true by the way)? lmao
>how so? screw's work precedes eccojams by two decades and employs way more variety and technical bravado than eccojams.
As I said, Screw was more of a remix artist than anything. Most of the technicality on the music he worked with is based on the music that was already there for him to work with. There's nothing he does that's on the level of Eccojams' ability to create entire new songs out of two measure samples.

I never said that it's not? Stop putting words in my mouth you fucktard.
He's either sampling stuff I don't know on them, or he's using original sounds then manipulating those. Nothing like Eccojams where he takes a few measures of samples then just works with those.

for you

>Screw was more of a remix artist than anything
what the FUCK do you think eccojams are?

>Most of the technicality on the music he worked with is based on the music that was already there for him to work with
plain wrong. his remixing work brings something completely alien to the original tracks. listen to any of the houston hip-hop acts he uses in his remixes, they are nothing alike

>There's nothing he does that's on the level of Eccojams' ability to create entire new songs out of two measure samples.
t. knows absolutely nothing about either vaporwave production or turntablism
technically speaking, what Screw did is several degrees of difficulty above looping songs with a sampler
why do you think literally any retard out there is able to come up with a vaporwave record? it's very simple to execute

>I never said that it's not? Stop putting words in my mouth you fucktard.
Then why are you saying that nobody has done that before him, really makes you think how much of brainlet you're. Its exactly the same things but how would a nigger know

elseq was groundbreaking, but nobody talks about it.

Why? What about it had nobody else or themselves done before?

>what the FUCK do you think eccojams are?
How many times do I have to repeat that it takes a few measures in a sample and uses that to make entirely new tracks? The fuck is wrong with you, dumbfuck?
>plain wrong. his remixing work brings something completely alien to the original tracks. listen to any of the houston hip-hop acts he uses in his remixes, they are nothing alike
I never said they don't change, but they are still those songs. Listen to Short Texas by UGK and it's All Screwed Up Remix for example.
>t. knows absolutely nothing about either vaporwave production or turntablism
technically speaking, what Screw did is several degrees of difficulty above looping songs with a sampler
No, Screw's job is easy as shit comparatively since he often had full songs to work with. It's easy to work with that much material; it takes skill to use a couple measures and make them interesting for an entire track. Don't confuse Lopatin's minimal style for easy mode.
>why do you think literally any retard out there is able to come up with a vaporwave record? it's very simple to execute
Not only have I mentioned that I don't like the overwhelming majority of vapor wave (which is because it doesn't sample like Eccojams does), but this is the dumbest argument in the world considering Screw churned out hundreds of records in a short period of time, making his stuff be infinitely easier by this flawed logic you're putting out.
Because this is not at all what sound collage artists do? Negativland for example would use a lot of samples and have them set in a straightforward way without any significant chops or anything. It's totally different from what we are talking about. Oswald's Plunderphonics also had a similar approach as well. Neither do Eccojams "each song has one two measure sample that it uses throughout to create a new song". Which is why I said, LISTEN to the music we are discussing, and the music you keep name dropping.

>Because this is not at all what sound collage artists do? Negativland for example would use a lot of samples and have them set in a straightforward way without any significant chops or anything. It's totally different from what we are talking about. Oswald's Plunderphonics also had a similar approach as well. Neither do Eccojams "each song has one two measure sample that it uses throughout to create a new song". Which is why I said, LISTEN to the music we are discussing, and the music you keep name dropping.
>he thinks those are representives and even generalizes such wide genres
>he didn't know about them 10 minutes ago but now is expert on them when googled one artists who was commented by someone else
Holy shit this has to be an AI, I'm leaving this thread because its starting to get scary

wtf is going on itt

>How many times do I have to repeat that it takes a few measures in a sample and uses that to make entirely new tracks?
How's that not a remix?

>I never said they don't change, but they are still those songs.
They aren't, they are remixes that sound nothing like the originals.

>No, Screw's job is easy as shit comparatively since he often had full songs to work with
>It's easy to work with that much material
[citation needed]

>but this is the dumbest argument in the world considering Screw churned out hundreds of records in a short period of time, making his stuff be infinitely easier by this flawed logic you're putting out.
Oh, so 1 (ONE) prolific artist releasing several works in the style he invented and mastered is the same as thousands of pre-teen memers all over being able to come up with vaporwave records? You really are a very bright young man.

And no, the original Eccojams aren't particularly creative or challenging comparing to the guys in vaporwave that actually put ANY kind of effort in their work. It's very, very simple to do. I dare you to do anything even near what Screw was able to do with turntables. I bet you've never even touched one, that's the only way you could even make such claims

>getting btfo this hard
>how's that not a remix?
Is Kanye's POWER a remix of 21st Century Schizoid Man because it uses that sample? Like dude, you wouldn't be arguing this if you have actually listened to Eccojams, stop wasting my time. Using a sample to create very different music isn't remixing at all.
>They aren't, they are remixes that sound nothing like the originals.
Are you kidding me? The track I cited you can hear every single aspect of the original song down to the strings that come in at the chorus.
>[citation needed]
Much easier to put different finishing touches on a completed object than it is to use a small part of one project to create an entirely new project.
>Oh, so 1 (ONE) prolific artist releasing several works in the style he invented and mastered is the same as thousands of pre-teen memers all over being able to come up with vaporwave records? You really are a very bright young man
Your idea is that vaporwave is easy to make cuz so many people make it, right? But if you have 100,000 people all release one album in the span one person released 200 albums, the latter obviously takes much less time to make and is much easier based on the premise about the numbers laid out by you. I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

I offered a variety of electronic works that I would think were original that have been out since 2010, and a bunch of autists that have never listened to it took offense to the vaporwave.

>f you have 100,000 people all release one album in the span one person released 200 albums
Holy shit this has got to be a troll post

Your post is so retarded it makes me ashamed I even tried to engage you

Well he just repeats the same slowed-down samples with loads of effects, and when I play an instrument I usually don't just go Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Doiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

He is being rather facetious, my friend. Don't fall for his devilish ruse!

It's true though. If you are gonna make a numbers based argument in terms of how easy it something is to make, then someone like Screw will always be on the losing side because of the sheer number of things he released in such a short amount of time implying that those were much easier to make. I myself don't think it's a good argument at all, which is what I have been trying to point out to you. But you're too fucking dense to realize that.
Track 2 on Eccojams, the track uses a Fleetwood Mac four measure sample that isn't played straightforward with effects until the equivalent of a "chorus". The rest sounds like a completely different thing made using that same sample.

there we go