Arcabe Fire Eberythine Nao

A few good singles, and the rest is absolute filler. Nice! I'm only half way through, to be fair, and the singles are quite good. What do you guys think of this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=44EyOkYH1Dc
youtube.com/watch?v=AfsGCG17tqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arcade Fire peaked at Neon Bible then they crashed harder than a stolen plane.

Arcade Fire was never good

lol no Neon Bible is just and uninspired attempt to replicate Funeral.

Funeral and Reflektor are their only consistently good albums.

I hated the singles but the title track and Creature Comfort grew on me a little in the context of the album. I still don't like them, though. Everything else varies from interesting ideas and sounds translated nto mediocre songs to just garbage.

Fuck off, Suburbs was their shitty attempt to replicate Funeral, while Neon Bible was a pretty diverse yet solid album.

to me there's a huge contrast between the singles and the filler. it's incredible. is someone ghostwriting for them?

normans, all of arcade's fire's discography is them trying to replicate funeral

Arcade Fire has never been good

Imo Neon Bible feels more dark (compared to their other easy-listening indie rock albums) and less focused on muh nostalgia anthems.

it's just like "oh things are not the same as muh nostalgia" dark album

they have good singles you grinch

but yeah this album is complete shit. I don't understand why the singles could be good and the album could be dog poop.

and that's what nostalgia is, sadness that things are not the same as they were

AND THEN THE ALBUM END SUDDENLY BECAUSE THAT IS LIKE DEATH

I mostly agree. I liked Everything Now and Electric Blue but rest of the album was really dull. It's a shame really, I used to like this band a lot but since Reflektor they've been mailing it in.

>the singles are quite good
What's up with this meme? Every single single (hehe), except for the title track, is varying degrees of awful.

>implying The Suburbs isn't a great album

Ready to Start is literally the only good song on that borefest.
Also, you can't consider that album great if it has awful-tier songs like Rococo.

the title track is fucking horrible, I don't understand the praise for it

The singles are not good, and this is coming from an Arcade Fire fan. The title track is a mediocre, phoned-in version of their classic nostalgia anthem sound. Creature Comfort and Signs of Life are totally embarrassing. Electric Blue is gibberish and sounds like a Feist song from the mid-2000s.

The only good tracks are Put Your Money On Me and We Don't Deserve Love.

>What do you guys think of this one?

D-

To preface, Arcade Fire is a blue chip rock band. One of the best of the era, one of the best live acts I can recall in recent memory also. I think their first 3 LP's are fantastic records. I didn't like Reflektor, but I could see it's merits, it still had some exceptional individual songs.

I have no problem with the concept of Everything Now, it's a great idea. It's execution is just so weak. The songwriting is just so poor, the lyrics have degraded even further to mind-numbing background noise, the overcooked call and response choruses are just boring me to tears at this point.

They took all the worst parts of Reflektor (the spine of the album, You Already Know, Joan of Arc, Normal Person etc. call and response + repeated choruses) and took them to their illogical conclusions. Who asked for this? Why did Arcade Fire want more of this? It makes no sense to me. I can't even hate on this because it's so bland at times.

I like the title track, Put Your Money On Me is a fantastic warped ABBA song. Everything else is just so forgettable. It's a shame. Wasted time and talent. Most of the band is in their late 30's now. How many LP's do they have left?

desu

Exactly this a thousand times. Sounds like German Schlager music. Trashy synth-line. Bad chorus. Wtf-singalong part.
Creature comfort is good. Put your money is kinda ok. We don't deserve love is good.
But chemistry? Signs of life? Infinite content? Good god damn? 3/10 at best.

>Singles get BNM, album gets panned

I really, really like this Pitchfork meme

thats just like your opinion man

you've got it backwards man. the singles are good and every other song on the album is shit.

sorry I didn't realize you were listening to new arcade fire for the immense depth
memers

Singles:
Everything Now > > > > > Creature Comfort > > Signs of Life > > > > Electric Blue

It's the only song on which the entire band delivers a passionate performance. Also, the lyrics aren't quite as cringy as on most of the other songs on the album.
I will admit that the best part of the song is the opening piano riff, but it's still miles ahead of the other singles (and songs on the album) in terms of quality, which speaks volumes about the albums overall quality.

>Elder God tier
Put Your Money On Me

>Great tier
We Don't Deserve Love
Peter Pan
Everything Now
Good God Damn
Creature Comfort

>Decent Tier
Electric Blue
Signs of Life

>Shit tier
Everything(_)Now (Continued)
Infinite (_)Content
Chemistry

I agree with this, except electric blue is great

2 Completely different bands.

Classic Arcade Fire:
youtube.com/watch?v=44EyOkYH1Dc
Neo Arcade Fire:
youtube.com/watch?v=AfsGCG17tqI

>Elder God Tier

>Great Tier

>Decent Tier
Everything Now
Signs of Life
Creature Comfort
Put Your Money On Me
We Don't Deserve Love

>Shit Tier
Everything else

>Elder God Tier

>Great Tier

>Decent Tier

>Shit Tier
Everything (Now)

Only liked Creature Comforts and Put Your Money On Me. I really want to know what happened in the studio because it seems like they were putting together something worthwhile and then gave up. Maybe there was a disagreement between bands members or between the bands members and the engineers or they ran out of time/money like with the Life of Pablo but that seems unlikely. I feel like this album must have an interesting story behind the scenes

What the hell happened

Yeah for me Creature Comfort is the best track, I don't understand why people don't like it. Put Your Money on Me and Electric Blue are the best tracks after that. Definitely a lot of filler but I'd give it at least a 6.5

why does every riff in this album sounds so boring and lifeless

So did I like it?

There are like two good songs on this album, the rest are bullshit. And by bullshit, I mean this album probably killed indie rock or at the very least, beat its bloated corpse