How do I get into jazz?

How do I get into jazz?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=jazz&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=q9hOSZGMXlI
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_koCBwIvKY
youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU
youtube.com/watch?v=CWeXOm49kE0
youtube.com/watch?v=cb2w2m1JmCY
youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kind Of Blue
A Love Supreme
The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady
Listen to those

in that order

you dont
if you didnt grow up listening to jazz dont even bother

b-but I didn't do that and I listen to jazz

sure you do user

charlie parker
bitches brew
kenny g

THAT ORDER

Sorry boys, but I'm going to need an I infographic to tell me what to do.

go to clubs where they still play jazz

listen to jazz radio

if you rely on Sup Forums to do the work for you, you will never really explore outside of ALS, KOB, and TBSATSL (although those are very good, none of them are the best by the respective artist)

I started with fusion like 70s Zappa, The Brecker Brothers, George Duke, Jan Hammer, The Crusaders, Billy Cobham, 70s Miles Davis, eventually I acclimated to the fact that the music doesn't repeat and there's no hooks and then I could listen to whatever.

actually fucking enjoying it and not pretending to you closet homofaggot

also
>bitches brew

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=jazz&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
Here ya go now stop whining

This helped me out a lot when I was first getting into jazz.

Highly seconding going to jazz lounges if there's any near you. Universities that have a jazz studies program will usually put on jazz concerts which isn't half-bad really and is definitely worth checking out.
All in all, everyone tends to have a different taste as to what type of jazz they like and what doesn't click for you might click for someone else. It's one of the best genres to really explore and enjoy.

If you don't like it, don't listen to it, you absolute faggot. If you want to impress aging white liberals or whatever, just say you listen to jazz on NPR, then you don't have to have any knowledge of the genre.

Go to a Jazz bar and see it live. If you don't play an instrument learn and sit in. I couldn't dig jazz until I'd been playing it a while.

Bad Plus does rock and pop covers. You'll probably recognize some songs, but here them in a new style to get used to them. Give and Prog are great albums. Iron man, tom sawyer, and everybody wants to rule the world are some recognizable ones. I don't like tears for fears but this cover
youtube.com/watch?v=q9hOSZGMXlI

I met this man shredding on a street corner in Italy. He's a wizard. An Autumn leaves cover and Variazioni Russae are also great tunes.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_koCBwIvKY

Standards are a good place to start as well most are pretty catchy

youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU
youtube.com/watch?v=CWeXOm49kE0
youtube.com/watch?v=cb2w2m1JmCY
youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs

go to jazz bars, /moo/ only knows about memejazz and fusion shit

>go to jazz clubs
Did this meme just pop up today or what? It's not the 30's, jazz clubs have long stopped being a thing.

Start with the greeks

does ed edd and eddy count?

Start with this. I'm getting into jazz too and so this is my fav so far.

Are you kidding? There are absolutely underground jazz clubs. At least one in any respectable city.

Unless you live in the country in which case you're never really gonna get cultured lmao.

I work as a roadie for a Jazz musician and sit in all the time. Totally a thing

>No Giant Steps

yes