Has an indie darling ever fallen from grace so abruptly?

Has an indie darling ever fallen from grace so abruptly?

i'm really surprised it took arcade fire fans this long to realize they're bad

Wait people don't like the new album? I think its great...

>abruptly
It started with Reflektor

it is

Arcade Fire has never been good. Funeral is trash and highly overrated. Gave it one listen and couldnt even get through it

oh fuck off with your contrarian bullshit

there's no way anyone can listen to the middle section of that album and think it's great

t. youngfag

you don't know how huge 'funeral' was back in the day. arcade fire are sell out hacks these days but that will always be a great album.

If you're not baiting and are truly the kind of person who doesn't like Funeral, you should hear Everything Now, it might be more your speed.

I love their first 3 albums but that might be due to nostalgia. Not sure if I would find them any good if listening for the first time today. Reflektor has some good songs but they definitely lost their magic after Suburbs.

They're not indie anymore. The album of the year win ruined them, it got them a major label deal and the hype went to their head. Now they're just making shitty arena anthems for the sake of their big budget tours and shitty marketing gimmicks.

this is fag shit.

>this person disagrees so he must be a contrarian

fucking kill yourself you faggot. this isn't your personal circlejerk.

I agree that Peter Pan and Chemistry are pretty forgettable songs, especially in Arcade Fire's excellent catalog, but the rest of the album is pretty damn good imo

>The album of the year win ruined them, it got them a major label deal and the hype went to their head.

Exactly.
I've been saying this ever since the roll-out to Reflektor, but at least that album, although with a radically different approach from the first 3, had redeeming qualities and musical chops.

EN honestly sounds amateurish. Like they're completely overconfident in their abilities and way overestimating their appeal to normies. Their songs don't even progress or grow towards anything anymore, they're just boring 5-minute grooves with no urgency or heart.

the worthy material out of there are the ABBA style songs.If they wanted to go pop,at least go for it completely,not this.

An EP of 4 dance songs and get out of here.

It's honestly crazy. I kinda it felt it happen on reflektor with some songs but my god I listened to chemistry and idk if it's a joke or not.

I've thought this too. What's your EP? Mine would be:

Everything Now
Creature Comfort
Peter Pan (it's weird af, but at least it sounds like they're trying to do something)
Electric Blue (reorked not to be so high-pitched)
We Don't Deserve Love

replace Peter Pan with Put Your Money on Me and that would be it.It's the one I would put on repeat.

It's not that the album is bad, it's that it's not arcade fire enough.

It has no character, it just feels flat and lifeless.

I love Arcade Fire but their new album is alright. Though I hated Reflktor at lunch but I've came to love it

this