What went wrong?

what went wrong?

I actually thought Reflektor was fucking garbage as well. This album must really suck considering jormies hate it.

They tried to do a watered down Reflektor in order to get more radio play, and it failed miserably.

IDK. I love side a and electric blue

fuck drumpf and fuck white people - the album

Can anyone remind me of any recent artists who has such a significant drop in quality between two albums?

I can't believe they wanted the radio play with this desu. It doesn't sound very much like Despacito or whatever is popular right now.

uh, where are you getting those impressions from?

>let's make Reflektor but even worse

>It doesn't sound very much like Despacito or whatever is popular right now.

Not that type of radio play. I'm talking like Adult Contemporary or Modern Rock stations.

>in order to get more radio play
>it failed miserably
I literally hear this song 5 times a day on CFNY Toronto. If that's their strategy, it worked.

What I meant by failed miserably is as an album, it sucks. In terms of radio play, I'm sure all of their singles are successful through there, it's just most of them, with the exception of the title track, are not very good.

Listening to this is pretty much the equivalent of Eminem's Recovery. As an album, it fails miserably because it's not a good album, but in terms of radio play, it's successful.

The opening 50 seconds seemed pretty promising and then it went downhill FAST... too many laughably bad moments. I feel bad for them, idk what mindset they've had since Reflektor

The fuck is a jormie

nothing, Arcade Fire just released another album, I don't know why everyone hates this album when theyve always been shit

their first two albums were good.

this album isnt that bad. chemistry is pretty weak but the rest is either good or meh. I dont understand the universal panning. Be nice to Win Butler

Come on guys. It's not that bad.

Alright, the political commentary is a bit on the nose but the beats are catch- *same beat loops for 5 mins in every song*

>Can anyone remind me of any recent artists who has such a significant drop in quality between two albums?
Animal Collective from Merriweather to Centipede Hz. That one was even worse than this.

Tracks 6-10

>what went wrong?
They stopped changing and it seems like they're going to be stuck on this disco thing for a while.

I think this is the first time Arcade Fire decided to just phone it in by lazily rehashing the previous record, yeah?

they tried to redo reflektor but didn't have the great james murphy to direct them on how to make non-repetitive electronic songs

nah, it's more like
>damn kids 'n' yer sell phones...
the album

ft. half of Daft Punk

Merriweather to centipede hz was more neon bible to the suburbs. Centipede hz to painting with would be a better comparison

Their first three records were amazing. The s/t EP was even good. Honestly they could have stopped at Reflektor and I still would have regarded them as my favorite band due to the fact that their worst record would still be pretty enjoyable.

But this...this is basically Reflektor but shittier. This is their 'The Burning World.' Definitely a low point.

you see, it's catchy because it's hard not to catch the same noise after listening to it for so long

>KIDS ARE STANDIN WITH THEIR ARMS FOLDED TIGHT

They've been obnoxious since The Suburbs. Then they tried to hop on this 80s fad. I don't know, man. What the fuck happened?

I think that they went way too far with their poorly-thought-out concept of making an album for and about consumerism/digital life/"infinite content", deliberately superficial and brainless. Like the mistakes on here are so bad and so glaring I can't believe they wouldn't have realized everyone would hate it. But even if it is some kind of ironic satire, it's still awful musically and making your fans wait 4 years for an ironically unlistenable album is a huge dick move.

they're so up their own asses and removed from reality that they thought if they made an album with all of the pretentious fuckery people tolerated on their past albums and stopped doing everything that made them likeable, people would still eat it up for the "genius concept"

i'm pretty impressed, they managed to make me hate their older stuff retroactively from how bad this is and realizing the pretension on this album was always there

They've always been shit, such a pretentious band lacking substance

>make heart felt music about things you care for
>make it very sincere
>THEY'RE FAR UP THEIR OWN ASS
>THEY'RE PRETENTIOUS

cringe

Yeah, I kind of don't buy that it's not essentially "shitty on purpose" they're too good of musicians for them to not have realized

I've ended up despising early Weezer after all the shit they've made for the last 10-15 years for the same reason

You're insane. The Suburbs is AF's best album and CHZ is a complete turd.

fuck you hz was an LSD masterpiece

That's Feels. CHZ is an album for being stuck in a k-hole in a Taco Bell parking lot.

Really? One bad album is going to make you hate everything they did before?

Jesus, it's like you guys are finding any excuse to hate this band.

Public opinion, desu

Record is great