Post what you are currently reading. people guess your taste in music

post what you are currently reading. people guess your taste in music

the velvet underground

likes rock

Well when I read that I was listening to Fusion Period Miles Davis and Third by Soft Machine, so maybe something like that

I am reading How to Read Literature Like a Professor, it's very interesting and is teaching a more intricate way of looking at literature

The Stranger by Camus

I used to read so much. now I work all day.

Beatnik music, heroin-core jazz, Dylan, proto-punk.

Industrial Society and its Future

Radiohead on repeat

Probably tasteless poseur trash

Trout Mask Replica

damn man what's your problem

Ya like Nirvana or some really dark post-rock
Reading pic rel

indie folk, something fairly twee

Whatever intelligent people listen to

I've given up on reading. I was trying really hard to get into it for a while, I own most the books in this thread but I'm so slow and never finish anything I read, I only get halfway through and get bored and stop.

you should try finding things that actually interest you instead of going by lists made by pretentious fedora tipping teenagers

at least try to keep it in your life, literature is so enriching
start reading small amounts daily and it'll get easier to maintain that focus

love all the Pynchon in this thread

this guy is actually right

i used to love reading as a child, but as i grew older i tried to read more "adult" books and found myself very bored. now i don't care about what people think of me and read books my 10 year old self would love. i enjoy reading again.

i got back into reading by picking up a book as I'm going to sleep.

Sometimes takes a while, but i've been finishing books regularly now.

pynchon is pretty formative for me, ended up getting the post horn from tcol49 on my arm
makes sense that pretentious fucks on Sup Forums would enjoy him

so shoegaze?

It's not Wagner

or Hot Water Music for that matter

I'm reading The Godfather

Re-reading the Harry Potter series for old time's sake. I'm a nostalgic fellow and I spent many a day at age 10 voraciously reading the first 3 books. Other than that, The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli.

Tyranus Ruber- In The Halls of The Scarlet Czar

literally Faust

This applies to every single post ITT

Most emberassing thread on mu right now

This should be easy!

The Black Rider
The Doctor is on the Market

S.W.A.T.
NON
Anton LaVey
Radio Werewolf
...or maybe you despise Radio Werewolf, I don't know.

>Tyranus Ruber
wtf is this?

In a nostalgic mood so I'm loving this, but it's a slow read. Currently a third of the way through.

Good read here.

literally King Crimson in latin

pleb

>S.W.A.T.
actually never gave much of a listen these. am a big paul simon fan.

I'm reading three things right now:

Singing for Dummies (I know the for dummies series is pleb but I can't find anything with as good ratings on average)
The Musician's Way
Geoff Johns' Green Lantern Run

I'm reading trainspotting

This thread is dumb

Some Jazz like Mingus or some weird krautrock like Can or Neu!. Or classical actually

Books 6-10, he wrote 150 but I think only 70ish still survived

I can think of at least two things wrong with that title. Also you probably like Soft Machine.

The Cure — Killing An Arab

Pitchfork indie

The soundtrack to the Trainspotting motion picture (which you watched before reading the book)

>Pitchfork indie
Nope. Kinda curious as to how you'd even get that from those books/comics. Vaporwave for you.

Mingus self biography

shit mate, you got me. I liked film more than the book desu

Post-rock

I'm guessing you play guitar or piano, which means you probably like rock music. You're on Sup Forums so you're probably in the age demographic to read pitchfork, and you read normie capeshit, so you probably have a taste for fairly mellow, predictable music (like indie rock).

Well, frankly you're pretty wrong on all accounts besides guitar and the age demographic. Don't read pitchfork and I'm a folk-country guy.

>folk-country
>not fairly mellow, predictable music
ok so I basically read you like a book

Im reading The Soft Machine and its really gay. Am I missing something? Is Naked Lunch as gay as this?

Im reading pic related AND The First book in the Game of Thrones series

metal
indie rock
abstract electronic
anime soundtracks
you're an impressionist man. debussy, ravel, vinteuil, the list could go on and on...

manchild spotted