Tfw have visual synesthesia

>tfw have visual synesthesia
>can literally close my eyes and see the color of the song in the back of my eye lid
>not a famous musician

music for this feel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TWvG-QZNsJk
youtube.com/watch?v=whqebes2EFo
youtube.com/watch?v=TV6LPx1ezYs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7lyfYzIw8
youtube.com/watch?v=4tZamFKyPwM
youtube.com/watch?v=J50nHQPcBls
youtube.com/watch?v=kbxtYqA6ypM
youtube.com/watch?v=8IDlU5NWj80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what color is this song

youtu.be/TWvG-QZNsJk

blue

If I linked my soundcloud would you tell me the color?

go ahead

I sort of had this as a kid but somehow lost it. I'm still seeing pretty vivid things in my mind on some music but not specifically colours anymore.

Any mauve or Parisian blue songs for this feel?

ive always wondered about this shit, is it more of a hue or a gas, or are the visuals only closed eye

Avey Tare has synesthesia and he's amazing

blue is a rare color but some of coldplays music is very light blue. this song for example

youtube.com/watch?v=whqebes2EFo

i close my eyes and put my hands over to block out any light and then i can see a faint coloring. but some songs just have alot more intense coloring and you can instantly see them.

the thing is even if i dont do this i still just know what color a song is if im familiar with it. i just subconciously know because when i picture it i picture its color

i think alot more people have it then you would think. because when i was at music school i noticed teachers and others talking about music in color

than*

Have you listened to this? Aphex Twin claims to have synesthesia.

fuck yeah thats heaps interesting

Idk. Sometimes I think I have it a bit, but I've noticed my opinion of the music's "color" is often based on the album cover or the album cover of similar albums.

Isn't that normal?

im listenting to it now. alot of purple but alot of pads sound purple to me

some instruments are constantly one color for me. like for example all the synths in logic pro are green and purple. the b3 organ is always green no matter what. you can play any chord and it will always sound green

but then with like a guitar it really depends alot on the chords you are playing. you can get blues, greens, yellows, browns, reds and purples all out of a guitar depending on what you play then take those same chords and put them in in the b3 organ and its just pure green. theres nothing you can do to change that green color

certain instruments have a predisposition to certain colors

try making your own music i find its alot stronger when i can hear actual acoustic music without all the eq and compression

>his synesthesia doesn't turn every single note / sound within the music into its own unique but consistent shape / color

fuck off back to tumblr poseur trash. if you had real synesthesia you'd get really annoyed by it.

I just listened to have you ever been to electric ladyland and closed my eyes, I saw it switch between white blues greenish, am I right or just imagining this?

the color is different for every person supposably, but i get browns and yellows. most blues is brown

What's the extent of this? Do random individual noises make color for you? Or only music and songs? Or is it only when you focus on the sound? Are Individual instruments in a song different colors from the song as a whole? I have so many questions

I feel like this would be interesting on a daily basis.

I've experienced things similar to how synesthesia is described when tripping on acid before.

It's quite nice desu.

when I was a kid and when I'm stoned I can see cartoonish pictures that morph into other pictures when closing my eyes and focusing, can anybody relate?

its complicated. because if theres to many colors in a song it can just sound like a mash and its hard to detect, but if i break a song like that up into individual parts i can hear the colors, but it also depends on the instrument as certain instruments are predisposed to certain colors and even if you play the exact same chord its just a different color plus alot of songs are so heavily equalized it can really strip the color. its alot easier to hear the color out of an acoustic instrument. but definitely individual sounds can be certain colors and you can mash multiple colors together into a song

What color is Daniel Johnston's music usually?

its not really particularly vivid in all honesty. its such a faint coloring and infact i only recently realised i could even see the color

before that i thought it was completely subconscious and a minds eye thing the only reason i noticed i had it was because when i would think about a song i was making or wanting to listening to i would think about it in its color. then later on i realised the reason this was happening was because of the colors that were there when i closed my eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=TV6LPx1ezYs
this song is blue

youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7lyfYzIw8
this song is brown

but the way its recorded is naturally cutting off alot of the high frequencies, so very faint coloring

What if I have this not just for music, but a large portion of the time?
And I've tested if its just me staring into a light for too long. Rooms with varying degrees of light and test like that Yielding no real change. I've also asked those around me if they had this and It whatever it is, it is unique to me and the rest of us.

I close my eyes and different colors start to take shape, and then the different shapes either expand/condense into smaller shapes or morph into actual images (usually geometric patterns).

I wasnt aware it was an actual phenomenon. Are there interpretations for the things I see. What implications comes from me having this?

i have colors there all the time too. but they change when i listen to music. try listening to some music with very clear instrumentation and see if the colors change. put your hands over your eyes to block out all the light

It's just your brain trying to compensate with no visual stimuli I think

I took lots of psychaedelics and got all sorts of synaesthesia as well.
At first it was overwhelming as I was hearing music coming out of the pictures and that music was also giving me visuals so it was looping inon itself.

I think I should pick up an instrument.

well yeah I mean it works with music, but im saying its not exclusive to music. Also among the shapes and colors, I tend to see rough streaks of white like its lightning strikes or something. sometimes they are black streaks if the colors are moving fast.

Can confirm that playing a wind instrument like the Alto Sax while on psychedelics is a lovely experience. (At least if you know how to play and you've a song in mind)

The wind carrying through your lungs tends to give me that ASMR tingling. When I play I can almost see a colorful stream effect coming out of the bell of the sax. Its lovely

yeah i can see all kinds of shit behind my eye lids. if i push my on my eyes hard enough after about 5 seconds it goes a very bright sand colored and there all these small specs of color in it

ITT: schizophrenia

Nope

Not really. Although I do have severe Attention Deficit Disorder. Its not just a kid thing either. Im 23 and I go from As to straight Ds or Fs w/out the adderall.
Same with my 56 year old mother. W/out ADD meds she would most likely get so far behind in work that she gets fired.

I wonder if the ADD has anything to do with this? Maybe the drugs I take for it?

how old are you? it usually kicks in during your early-mid 20s

did you experienced it before taking the meds?
I used to hallucinate back when I took addy

I've always experienced it. and im medically prescribed the adderall so I dont abuse. Adderall does different things to you depending on how severely you need it. To me, adderall gets my mind up to a normal person's attentive mind would be.
And when a normal person takes it, they experience an extreme hyperfocus. I'll never know this feeling.

27, it's actually less pronounced than when I was 21-23.

what colour is this:
youtube.com/watch?v=4tZamFKyPwM

I get it for words but not music

I have this as well, although I think the colour we see for the same sound changes from person to person, and I think it comes from the association between a sound and the colour/visual we see when we listen to those sounds.

Also when I hear a sound I "feel" its shape based on how I've associated it to what I've seen producing it (or some other similar sound), like a violin will have a "sharp" shape because of the cutting motion of the bow on a string, or a bassdrum will sound fat and round because of the shape of a bassdrum, so when I hear a new sound that shares some properties with those sounds I've "seen", my brain will make me think of them as having a similar shape. Just like it happens with colour.

starts off purple and turns black and dissonant as it loses structure and goes out of tune

bump

any songs/albums where the color matches the title? or the album cover?

for example"
Ringo Deathstarr - Mauve
youtube.com/watch?v=J50nHQPcBls

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
youtube.com/watch?v=kbxtYqA6ypM

Dinosaur JR - Green Mind
youtube.com/watch?v=8IDlU5NWj80

are the blues usually blue?

what about nick drake's pink moon, or wire's pink flag? shlohmo's dark red? frank ocean's channel orange?

blues are brown and yellows primarily

nick drake is greens yellows some browns

havnt listen to shlohmo

channel orange is very light greens and yellows

baby blue by king krule is a dark blue. alot of king krules music is blue actually. out getting ribs is like the purest blue ever, crystal clear. he mentions blue alot in his songs, he talks about shades of black and blue and it describes it perfectly. some of his songs are yellow and brown though (rock bottom, lizard state etc)

its actually pretty rare to see blue guitar parts. most guitar is either red yellow green brown or purple