Are Dead Kennedys actually any good? I used to like them before I got into punk music and now I'm just not feeling them

Are Dead Kennedys actually any good? I used to like them before I got into punk music and now I'm just not feeling them.

No but thanks for asking.

Yes, they're one of the few punk bands that could actually play their instruments.

If you faggots are actually so contrarian that you pretend to hate the DKs then you truly are lost.

East Bay Ray carries the band IMO.

They're good if you're a normie and the extent of your knowledge of punk is The Ramones and The Misfits. Anyone one who isn't a poser know's they're mediocre.

t. doesn't know what Post-Hardcore is

reddit meme band

They're good, their debut is really overrated tho. Plastic Surgery Disasters and In God We Trust Inc are way better. Call me contrarian but I personally also enjoy Frankenchrist more than the debut.

t. doesn't know that they are seperate genres

the music is more like an atonal spastic Ventures

I love the DK's but I have to agree with this.

The only punk band still worth listening too. Musically and lyrically above and beyond 75% of that shit.

Hopefully Jello and The Reverend Horton Heat make an album. They've been playing together for a couple years now. Jello and the bassist Jimbo both told me they want to do it but I didn't get to talk to The Rev or the drummer.

disgustingly shit taste holy wowzers

The quintessential "punk for people who don't know anything about punk" band.
They're dogshit in every regard.

>Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables [I.R.S., 1980]
>I do want there to be more punk rock--I do, I do. I do want there to be more left-wing new wave--really. By Americans--I swear it. But not by a would-be out-of-work actor with Tiny Tim vibrato who spent the first half of the '70s concocting "rock cabaret." Admittedly, I'm guessing, but I'm also being kind--it sounds like Jello Biafra discovered the Stooges in 1977. C+

They'd be better without Jello, and they wouldn't lose any uniqueness.

Mixed. Great guitar, but I've always found Jello Biafra really annoying despite generally agreeing with his politics. I also think Fresh Fruit is overrated.

IMO the best thing they ever did is the Holiday in Cambodia / Police Truck single, since those may be the two greatest songs they ever wrote. Those two are essential. I'm not sure anything else is.

DK confirmed patrician

>post-hardcore is not a punk subgenre
are you ok, user?

Nomeansno is the best punk band that ever did it end of discussion.

You used to like them yet you can't generate an opinion of them without asking for peer approval.

You're embarrassing.

Pretty much this desu. Ray was one of the most imaginative Punk guitarists.

>Wal Mart T-Shirt core is so punk guies

>doesn't know the history as to how that happened
>this retarded of an opinion
See me after class

6025 is God