How do I avoid writing cringy lyrics?

How do I avoid writing cringy lyrics?

Change your perspective to something most people wouldnt understand, dig deep.

Dont think of the rhymes or even if it makes sense until later

If you are satisfied with yourself, then its not cringy, remember that

syd barrett it up and hide your feelings under childish nonsense

with anything in life its just practice. lots of practice

Vocal effect your voice until is unintelligable. Or learn to growl.

Be genuine

The best tip you can ever take OP

Don't use cliche rhymes, use half rhymes if you have to. Linger on a subject rather than flitting between images. Cringy lyrics come from trying to be 'clever', you can never be too sincere or genuine. There are books written on the subject, you're going to have to read one of them.

if you feel the cringe then just embrace it and make it as cringe as possible

it will either be great or so bad that people will think your being ironic

which books?

90% of lyrics are pretty fucking cringy, don't worry too much about it.

Remember that fire rhymes with desire and you'll be fine.

Show them to a friend who knows their shit

This is the best way imo

Even if the lyrics only make sense to you

just b yourself

this actually

Any one, whatever pdf you can yar har fiddle di di. They all pretty much say the same thing, verse has been being written for a long long time and the theory is well understood.

How do I start writing lyrics even if I am shit at simple rhyming?

but tell me what to look for
do i just search for "how to write good lyrics?

just dont try to be some edgy philosopher than you arent and just write how you feel about things honestly. avoid writing about death and love

Cringy seems to be highly subjective except in regards to genuinely terrible lyrics such as "DID THE MAN WHO INVENTED COLLEGE GO TO COLLEGE?"

People say Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet has cringy lyrics but I find that, though they are on the nose, yes, they do exactly what Steven was trying to accomplish - illustrate the point of the song. "Xbox is a god to me" is a bad lyric taken out of context, and maybe even a little stupid, but I never cringed at that lyric.

Now, in most cases with lyrics, I find that cringy tends to be writing completely obvious, generic rhymes, or if you're a rapper, Gambino tier punchlines. Look for general consensus data points on what "cringy" lyrics are and avoid them.

Especially if the lyrics only make sense to you. No one else will know what the fuck you're talking about so they'll think you're deep.

This, NEVER write about those two things unless you really, really mean it, you don't want to write stuff with many implications that you didn't intended by accident, like that one time I tried to write about forgiveness yet later I realized it came out as me being an arrogant asshole. You can let it slide but everyone will notice sooner or later.

infinite content we are infinitely content
this is all you need friend

How do rappers get away with not adhering to this though? Since most of them are very clear about the subjects and themes of their lyrics.

>Avoid writing about the two most compelling and universal subjects we have
Great advice

How words sound is more important than what they explicitly mean. Find words that sound good and work them together. as well

by being mostly black
normal people treat blacks like big, agressive children
you wouldnt expect a child to write a masterpiece

By cringing at cringy lyrics so the cringe detection muscle in your brain becomes like arnie

Letting yourself go and editing later it's great advice, some of my best stuff has come from just being very straightforward but mixed in with words or phrases that are pretty much meaningless but still are totally personal.

you're a faggot. express yourself without being scared of being criticized. shitty internet cringe culture ruined you.

hey avey tare whats up

Experiment with literary impressionism. Practice on your delivery. Be very, very honest.

Most artists I've met say don't worry about the words, worry about the energy of the song.

If you're writing a song, start with the melody of the instruments. Then add the vocals, then AFTER change up the lyrics.

Sometimes you just gotta start singing to form the vocal melody, don't worry about the words until you know how you're gonna say them.

Don't write

It's not about that at all.

relevant pic

SUCK MY DICK LIKE A CRACKPIPE

Stop being a faggot.

Oh wait you're OP.

Don't "b yourself".
Be controversial. Be provocative.
Try to piss people off. Or make it reflect your own flaws.

Don't be a pussy. Think esoterically.

This. Emphasize melody over lyrics.

Melody first, lyrics second. Try to make licks.
The lyrics usually come then.

I don't like these kind of lyrics that much

Through promotion in the music industry.

That's why rap is shit. If a person truly took rap to it's limits, they'd be in jail for .. idk, hate speech or something.

for example?

99% of lyrics you write are going to look cringy before you actually integrate them into the song

I can't think of an example, but when lyrics seem just like random bullshit, well, it does nothing for me.
I like kinda vague lyrics, but when you can still tell what they're about, or when you can at least interpret something.

this. truly deep and hard-hitting lyricism

which bands lyrically influence you, op?