Why doesn't Sup Forums like Tori? She has a cancerous fan base...

Why doesn't Sup Forums like Tori? She has a cancerous fan base, but it is literally impossible to deny that she is an intensely gifted musician, and besides her technical skill she writes good songs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w52E-gQa4RE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She has butchered herself through plastic surgery.
I never could take people who had plastic surgery seriously. To me, that sort of thing reeks of intense insecurity mixed with intense narcissism, and those are some of my least favorite traits in people.
Plus I hear that Crucify song on the radio every once in a while and it really is a serious piece of corny, dated, histrionic shit.

Just listened to that song and yeah, it certainly hasn't aged well.
Pop music with some shitty piano in the background is the most boring shit ever

The 90s were fucking awful

Nah, it had Bjork, Fiona and PJ.

>estrogen-fueled, dated, with self-absorbed emo lyrics - what's not to like?

Oh piss off you millenial.

Little Earthquakes is awesome: should I really waste my time to explore the rest of her discography?

Her only good track tbfh.

youtube.com/watch?v=w52E-gQa4RE

She was fantastic up to Scarlet's Walk. Lost touch after that.

Bjork is objectively shit

tori amos is for girls who remind teachers they forgot to assign homework

ITT: awful opinions

>spoonfeed me cause I'm lazy and tasteless

Enjoyed every album up to The Beekeeper.
Unironically looking forward to the new one.
Sounds like she's got her mojo back.

Her latest album Unrepentant Geraldines was not perfect by any means but some of the magic that was definitely back. I'm also looking forward to the new one.

Just listened to Cloud riders. Her voice is decent but damn that's some generic instrumentation. Especially the guitars. I thought she's supposed to be a classically trained pianist or something. This sounds boring as shit.

never read a worse opinion

>*listens to Kate Bush once*
>*botches plastic surgery*
yeah no

Never understood the Kate Bush comparison desu. I've always thought Tori has more similarities with Joni Mitchell if I had to name any. I guess people who say she's a KB ripoff only listened to Winter and Crucify.

i need this trend of nondegenerate pop/rock qts to come back

you have julia holter and joanna newsom

they're not as well known as other pop artists
tori amos pj harvey, even alanis morisette if you count her, were well known

I get what you're saying but to be fair Tori never made it THAT big, despite the cult following she had. She was at her commercial success around 1994 when Cornflake Girl was released as a single but she faded into obscurity right after with Boys for Pele.