Album covers with visual puns
>pic related
Or
Titles and artist names with clever or thought provoking wordplay
>The xx

care to explain...?

Which one

How is the cover of Low a visual pun?

Low was made while bowie was recovering from his Coke addiction, having moved to West Berlin for a quieter life.

Low

I know Aladdin Sane is a pun

getting the obvious out of the way

Yeah
Nice

First of all, nice digits. Second of all, that's not a visual pun, that's an example of wordplay.

well the visual comes from the fact that he's in profile

Does this count?

It's a tuning pork.

probably

Fork*

Fuck.

>we can be heroes but just for one day
>crosses out heroes and covers the picture
>The Next Day

I get the symbolism but not any visual pun if there is one. Any explanation?

Oh shit yeah thanks

It's The Beatles as in a beat.

HOLY SHIT

Really Makes you think

I feel like a brainlet for never realizing these

The Who
get it? cause lots of band names start with "The" so when someone tells you the name of a band and you didn't hear them, you'll be like "the who?" and then you and your friend begin talking about the band called The Who. this was top-notch SEO at the time.

then even this album cover has some sort of 'symbolism'

>Reality
>one of the few Bowie albums where his depiction on the cover isn't Really him
Damn

See this is forced and not true

I thought it was due to it being the low point of his life

This is what he meant with this cover
> I feel that reality has become an abstract for so many people over the last 20 years. Things that they regarded as truths seem to have just melted away, and it's almost as if we're thinking post-philosophically now. There's nothing to rely on any more. No knowledge, only interpretation of those facts that we seem to be inundated with on a daily basis. Knowledge seems to have been left behind and there's a sense that we are adrift at sea. There's nothing more to hold on to, and of course political circumstances just push that boat further out.

Me too. That's why I made this thread so I can find more and act superior to others.

I bet you didn't realise that the Xx' album xx could be interpreted as having the title Woman, as the final chromosomes in a female nucleus are x and x.

I'm sure it is, but that doesn't mean it can't have more than meaning

lol