What's good about noise rock?

>doesn't really explore textures on the level of drone music or an artist like Glenn Branca
>is really tame even compared to hardcore punk, forget grindcore, powerviolence, or mathcore (unless the artist is influenced by these genres like Melt-Banana)
>often extremely repetitive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6fdqYGt4Qog
youtube.com/watch?v=baEiu2NCDek
youtube.com/watch?v=3H4pcCWbohQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try to prove me wrong: The only acceptable noise rock is Steve Albini-produced noise rock.

albini-core is worst noise rock

Steve Albini isn't even the best producer in his own band.

Wasted dubs. Steve Albini and all the 'post-hardcore' noise rock shit isn't noisy at all. It's just angry and atonal. Real noise rock isstuff like Les Rallizez Dénudés, Sonic Youth, Air Conditioning, Loop, etc

What makes The Jesus Lizard noise rock for example? Point me a single TJL song that is noisy in the sense of harshness, not just being atonal and angry.

>produced Ys
>Joanna's best album
>produced Pod
>The Breeders' best album
>produced Tweez
>Slint's best album

McLusky was outstanding and Future Of The Left is incredible.
OP is pure clickbait anyways.

>Les Rallizez Dénudés

stopped reading there

Noise rock is a vague term so a lot of different artists fall under the noise rock label. Boredoms, Big Black, Les Rallizes Denudes and TFUL282 are all considered noise rock dispite sounding completely different from each other.

As it should be

>is really tame even compared to hardcore punk
get the fuck out of here vile gash, brainbombs, no trend and skullflower are way more hardcore than anything from hardcore punk
also with the genre there's really two distinction with how the music will play, either rock focused or noise focused. Albini is a one trick pony with his music but he does add some layers to what he does, shellac for example are 100x better than big black

not noise rock

columbian necktie is noisy

>tweez
>better than spiderland
wew lad, how does it feel to be that big of a contrarian

>Brainbombs
>no trend
I gotta laugh pretty hard every time somebody mentions these as hardcore or heavy. Their music just sounds like really limp punk rock with its thin sound that has non-existent low end and the rhythm section.+ guitars' inability to play together in a way to emphasize intensity.

Skullflower doesn't get more intense until they start practically dropping the noise rock and go into experimental harsh noise territory.

Never listened to Vile Gash so I can't say.

give me something hardcore because i think we have different reasons why something is hardcore

Here's like the most generic example I can think of

youtube.com/watch?v=6fdqYGt4Qog

i like it but its not heavier than the riff in this song
youtube.com/watch?v=baEiu2NCDek

There's literally no reason at all to listen to straight edge hardcore instead of repetitive songs about murdering hookers.

as a genre, much better live

The track's very repetitive with just one riff throughout, it doesn't have a groove centered approach to rhythms or maybe it does but the production doesn't allow that aspect to come out, the Judge song's guitar tone is far more focused bringing a more hard hitting feel without being overproduced meanwhile Die You Fuck is purposefully trying to obscure it in effects, but the most important part may be the lack of sheer low end on Die You Fuck like idk how anything even plans on being heavy without having this.
Simple, faster, quicker tracks that don't waste your time playing the same exact shit for extended periods of time with too minor a variation to justify said length. Also you can actually go hard in the pit for that Judge track.

based Bob Weston, I dig it

>What's good about noise rock?
Butthole Surfers, Flipper, Melt Banana, Arab on Radar, Brainbombs, and No Trend. I listen to all of the more extreme genres you listed, but these bands are all great

You've clearly only listened to Obey by Brainbombs, because Urge to kill is hardcore and noisy as shit

i think this is the most pleb thread i've ever been in
fucking plebs

>infectious ass riff that brings a heaviness and angry aspect of the song
>it doesn't have a groove centered approach to rhythms or maybe it does but the production doesn't allow that aspect to come out
lol okay ill ignore that because it clearly is rhythm based. Also how aren't the guitar tones in die you fuck focused they're clearly bringing a dark atmosphere to the song if they played the riff slower this would be a great sludge song

here's vile gash in the first 30 seconds its a quick noisy song but after that the riff slows and its this sludgy heavy riff. Personally my definition of heavy is a slow chuggish riff, but to each his own
youtube.com/watch?v=3H4pcCWbohQ

FUCKING PLEBS
>>>get the fuck out of Sup Forums

FUCKING PLEBSSSS
GET
THE
FUCK
OUT
OF M
U

>posting sonic youth
>calling anyone a pleb

>lol okay ill ignore that because it clearly is rhythm based
Which is why I said at least the production doesn't allow that aspect to come out because the rhythm section is very low in the mix.
>Also how aren't the guitar tones in die you fuck focused they're clearly bringing a dark atmosphere to the song if they played the riff slower this would be a great sludge song
They are made to be very murky and unclear. Not even raw, but like the equivalent of smearing writing on a paper with your finger.

>Vile Gash
Not sure what's noise rock about this at all. Sounds like hardcore punk to me. Double checked RYM and Discogs, they say it's hardcore punk, too.
Yup. Will check out Urge To Kill then.

i like lightning bolt. are they noise rock? idk im tired.

yes but with a focus on mathrock

honestly i don't even think of lightning bolt as "rock", just an act who happens to use bass and drums as their instruments to create their own genre