youtube.com/watch?v=uaFzmZrKKKw
youtube.com/watch?v=nVRjDO3VyYA
youtube.com/watch?v=-paa3wwGWww
reddit.com/r/Metal/wiki/metalsubgenres
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for black metal

shallow and pedantic

Thanks, user!

Anyone have anything similar to Inquisition? Or Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult too.

r8 my latest slsk downloads

How much metal do you guys ACTUALLY listen to?
I'm at a point where over the last 2 years I have heard an average of about 1,100 albums I hadn't previously heard, and from some quick napkin math it has been roughly 98% metal.
I do listen to what I believe to be plenty of non-metal, however in most of my spare time at work or at home I find myself listening to metal, be it a new release or an old favorite. I don't feel like I am anywhere close to burning out, does anyone else feel this way/listen to this much?

Appreciate the recc.

I could restrict myself to one genre of metal for a decade and still manage to find something amazing that I've never heard before.

I occasionally listen to prog rock, but I usually burn out fast on that shit.

One of the best albums this year, so far. That and Verity.

They should have preformed Angel of Death on fallon.

I don't know why you'd need to use slsk to download most of that

I've tried getting into death metal but most stuff I've tried seems plain and boring. So far I've liked Death, Possessed, Atheist, Deicide, some of Incantation and pic related

Is there any other death /metal/ for me?

Tsjuder
Absu
Destroyer 666
stoked to see riffquistion in september, i haven't seen them live yet

I haven't seen the show, but I bet Tom acted like a complete weirdo as per usual.

youtube.com/watch?v=EjdaW5ufzbg

Is there a reason why they didn't complete the pentagram in there logo?

It's convenient to not have to hop between different sources to find the more obscure stuff

Bolt Thrower

The goatman took the sword that completes it out

Reddit: Swedish metal
Tumblr: Norwegian metal
Sup Forums: Finnish metal

median age of this thread: 15

True

Deceased is a must. Also, you can complete your tech wank by listening to Focus by Cynic.

youtube.com/watch?v=af9f3CvzAPY

youtube.com/watch?v=hCj-4qjPi6Q

Fresh from Sup Forums

BINLAND?? :DDD

Had not heard of tsjuder, thanks user. I'm peeved they won't be coming anywhere near me on their tour, their live performances seem fucking amazing. Massive sound for just two people.

Reddit: techdeath
Tumblr: melodeath
Sup Forums: OSDM

>Using macros

What are your top 3 metal albums from this year?

I second
I've liked most of the stuff you've liked and also enjoy the two reccd a lot

Death Metal's probably the hardest metal genre to get into because it has zero traditionally tonal qualities to it usually, the musical assaults really fast with a lot of changes, and there are timbres being used that most people unfamiliar with the genre aren't really used to. Take your time with it. Listen to more melodic forms death metal if you need to as they are more traditionally tonal like the Carcass, Death, and Atheist (other examples would be bands like At The Gates, Unanimated, and Arghoslent.) Listen to something more thrash inspired as those are also easier to digest like that Possessed or Deicide (early Sepultura albums, Demolition Hammer, Massacra, etc.) Believe it or not, some of the low end style slower stuff like Incantation is easy to get into because it's slower; so maybe give other slower "brutal" bands a listen like Cryptopsy or Suffocation?

>meet qt grill who's getting into metal
>start talking, things are going well, going for drinks later this week
>she's low-key Sup Forums as well
did I hit the jackpot /meal/

Reddit: Atmoblack
Tumblr: Blackgaze
Sup Forums: Black/Thrash

lock it down

>low-key Sup Forums
that's probably not going to stay low key

gravehill nibba

>Making this statement in an American Metal thread

gatecreeper is a good meme

Can you really say this when /metal/ spams lame meloshit like Arghoslent all the time?

It was good despite the ridiculous venue.

youtube.com/watch?v=H2OjbS_GnS4

The nu-male archives tells me that they are a (melodic) death/thrash band. I bet you're just being a homosexual.

Hey that's my chart
I also made one for Black Metal by Venom

we're gonna see how it works out

The most accurate of them all.

Reddit: Trad, Thrash, Death (non-OSDM), Doom, Prog, "Experimental/Avant-Garde", Melodic Black
Tumblr: 2nd Wave Norwegian Black Metal, Blackgaze, DSBM, Atmoblack
Sup Forums: Glam, Power, Melodic Death, Djent
NWN: OSDM, all other forms of Black Metal, Caverncore, Black/Thrash, Black/Death

Ah shit, forgot to add Slam to Sup Forums

t. nu-male

>be listening to Hell Awaits
>be using headphones with my receiver for the first time (friend just gave me a jack that fits)
>whatever track the vox are in is fucked
>mfw the album sounds eviller than ever

' t.' is going to have to be added to the Sup Forums word filters.

Good luck with that.

>doesn't know about tbhesu
>doesn't know about fampai

>he doesn't type "desu" and "senpai"

I love most of every metal genre, I don't know why you guys keep fighting.

Glam still sucks, however.

Here's some of my favorites
Runemagick
youtube.com/watch?v=PFR2lwrJkUI
Gorement
youtube.com/watch?v=VFGZRSCZam8
God Macabre
youtube.com/watch?v=y-iWA_Oe2Rc
Edge of Sanity
youtube.com/watch?v=vDD-o1unirY
Arghoslent
youtube.com/watch?v=TwGtabMaHO4

patrician

Cool to see you here
Try making one for Metallica's AJFA, now that would be a nice challenge

Please be more descriptive because that sounds fun as fuck

try the classic "headphones half plugged in" trick, might hear some interesting results

Black metal and death doom are two of my favourite genres, vocals are not really a problem, the problem it's that I haven't get the appeal of DM riffs, they seem dull, shallow and boring most of the time.

Yes, I know there are really plain BM albums, and it's the same formula again and again, but at least these have that 'hypnotic dullness' that captivates me, sometimes passional. Death metal seems emotionless.

For some reason, I remember all of the songs of Deicide's s/t, while most DM I've tried listening to is completely forgettable

Can't get into Cynic. The bass and the vocals sound too cheesy for me. Gorguts is boring for me.

Maybe if I ask you guys for the rawest death metal?

Listen to manifest decimation by power trip you fucking idiots

Nu male band

shitty pantera worship

RIFF Thrower
youtube.com/watch?v=QL19beIJSE0
youtube.com/watch?v=bPM_QbSuchc

If anything, they're Cro-Mags worship. You're literally a retard.

>it's that I haven't get the appeal of DM riffs, they seem dull, shallow and boring most of the time.
This was exactly what I was getting at in my post. The DM genre's full of riffs with a more blunt feel to them compared to other metal. It delivers the riffs with a level of intensity you won't normally see in black metal and definitely won't in death doom. Not only that, but riffs themselves tend to hold a lot of nuance; death metal might actually low key be the most technical genre of metal without having to rely on wank. In quite a few death metal bands, the structure is quite possibly the most crazy in all popular music not just metal due to the amount of distinct sections there may be in a song due to high number of riffs. Having all these hit the listener at once creates an experience that totally goes over the head of a new inexperienced listener. It's metal's equivalent of "classical music is sssooo boring" in a way.

The exception to the above statements are the more traditionally tonal bands who lack the blunt feel or the heavily thrash inspired bands who have a less nuanced/more straightforward approach or one of the brutal death/death doom guys because their slower speed means that they aren't delivering as much intense riffing in a given amount of time.

I used to find this stuff boring, too when I first got into metal ten years ago. But honestly, one of those so called boring albums (Morbid Angel's Altars Of Madness) is often the first thing that comes to mind if somebody asks me favorite album of all time. It'll take time, but to me death metal, particularly in the Old School Death Metal vein, often has some of the very best metal has to offer and entails everything that makes metal a unique genre of its own.

As for rawest death metal, try out Nuclear Death's Bride Of Insect.

Where do i start with Beherit?

Drawing Down the Moon

The channel the vocals are in is fucked. My headphones' jack didn't fit my new receiver's jack, and my buddy gave me a converter today. It sounds pretty different from playing it through the speakers. The vox sound really echo-y and kind of like My Bloody Valentine, with the headphones. It's cult.

Drawing Down The Moon if you want what the band's known for.

Oath Of Black Blood if you just want raw Blashpemy style stuff.

Electric Doom Synthesis if you don't care about Beherit's black metal elements at all and just want the ambient stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=bf6kf2ScUhc

youtube.com/watch?v=STPdbMWFhEY

youtube.com/watch?v=uaFzmZrKKKw

youtube.com/watch?v=nVRjDO3VyYA

rec me some black metal with melody please? something like Hammerheart

Most black metal is melodic
Check out Dissection and Nokturnal Mortum

thread has recurring good taste

Big fan of this one last year

If you are a false don't entry
because you'll be burned and died

Did sarcafago write this song about the h-mans trve kvlt klassic underground smash hit real american?

youtube.com/watch?v=-paa3wwGWww

Is there any satanic NSBM?

>budget ride the lightning for racists

>not using this standard for naming album folders
>[artist] - [year] - [album]

It's like you're not into metal at all.

do you guys think m-a mods have ever rejected a review that was well written but was critical of their favorite album/band? Because that's the only reasonable explanation I can find for Bathory - Under the Sign having a 95% score.

True Satanic Black Metal are bands such as Darkthrone, Arya Satankampf, Graveland, Gestapo 666, Satanic Warmaster, Beherit and Impaled Nazarene. You can listen to Metallica if you want, but you do not understand the true Hitleric Nazi black metal thing. You just poser and you can fuck off the whole scene. Black Metal is real music, not intended for animals like you, but the real Satanic Misantrophics who do not care like you clown from. Black Metal is an elite music, and you do not understand it. None of you understand the real Satanism. You ridiculous little kids. World view is based on hitlerism, on a personal level Satanic individualism, collective level hitleric fascism. Without a theoretical understanding of the occult, it is useless to dream of understanding wotanic worldview. None of you can not understand Wotanism, because you are all intellectually at the same level as the earthworms. You can not reach an elite level of Satanism, so why even dream about it. Satanism and Black Metal are the elite. For real misantrophes.

the m-a mods are actual retard children that disallow some bands from even appearing on their most trve of websites for not being trve metal

If I want to get into metal, what should I listen too

>that feel when your closing in on having two separate lists of death metal on Spotify

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Black Sabbath

don't listen to metal

reddit.com/r/Metal/wiki/metalsubgenres

Judas Priest

>Brutal Death Metal
>Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
>Pick one

this, start with screaming for vengeance/defenders of the faith, then move onto everything else.

Runemagick is great. I'm working my way through their discography slowly and with relish.

>Havukruunu

TORILLE

PÄÄSTÄKÄÄ MINUT

Sadistik Exekution
>tfw no one will ever see the final command performed live ever again