>Album is critically acclaimed
>9s and 10s out of 10 almost unanimously
>Sup Forums says its shit

Hm really makes me think..

>Sup Forums says its shit
Stop it.

and Meteora is better.

you forgot best selling album of that decade

but yeah, shame they never made another HT-like album. Meteora was good but not HT tier. ATS was their best outside of HT.

I liked the experiment and concept album vibe of thousand suns a lot. Wish they made more albums like it.

>every good album 15+ years ago is only good because of nostalgia

kys

> He wrote his suicide note 17 years before he suicided
Was Chester a time traveler?

Yeah The Beatles are shit too XD

It's going through the dad rock phase where it's cool cool to listen to with trendy young people anymore.

Once it get's old enough like guns n roses it will become edgy and classic and cool for edgy teens to listen to.

Is Linkin Park basically the Nirvana or our time?

It hasn't aged that well

yes

no, not enough normies listen to them

u wot m8? pretty much every normie listens to them.

Wasn't Mike Shinoda the creative lead in the band?

That and Chester wasn't murdered by Courtney Love.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAWLIIIIIIING MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

But do they really listen?

>Wasnt murdered by Courtney love
Thats because Groel did it you fuck!!

Probably not but normies don't really listen to music anyway. They just put on whatever has "good vibes" or a "good beat". They don't really look too deeply into the meanings of songs or anything. That's for Sup Forumstards like us.

>user only brings this up due to the lead singer's recent suicide
truly, my mind has been boggled...

bad example, guns and roses is pretty much relegated to boomers and people with lifted pickup trucks

>linkin part is Sup Forumscore now
hul

Only A Thousand Suns

>Linkin Park is critically acclaimed
The masses don't have critical thinking skills. They're only pretending. Linkin Park is rated so well because it's pop, which is the only genre rated by record sales and not talent.

You can't objectively measure talent.

You can come close enough to discern who's talented and who's not. Most pop is objectively trash.

I don't mind the style, but this particular band (or record) isn't anything good. Deftones did everything they did much better.

Not really.

Kurt was a pretty shitty guitarist. Nirvana is still one of my favourite bands.

so woke

>all these faggots coming out of the woodwork to defend Linkin Park in the close wake of Chesters death
Hm really makes me think..

Technical skills =/= creative skills
You could have an incredibly skilled guitarist but he could have zero ear for a good melody. Kurt happened to be the opposite of that spectrum.

Sure but "creative skills" are subjective. That's my point.

Some people will listen to Nirvana and think it's garbage. Some people will listen to Linkin Park and think it's the greatest band they've ever heard.

Maybe it's cause all the oldfags grew up with linkin park and got over it, but now matured enough to enjoy it for what it is and what it meant to them in the past. And Chester's suicide struck a chord with them so they revisit LP out of nostalgia.

>literally admitting it's all nostalgia

Nostalgia is a big part of why people like the music they like. Usually it brings back memories of their childhood or their youth.

Well then they are huge plebians and also faggots. If you only listen to music for the feelings you associate with it based on previous experiences you are a pleb supreme

>i only listen to music for the technical aspect, the feelings it evokes mean nothing to me

t. manchild with arrested emotional development
when did i say the feelings didn't matter?
i said that the outside feelings ie; the feelings you had as a person at the time of experiencing a peice of music and that having an effect on you still liking the music is pleb as fuck. Listening to music you liked as a child and never moving on is embarrassing because you are literally listening to music for children

Did I say that people exclusively listen to music from their childhood?

You're just autistic.

>look at me guys i'm too cool and woke to listen to the stuff i listened to as a kid growing up

>You're just autistic
no es un argumento

>you are literally listening to music for children
I listened to the Beatles and the Stones as a child.

I guess that's music for children by your logic.

YOU
ARE
RETARDED
THE ONLY FUCKING THREADS I SEE ABOUT THIS ALBUM ARE PEOPLE SAYING "WHY DO PEOPLE HATE THIS SO MUCH?" IT'S PRETTY GOOD DESU
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE WILFULLY IGNORANT AND ACT ALL SMUG WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY PRETENDING WHAT YOU'RE SAYING HAS A SHRED OF TRUTH TO IT YOU UTTER PIECE OF HUMAN EXCREMENT

It's an ok album though desu

>the Beatles
>not music for children
pick one

It's impossible to remove the feelings generated by the music itself from contextual feelings