Link Between Heavy Metal And Autism

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317754.php

Do you think there any truth to this? Have you ever believed this to be the case? Does this apply to hair/funk metal?

Hair metal is linked to being a dad born sometime in the 1960s or 1970s

And funk metal?

Definitely.

I go to school at a creative college where you can get degrees in stuff like music.

All the metal kids are so awkward and nerdy.

They are very similar to the computer game design kids.

I bet they think hating anything popular makes them cool and funny too

Yeah the NOT TRUE METAL blinkered vision rampant amongst fans is a telltale symptom

>mfw the study is about actual metal, like the mineral

you get that with bleep but no one calls you out for being a nerd why is that

Spending an inordinate amount of time and effort on inane whining about the awfulness of metal and metalheads is fairly typical of moronic, clueless "mature" 15-year olds with superiority complexes.
I know because I was a moronic, clueless "mature" 15-year old with a superiority complex.
OP, you're underage. Shame on you.

Found the metalfag

I still can't stomach metal. It's the most torturous music in existence, aside from maybe techno.
I can just stand braindead underage children even less than I can stand metal.

are you kidding bleep fans and threads are dangerously autistic
the obsession with production and details, the sterility of it all and the connection on a level of technical admiration rather than emotion
those threads are aspie city

that's what i mean but there isn;t this kind of societal consensus that bleep fans are autists, whereas metal fans get shit all the time for being autists
source: am both a techno and metal listener

We already knew this. Metal is fucking trash

Edm is for people who are so normal that it's disgusting to even interact with them

Rap music is for people with legitimate low iq shit taste in everything, no self awareness

Metal is for legitimate spazs, highschool shooters and virgins

All 3 of them are on the spectrum

you should add a Sup Forums banner into this pic

Bleeps are just more socially acceptable.

Metal is for the children of divorcees growing up in the suburbs. healthy people don't listen to it.

>projecting this much

I think the general aesthetics associated with IDM come across as more mature than those associated with metal; most people are going to be unfamiliar with both, so they're judged at a surface level.

The former has roots in minimalism and restraint, and visually identifies with things like the bauhaus movement whereas the latter draws visually from things perceived to be more juvenile like fantasy, myth and shock-value, and sonically focuses on the bombastic and overwrought.

The generally gaudy first impression of metal is probably the reason. If people aren't likely to delve into either, then the one that seems less lord of the rings is going to win the benefit of the doubt regarding whether or not it's for nerds. People's impressions of things they're unfamiliar of are built by its representatives; seeing people each wearing each of pic related, which would you be more likely to think's a nerd?

Anecdotal but also in my experience metal fans are more outspoken in person which can come across as dorky.

I guess I triggered a metalhead. It's alright, I'm sure mommy and daddy will get back together soon enough.

>still projecting

Is that the only response you have? You're trying so hard to be edgy, why don't you go listen to more scream music about death and pain?

>calling someone else edgy while using terms like "triggered"
And when did I say I listened to metal? I was just calling you out for being an ass.

I’m sure lots of you know a kid who thought this way:
>guitar is cool
>i will be cool if i play guitar
>being the best at guitar is the best at being cool
>playing the highest quantity of correct notes in the shortest amount of time surely achieves maximum coolness
>Yngvie Malmsteen obviously coolest guy in the world
>Now permanently “into metal”
>hasn’t cut his hair this whole time
>”oh well I’m 17 now may as well grow a beard” which means never shaving even a little
>”metal is serious music for talented musicians”

Metal is music for people that don't really get music. Metal fans either appreciate the technical stuff (in a vaguely autistic way) or the "dark" imagery etc (school shooter types).

And what's with the screaming and growling? Surely anyone who thinks that's good has something wrong with them.

Has no one actually read the article yet?

Found the top 40 pop song fan that has never exposed herself to much variety in music.

>Metal is music for people that don't really get music

I know you're trolling, but this is actually not true at all. Metal has some of the most talented musicians and composers outside of classical music. Most people who play music can only dream of playing something as advanced as the music Death made.

I have but the conversation is more interesting than the actual article so I didn't comment about it not having anything to do with music.

Found the idiot metal fan.

Thread is even more proof that indie/emo fags are the most insecure, shit taste, social laddering fags out there

Pretty much everyone on this site is insecure as fuck.

What about bald metal??

Kek

You mean NSBM?

edm fans are every negative millennial stereotype rolled in one