Wtf

wtf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CSLAZM54ZcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

desu I didn't hate it as much as most of Sup Forums seems to but it's still a fucking huge disappointment, I expected more from them

wtf

wtf

it's probably their worst album to date

I think Reflektor is worse

I guess it depends on how you feel about Reflektor, because I liked it and I feel this album is just diet-Reflektor
Good God Damn is really good though

Everything Now Isn't terrible, it just isn't up to par with what Arcade Fire has released in the past. If some run of the mill indie pop band put this album out, it would be seen as a good album but it's not, it's an album by Arcade Fire. I was expecting more.

Diet Reflektor is a great way to describe it.

this album is such a spectacular failure. it really puts into perspective just how unwarranted the backlash certain albums receive can be. say what you will about an album like Painting With, but it shits all over this trash. if pitchfork really wanted to even feign consistency, this album should have gotten a 1 or 2

I hate good god damn more than chemistry lol

it's a 4.0 at the lowest

Whatever happened to indie HITS, Sup Forums?

>2011
>AAALLL YOU OTHER KIDS WITH YOUR BIG FAT DICKS YOU BETTER RUN BETTER RUN OUT RUN MY BULLETS

>2017
>fucking can't even remember the name of the last DeerHunter
>nothing remarkable off this album
>beach haus et all's 2016 and 2017 albums have no hits are are weak af

Where are the hits? Where are the memes? Where is the cultural catharsis?

Are we really back to pretending to be impressed by mediocre shit Just cause pitchfork gives it a high score and we are insecure about looking like we don't "get it"?

Kirin j callinan will save your soul

>album pulls out one decent song towards the very end (we don't deserve love)
>this is its only redeeming aspect
>4 at the lowest
yeah, no.

twenty one pilots are still carrying the torch

indie has been dying for the past couple years
at least, the "indie" we know

feels pretty bad, honestly - I wish I had seen bands like Arcade Fire when they were still touring their earlier material.

Hip hop is taking over

Never thought I would get sick of listening to Arcade Fire on the radio.

This post is important

i loved reflektor
this is no diet-reflektor
this is a piece of shit all-the-worst-bits-of-reflektor-plus-so-much-more album that would be laughable if it wasn't by arcade fire

youtube.com/watch?v=CSLAZM54ZcQ

>4/10

is he right?

Copied my post from the dead thread.

>Honestly this record isn't that bad senpai. It's short. That's the problem. There's literally as much filler as reflektor but it's almost half the length.
>
>After listening through a few times I found you hear a lot you didn't hear in the production the first or second time. The info it's contents are good when you look at it like one song the way it's supposed to be heard. Listening to the album on repeat is the only way to do the concept justice but I wonder how the loop is recreated on vinyl.
>
>Yeah chemistry is piss poor but Peter pan is okay. The singles are all bangers. If you like sprawl ii but hate electric blue you should reevaluate your opinions bc they're pretty similar in style.
>
>It's almost like y'all enjoy being contrarian just for kicks.

How is independent a genre?

NME gave this 5 starts

wtf

Rockists BTFO

"Indie" isn't a genre, it was a scene spurred by the critical/commercial success of various rock bands in the early 2000s retroactively applied to a wide assortment of other semi obscure rock bands in the 80's and 90's, a scene that is now near dead as all the bands that formed the scene have either broken up, moved on, or become stagnant in their sound.

wtf

wtf

thanks for killing the thread you fucking faggot

>badmouths president trump
>gets trashed

when will lelberlels ever learn?

>wtf I killed the thread by replying to everyone

that's not HOW you kill a thread,fucking pleb born of faggotry
(You), yes (You),kill a thread with THIS.Watch and learn and see my parallel universe reaction to your shitty post

everyone's hating on good god damn but it was the only song I sort of enjoyed, still I feel like it's a bit long and repetitive.

also wtf are those female vocals on electric blue & creature comfort just why. they would still be shite songs but at least average

well,it was about time to give a reply and that autist has not appeared yet

almost well played for trying to archive it though

The Suburbs was their OK Computer. Reflektor was their Kid A. Everything Now will be their Amnesiac.

Screenshot this post.

This is the first Arcade Fire record since the s/t EP from 2003 to not get Best New Music.

Are they fucked?

This is so off the mark. Funeral is their OK Computer. Neon Bible is their Kid A.

>Go to the city
>Go to the store
>Ask for a loan from another bank.

damn

>infinite content
>infinite content
>we're infinitely content

why?

No, they're just transitioning to dad rock. Now it'll be Rolling Stone that sucks their dick instead of Rolling Stone.

good god

Guys consumerism is bad.
Please buy by album.

Q: What's wrong with Arcade Fire?
A: Everything Now

Rolling Stone instead of Pitchfork* I mean