/meta/

what do you like about Sup Forums?
what do you dislike and how to fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EXjAG4OiwFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

I don't like people who post the Reddit frog on this board.

>like: discussion of music
>dislike: unwavering focus on superficial aspects of music (e.g. complaining about the fans of a given artist, waifuism, etc)
>dislike: people literally treating the music board as a meme warfare battleground and spilling ideological spaghetti
>how to fix: there is no hope

Bump

/Sup Forums

>what do you like about Sup Forums?
Almost nothing.
>what do you dislike
Almost everything.
>How to fix it?
Autoban all rap/hip-hop, autoban top 40 pop/waifu shit, and autoban Grimes. Plebs should be publicly shamed, almost to the point of suicide. Its in the board's best interest to maintain the highest level of quality.

>what do you dislike and how to fix it?
I dislike the lack of moderation on this board. If mods bothered to do their job and deleted waifu pic dump, Sup Forums and otherwise unrelated or worthless threads, this board would improve. Without that, we can only complain and nothing would ever be done.

This user gets it.

Wait wait wait is this about metal or mu?

moo

baaaaahh

We should have some kind of script that detects when people post hip-hop, and it should send a pulse through their computer (or phone) and electrocute them for posting bad music. Eventually, they will become patricians.

P4K, Fantano, Scaruffi and RYM score threads should be deleted

funny sometimes

wish it was nicer

fuck you

>how to fix

Delete the board. Nothing can fix this shithole.

Actual answer:

Add actual conduct rules. Which Sup Forums will never do because it's Sup Forums and hurr lol muh free speech means I can fill the board with shitposts.

Needs more music discussion, and less artist/performer discussion

how to fix: ban grimesfags

I wish there would be a way to encourage users to learn about certain aspects of music before they ignorantly shitpost about it on the site. Otherwise discussions never go anywhere because a particular ignorant user will start an argument over something they haven't bothered to learn, so another user has to essentially spoonfeed them through said argument. It doesn't help that you got kids who copped the Sup Forumscore chart or the RYM top 100 and think they know stuff about music especially when they are often only exposed to one or two genres of music (not highly exposed, either.) Even though /lit/'s not perfect, it's kind of a good model to follow because you have users who know their shit that can go between serious discussion and joking shitposts very well. Sup Forums on the other hand is among the least knowledgeable boards since the barrier of entry into becoming a "music fan" is among the lowest hobbies on this website (perhaps in general, too.)

Also, Death Meta>>>>Meta
youtube.com/watch?v=EXjAG4OiwFE

>antediluvian

my negus

this takes care of the worst offenders
filter share?

I am not getting anything from reverse image search. Holy shit is that real? How did you manage to nab your copy of a cassette version? There's only I think a 100 of those.

Yep, limited to 100 tapes sold at live shows. I got this one off of Discogs, though. Lucky as hell. Best thing in my collection. Hand-lettered, hand-assembled, raw pre-master audio, real-time dub.

kick the weeaboos

:'(

Damn, gonna cop one of those for myself there's a couple on discogs. Didn't expect that to be there. Quite a few of metal people put a surprising amount of work on stuff like this. Cormorant brought in an actual artist to do this bigass extended artwork for their record, for which they hand assembled every copy as well.

I couldn't have said it better

rap/hip hop isn't music
grimes isn't music
top 40/pop shit isn't music

get to work mods

>Quite a few of metal people put a surprising amount of work on stuff like this. Cormorant brought in an actual artist to do this bigass extended artwork for their record

One of the reasons I love cassettes.

The cover being a different aspect ratio means that they usually have alternate/exclusive cover art and bands like to put special art in the j-card a lot of the time.

Damn, I do like the normal Parasignosis cover with its shapes theme, but this might actually be cooler. I would imagine it's the best way to listen to that record, too considering I always wished it was a little bit rawer.

>I would imagine it's the best way to listen to that record, too considering I always wished it was a little bit rawer.

Hell, yes. Caverncore, esoteric DM and OSDM definitely sound better on tape.

explicitly ban threads where people ask to be spoonfed imo