Yeah I listen to nirvana, they are my favorite punk rock band!

>yeah I listen to nirvana, they are my favorite punk rock band!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qsTFo0SNFY
youtube.com/watch?v=jDyvClUsCJU
youtube.com/watch?v=xTyIF_sjDlY
youtube.com/watch?v=0mDanFE3G1E
youtube.com/watch?v=UD_y44jsG0A
youtube.com/watch?v=owrVQebWCtc
youtube.com/watch?v=hw60q0wEt6g
youtube.com/watch?v=aAB6U_LiB48
youtube.com/watch?v=l7kLsDK19WM
youtube.com/watch?v=QRiZMtpvDIo
youtube.com/watch?v=sEKEtDTRmw0
youtube.com/watch?v=-_unV0UPGUY
youtube.com/watch?v=JpMt_YqVbhw
youtube.com/watch?v=sQOOgQtLI4M
youtube.com/watch?v=tWZ9ihZ_TUw
youtube.com/watch?v=csmybgZLK8M
youtube.com/watch?v=L-gx957MEO4
youtube.com/watch?v=V3NBdgLmPio
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>cool coo mine are the pixies

>yeah I hate women, I blow men!

How is she wrong?

Nothing wrong with that desu.

you could call nirvana a punk band and be at least partially right

Kurt thought punk was a mindset rather than a specific musical archetype

So yeah, Nirvana was punk.

Piss off. Holy shit.

Stop pretending that anyone would call Nirvana a "punk" band IRL without at least a tinge of irony, especially since you're only doing it because the OP posted a fucking woman and you feel it's immoral and unforgivable to critique anything a woman has said or might ever say.

Holy fuck shit. Piss off.

Woah, calm down dude

>Piss off. Holy shit.
Ooops you didnt seem to answer the question

Try again?

So he thought punk was a fashion trend got it

kek

She's not wrong. The OP isn't saying she's wrong either, you dense ass sack of shit.

OP is saying no one with self-awareness and a basic familiarity with music would unironically call Nirvana "punk" instead of grunge.

Neither of those replies were funny, you dipshit.

Op has a 99% chance of being a virgin

REEEEEEEE IT'S NOT FUCKING PUNK IT GRUNGE THERE IS A FUCKING DIFFERENCE, PUNK IS NOT GRUNGE AND GRUNGE IS NOT PUNK HOLY FUCKING SHIT KILLYOURSELVES TIRED OF TRYING TO EXPAIN TO YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS1!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=7qsTFo0SNFY

>She's not wrong
That's what I just implied.

Are you replying to the wrong person?

>The OP isn't saying she's wrong either,
Of course he is. Is this your first summer on mu?
Oh is this grunge?
youtube.com/watch?v=jDyvClUsCJU

Why do people even like Nirvana?

>song starts with clean guitar, light bass, soft drum track
>Cobain mumbles simple melody with shitty shallow depressing lyrics
> this whole part repeats 4 times
>chorus kicks in
>really loud distorted guitar
>Cobain repeats "YEAH YEAH" over the next 30 seconds
>verse again
>after second chorus cobain plays a "solo" thats really just the vocal melody to the verse
>more drawn out verse and chorus horseshit
>song ends

Sounds fine.

What';s wrong with it?

I know that's what you implied. I'm saying I'm not going to answer your question because you're right and she's not wrong.

>Of course he is.
No he isn't.

>I'm saying I'm not going to answer your question
Thanks for the discussion

>No he isn't.
Prove it

>Cobain repeats "YEAH YEAH" over the next 30 seconds
Name me three of his songs that does that.

Perfectly fine to me

>really loud distorted guitar
Most of what you said is part of fucking grunge.

Take any popular hit song of theirs, I guarantee it will match up with 6/8 of what I described

>Thanks for the discussion
Motherfucker, are you dumb? I'm not answering your question because I never disagreed with you, just like the OP.

You asked that question because you were too stupid to realize what OP was poking fun at.

>Prove it
I can't. You can't prove your position either.

Thanks for the discussion.

You didn't answer his question.

Name three songs that match that
>I'm not answering your question
Thanks for the discussion
>I can't.
Thanks for playing. No further replies are needed.

Nirvana is pretty much punk

Pretty grungey to me, desu.

So being boring, repetitive, and predictable is part of grunge?

This fucking faggot spent 9 minutes talking about his gay ass guitar strap what the fuck is this.

His lyrics are more often nonsensical

Kurt's a fag though

>be the biggest rock star in the world
>blow your brains out
Pretty punk rock actually

It's to get you moist.

I can think of a billion things a girl could say that are way worse than that.

Punk is a lifestyle. Nirvana was punk. Shoegaze is punk

Wasn't the rifle he used a .22 I don't think it'll rip his face off.

What do you mean by lifestyle? In a fashion sense? Punk and Grunge styles were a tiny bit similar, but very different.

She would be right. Nirvana's like the first band that managed to make the punk style of music interesting by having a wide variety of songs on their albums that are all dynamic, do everything from hardcore to noise rock bits, and aren't one dimensional like their influences (Pixies, Stooges, etc.) at all.

>favorite punk ro-
dropped

Minutemen

>being boring, repetitive, and predictable is part of grunge

Just like the genre that inspired it, punk right?

punk is the eschewing of formal and traditional elements in a particular idea. I said shoegaze, for exampe, because it puts the purely sonic element at the forefront rather than lyrics, structure, etc. There are punk elements in fashion too. I guess im kinda relating punk with avant garde. Nirvana utilized distortion and noise heavily and cobain would write lyrics30 minutes before finishing the songs, among other things that were punk

that's a fake.
here is a real photo from the crime scene

I thought it was a shotgun

Nah, those were some ADHD faggots who couldn't make real songs.

Best nirvana song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=xTyIF_sjDlY

because most people (especially women) latch on to manufactured elements of popular culture that try to appear otherwise (bands like nirvana) in an attempt to delude those around them into thinking that they have even a sliver of personality

omg so woke wow! XD

you're a dork

thats literally most of Sup Forums. it has nothing to do with gender

Yes, Nirvana is considered "Grunge" and Bleach pretty much bears that out, but Nirvana could be punk as fuck if/when they wanted to.

Dave Grohl in the mid 80s was in a band called Dain Bramage as well as D.C. punk legends Scream.

Also, before Curt killed himself, they recruited Pat Smear from The Germs to be part of the band.

Need more proof that, in spite of, and despite the fact that Nirvana were considered Grunge they could do punk and do it well?

Take a listen to the following songs.....

>Love Buzz
(A basic re-working of Wire's Three Girl Rhumba)
>Negative Creep
>Been a Son
>Smells Like Teen Spirit
(Somebody in the video is wearing a Bad Brains shirt)
>Breed
>Territorial Pissing
(Sounds like something that could've been on Social Distortion's Mommy's Little Monster album)
>Polly
(The Incesticide version)
>Turn Around
(Devo Cover)
>D-7
(Wipers' cover)
>Molly's Lip
>Son Of a Gun
(Both Vaseline covers)
>Downer

These songs PROVE that Nirvana could punk out with the best of them!

Nirvana is a meme band, it's just fitting a meme girl would enjoy them

Sup Forums is one of the most female boards on Sup Forums

It's about as deep as pop music gets but at least it has energy. And obviously we're both just talking about Nevermind. Cut Nevermind out of Nirvana's discography and you would have a rock band that could be unironically appreciated for it's artistic merits.
>paper cuts is Nirvana's best track

Alice in Chains>Nirvana

>finally got around to listening to AiC unplugged today
Prime shit, brother man.

Damn straight.

>crime scene
lol

Sebadoh>Chains>Nirvana

come at me bro

You're not getting any cool points for this post, user. Might as well delete it now.

Kurt Cobain wished his voice was as angst ridden and heavy as Layne's

its not even a bad one.
my gf says stupid shit like this all the time because she finds math more interesting than art and is probably autistic.

>you will never hear Love, Hate, Love covered during the unplugged session.
>you got Brother, Over Now, Sludge Factory and Angry Chair which either doesn't sound much different from the studio version or don't have the structure to effectively use the unplugged gimmick.
Otherwise great album.

Punk and grunge are the exact same fucking thing.

No? Explain to me the difference then.

patrician

>Chains
'za

Is the difference between the two even that big? When nirvana came out I was mostly into punk and hardcore bands, grunge just seemed like a different style of punk to me...I guess I've never really given much thought into that though. I certainly don't care enough to get my knickers in a twist over it on a anime picture board

good taste my man

You might've gotten dubs, but this is bait, or you're dumber than a sack of hair?

Grunge is basically based on 70s rock like Aerosmith, and Led Zepplin, although Alice in Chains borrowed a lot from Black Sabbath.

Punk is based more on 60s garage rock mixed in with bands that nobody liked back then i.e. The Velvet Underground and The Fugs, also throwing in a bit of hard rock such as The MC5 and Stooges, and topping it off with a touch of glam/glitter like Slade, Sweet, Ziggy Stardust era David Bowie pre 1975 Alice Cooper,and, of course The New York Dolls.

If you think Grunge and Punk are the same, you are deaf, or ignorant, or both.

because of meme popularity from a suicide back when they were popular

same would have happened to linkin park or korn if they singer killed themselves at the height of their career

happened to nirvana though so the exposure got them remember as a brilliant band.

holy shit i though you were exaggerating

Nah

Grunge is basically Punk but reversed, slowed down, and add more distortion and classic rock beats.

Nope
Soundgarden >= Nirvana > Alice in Chains

>manufactured elements of popular culture that try to appear otherwise (bands like nirvana)
Are you retarded? How were they manufactured?

>wtf i love The Ramones, my favourite song is MMMBop.

Nevermind is really good, just the production sucks. The Devonshire mixes make the album sound so much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=0mDanFE3G1E

20 gauge shotgun.

Nirvana had plenty of punk rock songs.

Daily Reminder that Alice in Chains was barely a Grunge band, more heavy metal. So it's a disqualification.

So does everyone here. Stop putting so much value in pussy

"Grunge" isn't really a genre, the bands sound nothing like one another, it was just a label tacked onto anything blonde that came out of Seattle. Also AiC aren't really metal either, where are the metal riffs and metal drumming? I like the band plenty and I like metal but I can't see how they fit in as metal.

being gay is amazing. Just don't talk to fuckboys

I haven't listened to Nevermind in a while. I can't even tell the difference between them.

The official Nevermind mix sounds much more sterile, this mix is louder, bassier and above all the individual instruments are more dynamic. The normal version sounds like someone recorded the album playing out of a car stereo.

If you think these are anything alike, you're beyond reconciliation

Punk:
youtube.com/watch?v=UD_y44jsG0A
youtube.com/watch?v=owrVQebWCtc
youtube.com/watch?v=hw60q0wEt6g
youtube.com/watch?v=aAB6U_LiB48
youtube.com/watch?v=l7kLsDK19WM
youtube.com/watch?v=QRiZMtpvDIo

Grunge:
youtube.com/watch?v=sEKEtDTRmw0
youtube.com/watch?v=-_unV0UPGUY
youtube.com/watch?v=JpMt_YqVbhw
youtube.com/watch?v=sQOOgQtLI4M
youtube.com/watch?v=tWZ9ihZ_TUw
youtube.com/watch?v=csmybgZLK8M

Pretty much this.

You know what Alice in Chains has in common with Pantera? Both used to be Glam bands.
youtube.com/watch?v=L-gx957MEO4

There is a pattern to Grunge music that it's basically is it's own genre. Grunge has a lot of fuzz, distortion, slowed down and also more gritty vocals. I would also classify it as a mixture of punk and classic rock because there is sometimes fast and changing pinky riffs(like nirvana) while there is also more classic rock chords progressions with more traditional rock soloing( like Pearl Jam)

Black Sabbath were the OG grungers:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3NBdgLmPio

Just add raspy vocals, and make the production sound more modern, and there you have it.

Wtf didnt know AC used to be a glam band too. Fuck i cant even understand how its possible to go from this to what they became later on. Like, wtf happened? They just someday decided "ok let's stop doing this gay shit and now we're sad"

99% of all notorious music came from trends. People just played what was popular at the time.

Jesus Christ, it's as fag rock as it gets.

Nirvana are not punk rock, they are pop punk

delet

i dont want to read any of this, thanks though.

More like 100%

>after second chorus cobain plays a "solo" thats really just the vocal melody to the verse
He's only done this for two songs

That's /cgl/ /soc/ and /fa/

i kinda put AiC in the same brand as Type O Negative. Not equals but in terms of how dark it can get