Is Kendrick Lamar an actual genius?

Is Kendrick Lamar an actual genius?
How could anyone come up with such rich lyrics, rhyme schemes that rival any literature, meanwhile tackling societal issues better than most sociologists and also producing such avant garde instrumentals?
His IQ is probably in the 150s

The sad part is that this week b8 will get at least 3 more replies
>inb4 "but you replied"
Newfags really don't sage do they

>discussing the most talented songwriter of a generation passes as bait
go back to Sup Forums

he never mentioned race fagcunt

why would he imply this is bait if he wasn't a fucking racist?

because either you're baiting or you're making a mockery out of yourself

because the claims in the OP are so overblown.

>Is X an actual genius?
>He's so amazing blah blah blah

Compared to actual writers his lyrics are average at best
compared to actual sociologists he doesn't know what he's talking about
compared to actual composers his instrumentals are mediocre at best.

Don't reply to me because I won't reply to you.

You cannot be serious

>actual writers
>actual sociologists
so what? k dot does it better in every way
how many musicians released an album as masterful as TPAB in the last 60 years? not many

Is this bait?

How much retarded can you be?

kendrick is the most overrated rapper we've seen since jayz. Everything about him is trash, the way he talks with that squeeky voice, the way he stumbles around in this videos and on stage, the dimwitted answers he gives in interviews, people just eat it up because at least he doesn't talk about muh money every damn song. Hiphop fell off hard tbqh.

Jesus Christ, at least attempt to make your bait believable.

>not a single argument

>Bowie
yet another overrated white artist
people are starting to wake up to the brilliancy of black artists like K. Dot
soon they'll have their rightful place at the very top of the pyramid of music history

Nigger, please at least attempt to hide your bait

>bait

>the very top of the pyramid of music history
>a rapper
kek, is this what niggers actually believe?

>he thinks rym is evidence of an albums quality
Christ on a bike

>rhyme schemes that rival any literature
I'll bite (although with a sage), but can we see some examples?

Kendrick Lamar is a gateway rapper of the worst kind. TPAB is a bad album, his songs being clusterfucks of fake stories and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the rapper himself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The rich blacks all trying their hardest to look cool, the chains, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole gangstah faggotry and everything about the Kendrick's lyrics fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of his albums make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

TPAB is basically THE album to attract the most hated music fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this album and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Kendrick threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Wow. Black music has really fallen. You guys went from Mingus to Kendrick. Kendrick shouldn't even be in the top 200 artists ever. He's not even better than Kanye.

Mingus is still ahead of Kendrick you dip. Miles is one ahead of him too.

>1 2 3 4 5
>I am the greatest rapper alive

The word "hype" wasn't enough to describe the media assault on the sprawling 80-minute To Pimp a Butterfly (2015), another meticulously crafted album that employed legions of writers, producers and musicians (including jazz pianist Robert Glasper and jazz saxophonist Kamasi Washington). Six people wrote Wesley's Theory, including George Clinton, and four produced it, including Flying Lotus. Nine people are credited as writers for the funk-fest King Kunta, making it de facto a collage. The producers threw in more live instruments, resulting in a sound that is more revivalist than innovative, but also a sound that helps the general theatrical atmosphere. For better and for worse, The Blacker the Berry is the epitome of this emphatically pointless but fashionable avant-jazz-rap music. I begins as an olf-fashioned synth-pop hit of the 1980s before it begins to sound like a James Brown parody (with the lyrics "the number one rapper in the world" and "i love myself") accented by a jovial piano figure. The best psychodrama is possibly one of the simplest songs, the melodic funk-soul These Walls, and the best political sermon the equally straightforward funk ditty Hood Politics. But the music is secondary to the histrionics and it doesn't matter that the catchy and danceable Alright stands in opposition of the industrial beat that derails Momma, a fact that could account for at least eclecticism. This is a superficial and, ultimately, middle-of-the-road album from an artist who lacks the visceral energy of Public Enemy and Tackhead while also lacking the poetic depth of Kanye West and the musical genius of El-P. He tries to be all of them at once, but maybe he would be most credible if he were just himself: a brilliant script-writer of fictionalized real-life stories: the Christian parable How Much a Dollar Cost presents God disguised as a homeless man, and Mortal Man interviews the ghost of dead rapper 2Pac.

>life ain't shit but a fat vagina
>Boo boo
>this dick ain't free

>genius

Fuck off. Kendrick's grasp of poetic forms is amateurish at best. The fact that he's lauded as a genius by people like you is more of a testament to the defiled wasteland that rap has always been lyrics-wise than anything else. He only stands out on account of having no competition.

ITT: Pigskins in denial

The USA isn't the only place where black people make music.

>Some rhymes are bad that means the whole thing is bad

ITT: sit down bitch, be humble

I openly invite you to sort through the leaves of any worthwhile poet before embarrassing yourself by equating Lamar's unsubastantial work to Literature deserving of merit. His best lines aren't even able to lick the soles of a Byron or a Tennyson, not even a simpletons like Plath and Larkin. It's people the likes of you who made it possible for non-poets such as Dylan to receive a nobel.

>genius
I love kendrick, listen to him daily, and I wouldn't say he's a genius. I think he has a natural talent for storytelling, and that if he was white, he would be a singer/songwriter lauded as much as sufjan

His poetic form is rudimentary, tbqh
Production is good, but he doesn't produce.
He's a storyteller.

I wouldn't call Bob Dylan a genius, at least if we're using IQ as the only metric for genius.

And it's people like you who would be harping on Rimbaud and the idea of free verse back in the day.

Did Plath or Byron ever make a rap album

Not at all. You appear to believe my claims happen to stem from a retrogade perspective grounded on traditionalism, which couldn't be any further from the truth. I do not despise Kendrick's work on account of it being "different," as it isn't even revolutionary, yet so many people, you included, openly believe it is without being able to articulate what makes his work so refreshing. If anything, his work is outright dull and unimpressive when compared to Rimbaud's. He's simply better at regurgitating well-known poetic techniques and contriving a story than his contemproaries. Regardless of what you and others may claim, his work isn't tantamaunt to Rimbaud's or that of any other great innovator such as Surrey or Eliot.

YO YO JOIN THE 320000 WORD UP

I was commenting on your critique of Dylan getting a Noble, really. Which Christopher Ricks, the most accomplished Eliot critic and biographer would disagree with.
>Literary critic Christopher Ricks published Dylan's Visions of Sin, a 500-page analysis of Dylan's work,[463] and has said: "I’d not have written a book about Dylan, to stand alongside my books on Milton and Keats, Tennyson and T.S. Eliot, if I didn’t think Dylan a genius of and with language.[464]

Wouldn't say he's a genius but I think he's a lot deeper (and possibly smarter) than most people in his genre. Also has great taste and hires killer studio musicians.

Ah, I see. I genuinely tank you for the indirect recommendation, as I've wondered for some time why it is that people regard him as worthy of being equated to Eliot et al. I'll sure acquire said book.

A genius wouldn't be wasting his time writing shit like that. He's retarded and so are his white 15 year old fans.

You can't write his shit. Does that mean you are a level below retarded?

I know something about you, OP: You don't read literature, much less poems or sociology essays, and you only listen to hip hop and maybe pop.

>Rhyme Schemes
Lmao this guy

These lyrics are used to mock drake.

I love when kendrick haters use these lyrics because they are so wrong
GOAT

If I'm not writing shit like Kendrick's lyrics, it's by choice. It's like reading a John Green novel. The only difference is that John Green fans are aware that they're consuming something written for 16 year olds instead of making >2deep4u threads on an imageboard all fucking day.

He's talented, but his rhymes aren't deep in any way you retard, bet you think video game stories are deep and engrossing as well, faggot.

I can't believe BOTH GKMC and TPAB are rated ABOVE Illinois by Sufjan Stevens. How the FUCK is K-Dot in any way better than Suf?
Sufjan literally made a song in 11/8 time signature.
Oh, and by the way, Kenny's Instrumentals are hardly "avant-garde".
I love both GKMC and TPAB, but get fucked.

this nigger doesn't even write his own shit

I would just like to say, if you are a white male and listen to Kendrick Lamar, you are absolutely cucked by niggers and should feel ashamed of yourself

>to pimp a butterfly rated better than good kid maad city
Its painfully apparent to understand how and why that list is pure garbo

He's okay.

>Any songwriter
>"Genius"

>cucked
>niggers