Is Rock Dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKjzM8zKCt0
youtube.com/watch?v=xTyIF_sjDlY
youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Irrelevant to the mainstream =/= dead
Several underground scenes are thriving creatively at the moment

it seems to be more polarized these days, so you'll either get harcore metal/punk or softrock. the genre is just evolving past what we think of as rock music.

I guess Jerry is technically the last person around still making "grunge" music.

youtube.com/watch?v=GKjzM8zKCt0

No and the fact that it's going underground more means it'll break it's loop of stagnation sooner than later

Loveless was the last rock masterpiece. No rock album has equaled it since, and hip-hop has consequently emerged as the dominant genre in popular music.

nothing dies only changes

No hip hop album has ever been good

Yeah but nobody has a made a phenomenal hip hop album yet

>There's never been a good Jazz album
>There's never been a good Rock album
>There's never been a good Folk album
>There's never been a good Punk album

This is how retarded you sound.

>Loveless was the last rock masterpiece
Fucking puh-leez.

Paul's Boutique, Illmatic and MBDTF are masterpieces of Hip Hop, regardless of whether or not you like the genre

Name a subsequent rock album that you consider a masterpiece.

>inb4 OK Computer

It doesn't matter what I put, since you'll just call it shit.
Honestly though, I dislike Radiohead. Never got into them.

Why would you assume I'd call it shit? If you really believed in your argument you would try to substantiate it.

Fair enough.

lol no

Lol yes

That's a good album, but it's no masterpiece on the level of Loveless or Pet Sounds

>le reupholster album
>masterpiece

name em bud.

It's been mainstream dead since pic related.

But Underground is still thriving, and might make a comback in the future(and no, not the feminist, virtue signalling faggy """"""indie""""" rock).

youtube.com/watch?v=xTyIF_sjDlY

I respectfully disagree.

>steve albini wannabe nirvana rejects
>thriving
lol

You gotta admit, the song is pretty ok. I might be a little more bias since I love grungey type music.

yeah its good.

>I don't like that underground scenes are thriving hwjskgkdhanfldkahxb
Love fashion and having shit taste

Loveless was the last masterpiece in general. Nothing has come close since.

Those are nirvana rejects, tho to be fair they would be a lot better than SilverChair and would have gotten publicity if this was the 90s.

Anyone want to hear a Led Zeppelin wannabe?
youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

>>>/reddit/
>>>/anywhere-but-here/

>3 ppl supporting them on bandcamp
>thriving
i guess my band is thriving also!

So are you just jealous they got a better music video then you? LMAO

>he thinks there's been anything close to loveless in the the last twenty five years
lmao dude

no im happy for them!

>"I got this much of shit taste, and I'm proud"
What in the absolute fuck are you doing?

By thriving, I meant people were still making good songs. These guys are small fry, but if they were to sign up with a bigger label they would get seen.

>still can't post an album bttr than loveless
lmao

loveless is so fucking overrated here, jesus

Just because you don't think it's better doesn't make it objective fact.
Quit being narcissistic.

its well and truly alive in Australia - definitely a scene worth checking out if youre into rock

>still no albums
lmao

Lawls I heard this band on the radio the other day. They should just give up and be a cover band.

It's a meme album, what do you expect? To be honest it barely qualifies as rock music so dunno why it's being held up as the "last great rock album".

Fucking this

Stop self promoting, it's depressing

Course it is. I mean indie as a concept was doomed from the start but right now rock is in an especially bad slump, mainly because there hasn't been any cultural changes that would result in the creation of entirely new sounds. It's still angry kids in the Appalachian and Rockies and sheltered sad kids in the suburbs and "deep" existential kids in the cities all singing about falling in love.

Most of the progress hip hop's made has come from the rise of kids dicking around with soundsystems enough and seeing what sticks.

Screencap this: The next big "thing" in rock will come from the internet. The success of a few solo projects will prompt a huge goldrush into music creation, and scenes will form around that, scenes based not from area or demographic but by website and community. We'll have a "Tumblr music" scene much like there is an easily distinguishable "Tumblr art style".

It's not shilling, m8. Credit where credit is due.

>The next big "thing" in rock will come from the internet. The success of a few solo projects will prompt a huge goldrush into music creation, and scenes will form around that, scenes based not from area or demographic but by website and community. We'll have a "Tumblr music" scene much like there is an easily distinguishable "Tumblr art style".
>tumblr style
Fuck...

I do wonder that the next sound sound will sound like? Will it be more depressing?Cheery? angst?