GOD IS DEAD

GOD IS DEAD
AND NO ONE CARES

I literally just listened to the entire NiN back catalogue for the first time in one sitting (excluding the remix albums)
ama

Why do you think anyone will ask you anything or give a shit in any sort of way?

I asked because I'm JUST finishing the last track of their latest EP, having started listening to Pretty Hate Machine about 12 hours ago. Thought it was a weird enough coincidence just to put that out there.

Do you have good enough taste to consider Pretty Hate Machine and The Fragile as the two best albums?

It is a weird coincidence, and we could ask you many questions. That other guy is just whining a bitch because being an ass wipe is a totally "cool" thing to do on here, rather than discussing music, God forbid.

So I guess you enjoyed it. What's your favorite release?

Why did you do it? NIN are cool I guess but eveything in one go?

Any songs from one album sounding like they should be on the album before?

The Fragile was definitely the most consistent, and I liked the catchiness of Pretty Hate Machine; but the second half of The Downward Spiral was outstanding. I liked Year Zero & Hesitation Marks too.

I've been listening to the entire discographies of artists I've been putting off recently, and seeing the new EP being released made me want to take the plunge. I have the day off work so I thought I'd listen

The Fragile, I think. TDS had my favourite individual moments though.

I couldn't really tell you. I don't think listening to each album once back-to-back is enough time to really formulate ideas like that.

Do you know concepts of TDS and The Fragile? The albums are even better when you know nothing there is random.

Trent himself says he hates fans trying to imagine everything he does as a "concept album" and mostly he just makes beats that sound good to him and then chucks some lyrics together.

Yeah but he said these 2 albums are "concept albums"

Hey im Tront.

I hope you guys liked my new EP.

hey tront. i enjoyed the ep very much :)

then those two albums are TDS and Zero Zero

The Fragile has a theme which reflects where he is at the time no doubt, as do the the rest of the albums he makes, but it's not a impersonal story like TDS and Zero were

year zero.

what the fuck.

Which remix album was better, FDTS or TDS SACD-edition disk 2?

>I'm going back

Am I crazy to think that every version on ...And All That Could Have Been sound way better than the studio versions. That version of Hurt is unbeatable, even by Johnny Cash.

"I wanted this album to sound like there was something inherently flawed in the situation, like someone struggling to put the pieces together. Downward Spiral was about peeling off layers and arriving at a naked, ugly end. This album starts at the end, then attempts to create order from chaos, but never reaches the goal."

Thanks. I worked hard on it.

:)