Bandcamp

QOTD: Have you improved or become worse since your first album?

Other urls found in this thread:

varsas.bandcamp.com/album/f-radt-a-hegy
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/18-07-2017-very-raw-demo
ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-3
thevexproject.bandcamp.com/album/february-fever-ep
wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep
clyp.bandcamp.com/album/georgie-plays-the-greats-a-cover-album-by-the-great-clyp
calebchase.bandcamp.com/
retrieval.bandcamp.com/
yamir.bandcamp.com/
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/mullv-d
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p
erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/winter-beats
soundcloud.com/k39sound/tracks
k-39.bandcamp.com/
scrugley.bandcamp.com/
deniskaldesnoen.bandcamp.com/
expandingsponge.bandcamp.com/album/wait-what-drier-than-sea
bluefloyd.bandcamp.com/album/ep-1
goldenhymns.bandcamp.com/track/i-wont-return
bouri.bandcamp.com/
mrshopewell.bandcamp.com/album/im-the-best-loner-there-is
heavymeddle.bandcamp.com/album/tezeta
cawser.bandcamp.com/album/territories-of-japan
violentdreams.bandcamp.com/releases
pillow187.bandcamp.com/album/versace-rigamortis
ripseshfurr.bandcamp.com/album/all-hail-the-snail
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FÁRADT A HEGY is finally here:
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/f-radt-a-hegy
>psychedelic noise
>harsh noise
>drone metal
>industrial
>ambient

One hour of music for the fans of Ramleh, Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music and Boris
I'd love to hear your thoughts, regardless of how much you hated or liked it.

>Have you improved or become worse
It depends of what type of noise music you like, if you hate noise, then it doesn't even matter

leftinthesun.bandcamp.com

>kinda shoegaze
>kinda post rock
>sort of post punk(?)
>we dont really know what genre this is so feel free to label us

my bands first ever recorded or even written music, hope anyone enjoys

>qotd
we havent even finished our first album yet but with the plans we have, theres a pretty clear, mostly linear path of improvement, which is exciting for me at least

Last thread was... quite efficient actually.

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/18-07-2017-very-raw-demo
>Newest
>Ambient and occasional singer-songwriter
>Stuff of various qualities and quantity
>Tired of Epiglottis thingy
>I want to eat a nice slice of cheese

>QOTD
Pretty subjective. IMHO I'm way, WAY worse compared to the few previous releases. Others will disagree. Either way, nobody cares.

ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-3

> rural psychedelia, lo fi, portastudio, drone, ambient, bedroom recordings

>qotd
worse?

I'd say extremely. Since I self produce I say in regards to production quietly and song writing I think I'm only getting better. Hope this is true in the real world and not just my mind.

thevexproject.bandcamp.com/album/february-fever-ep
>Post Rock
>Indie
>Math Rock
>Emo

>QOTD: Have you improved or become worse since your first album?

I'd like to think considerably better. I'm surprised anyone is saying worse.

wattersonjams.bandcamp.com/album/feel-good-forever
>shoegaze with 90s emo influences
>ffo have a nice life, alex g, duster
>it's free so can't hurt to take it

Back for feedback/recs later

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec

clyp.bandcamp.com/album/georgie-plays-the-greats-a-cover-album-by-the-great-clyp
Do you like old men? They like us. This is the newest, from the group Clyp. It was recorded outside a band members apartment sometime in mid June of this year, and is a straight raw recording of this nice old geezer who came up to us and asked to play our guitars, we were soon in awe of his rhythmic ability and general air of swagger. We then asked if we could record him, he agreed with haste...so enjoy : Georgie Plays The Greats!

>radiohead cover, smashing pumpkins cover, The Vapors, Cindarella, etc
>recorded outside
>novelty, its only 8 minutes so give us a shot

my favorites of the thread

calebchase.bandcamp.com/

>bedroom pop, dark ambient

Q:
A: I dont think its improved in any way other than that its more diverse. My early stuff I think has broader appeal. I spend a lot less time on tracks now. Usually I whip something out in a few hours in one sitting. On my early 2010-2013 stuff I would spend months on a guitar part I liked and then build arrangements around it. I think I cant play guitar as well anymore because I spend less time with it too.

forgot the QOTD, this is miles ahead lol

retrieval.bandcamp.com/

>shoegaze
>dream pop
>fuzz
>reverb

N E W A L B U M

Yes, production wise especially.

Recs

Ohh, I get the joke - it's so silent it's almost avantgarde in it's execution! Extreme swag. Would not listen again/10.

its just supposed to be fun you can try bumping up the volume

Why should I make an effort if you can't make one? Seems counterproductive at best...
Still waiting for that magnum opus tho.

thats just how it was recorded didn't wanna fuck with it, and check our release schedule. some big names coming in on the june release of next year

in addition to the question but unrelated to this work. my band will probably never be as good as our first tape. as it was so personal and powerful as a dynamics between our bandmates because of the points in our lives. just jamming in out basement drinking and doing drugs. we might make something more musically or sonically concise but I think theres an eneregy that would never be recaptured.

im going to retire from the threads for a little, will be doing life stuff and working on some music maybe. i feel bad for alienating what little fans i had from the rock/ambient stuff and just going off to a complete different style, but oh well. one day i'll make another rock album, for now i'll be venturing off elsewhere.

yamir.bandcamp.com/
>noise rock, experimental rock
>ambient, spacey reverb stuff with guitars and every sine wave imaginable
>also a "microhouse" or "minimal techno" EP if youre more into electronic music
>physical copies at: cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/mullv-d

Read an interview conducted by Jakub Tabor! read if you like to make fun of poseurs
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1

>I want to rate your music!
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_

>I want to listen to you on Spotify!
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p

at first i greatly improved then i shit the bed and now im just making bleeps so idk

rec

I have to agree with Aer here. I can't really listen to your album because I just can't set the volume high enough to make it sound like an acoustic guitar recording and not lowercase

maybe itll be a hit if i just bump up the vol..need new income my investments have been unwise

>leftinthesun.bandcamp.com
Sounds really post punk

I've definitely improved a lot, although I feel like I accidentally struck audacity edgelord gold a couple times back there.

NEW ALBUM: erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/album/winter-beats

>Minimal Techno
>Optimist-House
>FM8core

No time for feedback right now, possibly later today. love all of you.

rec

soundcloud.com/k39sound/tracks

spotify:artist:2uqxCIOylY8yLlI14CvvWe

k-39.bandcamp.com/

K-39

>Ritual/spiritual
>Downtempo
>space
>experimental

>spotify

scrugley.bandcamp.com/

>melancholic sounds
>each release its different
>one man band
>argentina

reccing
10/10

Already listened, probably posting a review somewhere in the near future.

dying already?

rip
I don't really know what to write to this thread, I'm stuck listening to early Epiglottis albums since he said he used to be better than now

To clarify - I would say that I was better at the beginning of this year than I am right now.

Iunno, Seasongs is just perfectly textured for me
May I ask how did you achieve the sound or what are the source audios that you looped?

deniskaldesnoen.bandcamp.com/

>ambient black metal
>burzum
>dark ambient
>silent hill

>Have you improved or become worse since your first album?

that's really hard...
i think better? but it's really a perspective thing, i used to write some pretty crazy time sig fuckery.

expandingsponge.bandcamp.com/album/wait-what-drier-than-sea
>first album, post/prog rock
>midi/guitar pro based
>i really liked tool.

Glad you liked it. Honestly I do believe that this could be done it better and the general audience of people didn't liked it in the live setting so I feel like this is more of a fail. I'm still fighting for it to become my natural live setup for any (im)possible live shows but whatever.
How I "achieved" this sound was basically an experimentation. I used the same system I used for Removal only now I've added additional elements to the mix (mostly compression and EQs for each of the looped tracks). Basically the process went like this - got myself up to three loops for each track, roughly around 8-10 seconds in length. For each track I made one to be on tape and the rest were digital. Then I pitched them so they would get a tiny bit longer and lower so they would be combined together more easily. Then they went through the system of reverbs+delays+compressions so they would sound kind of muffled. As the track were progressing I, in real time, started to fuck around with reverbs and delays, applying some noise and pitch corrections (for example - on the first track one loop starts to degrade because of the heavy pitch correction to the note in the different octave so it sounds like it is disrupting itself in a way, always unable to reach that pitch). Made them play until I feel it's enough. Hence and repeat the whole process.
As to audio sources - I would say 60% of the loops were piano loops which I've recorded myself. There is a loop on the second track of the grasshoppers which I "noised" up a bit. The choral part on the third track came from old recordings of the Orthodoxy chant (would have to double check the title of it; mostly because I've used the part with no words in it). To some - I wouldn't like to share all of the secrets so some of the source audios I want to make ambiguous.

bluefloyd.bandcamp.com/album/ep-1

>future shit
>fun shit
>various modern electronic

been sitting on most of these tracks for a year or so, may as well give them away

>improved or become worse since my first album
this is my first album under this pseudonym, but i've improved pretty steadily in terms of production skill and creativity, less so regarding output.

Since my first album i'll actually turn down songs instead of 'get to 40 minutes of material and say DONE'

goldenhymns.bandcamp.com/track/i-wont-return
>>Post-Rock
>>Big Guitars

---

I really like the instrumentation (never liked this kind of vocals, not your fault s0z)

Sounds like it was recorded in a wind tunnel at times (which I like)

bouri.bandcamp.com/
>Noise rock
>Lo-fi
>sociopaths experimenting
Recs:
(will do in a bit)

mrshopewell.bandcamp.com/album/im-the-best-loner-there-is

>slacker pop
>lofi

Just put this up today

>improved or worse
I personally think improved but my sound and aims have evolved so I'm sure some people who might come across it would say it's gotten worse.

I'm not a fan at all of hyper-sidechained-supersawshit but you've definitely got the sound and composition of it down. Just need to practice with mixing/mastering.

It doesn't have anything to do with black metal, Burzum, not even fucking dark ambient
All I heard was the worst type of midicore, with clipping audio, dissonant boring melodies, trash sound. It all sounds like it was made with a 5 dollar keyboard.
It's nothing but senseless random sounds the average 10 year-old puts on Soundcloud and calls it "idk song i made in fl studio xd"

Oh boy, this tape/effect fuckery definitely did your sound a justice
Make more of this

heavymeddle.bandcamp.com/album/tezeta

new full length beat tape
interview in description

>lo-fi hip hop
>warped

improved a thousand fold imo

somehow I can get behind this
it's trash but good trash - I enjoy the recording quality most. What'd you use?

You are not ready for the final Epiglottis album, are you?

cawser.bandcamp.com/album/territories-of-japan

>Guitar loops, feedback etc.
>noise
>noise rock

>QOTD
Probably worse i still think this is my faviourite album i've made

violentdreams.bandcamp.com/releases
>Shoegaze
>Dream Pop
>Female Vox

First release so would be great to get some feedback.

Reccs:

There is no such thing as final unless you die, polakboy

unfortunately suffers from especially amateurish mixing and production that make some moments really shrill and tough to listen to. oftentimes the drums and guitar are annoyingly off-tempo. the song "four interlude" is a pretty annoying cut, being that it's essentially a non-idea stretched out for about two minutes. overall i get the sense that there aren't any substantial musical ideas worth returning to on the whole ep, and the ideas that do stick out are immediately negated by how poorly they're produced. this doesn't really have much potential.

has good ideas on paper. blending rural folk and psych that progress at a glacial pace and stuttering drones slumber in the background. the tone is similar to that of a newer earth record (the bees made honey in the lion's skull) with a stronger emphasis on the drones and psych. in practice, however, the lo-fi production and lack of attention to proper mixing creates similar setbacks as they did in the project above. regardless, i still love the interesting use of tape loops and instrumentation. i would invest in better materials to record/perform with.

has a refreshingly clean production that still maintains somewhat of a bedroom aesthetic. the songwriting is varied and detailed enough to justify the song lengths, and the varying melodic patterns of the vocalist combine with competent songwriting to make for some interesting tracks. at worst the songs feel campy and wallow a bit to heavily in the low-key teenage angst even for an emo record, at best the instrumentation and tight performances are impassioned and memorable. whether it's unique enough to stand out in the indie-rock landscape is another different story. but i would be perfectly happy returning to this ep, and i recommend it.

is pretty solid stuff. the musicianship is clearly there. the production is smooth. i think most people would be turned off by how heavily it straddles typical shoegaze cliches.

Who said I won't? :^)

pillow187.bandcamp.com/album/versace-rigamortis

>experimental
>trip hop
>indie psych grunge
>industrial

Latest album.

Yes, I'm finally singing on my beats now

noice. Would browse, would not buy tho

also who's the blond haired girl in some of the album artwork?

occasionally harks back to the golden era of royal trux, albeit with much less creativity and layering. most of the compositions are feature a pretty small amount of instruments. with more money and perhaps more inspiration this project could go somewhere, but for now it does little to step outside the sterile landscape of "experimental" bandcamp-core.

and that's all i'm giving feedback on today guys. thanks for providing your work for me to listen to! love you all smooch smooch

This is fun and weird, not much to say but keep doing what you're doing. Not big on the distorted vocals, but i'll keep on listening.

Put an album together finally
>garage rock
>lo fi
>surf punk

ripseshfurr.bandcamp.com/album/all-hail-the-snail

>QOTD
This is my first album and its pretty shitty, so I hope I get better. I'm certainly gonna try to improve.

This is pretty cool man! Totally a sucker for indie rock. Very raw and authentic, nice work!

Thanks for the feedback
She's Lia Marie Johnson btw

>feedback
I hope that was fucking pun intended

bumpo