This is Boyd Rice. Say something nice about him!

This is Boyd Rice. Say something nice about him!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TGDAxPXK_R4
youtube.com/watch?v=LkjEsr64dC8&t=38s
youtube.com/watch?v=-4suhp5QNpE&t=384s
imdb.com/title/tt1827439/
youtube.com/watch?v=q5qAEbxI2PM
youtube.com/channel/UCp-hYw-Lr5YpPfVcz33u8Hw
youtu.be/yPWrnWQMJo0
youtu.be/_yNfiC2VAxc
youtube.com/watch?v=qaBPJU9yfLQ
popmatters.com/column/art-sex-music-cosey-fanni-tutti-life-as-avant-garde-artist-with-genesis-p/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get more exercise and eat more fruit you might live longer

Joke's on you, I AM a fruit!

my dad's a vegetable

His collabs with DiJ are really good

Boyd Rice?
More like boiled rice!

he sucks

Does he suck well though?

I love you daddy
( music is good too)

Go back to your shitty hawaiian bar

old fart

hey that's not nice

Dear Boyd,

I like you and I like your sounds. However, if we should ever meet I am going to punch you in the face really hard. You are right, there is no place in this world for the weak. You are a weak faggot.

Best,
a fan

>You are a weak faggot
is he actually a faggot? I know pearce is

only a hetero white male could write Total War

well, he did couple of stuff with Hirsute Pursuit, which is even too faggoted for me. I think he really likes dicks.

Fair enough. i just assume most people form the original days of industrial, neo-folk, all that jazz are pretty gay

Genesis P is not though

He's probably bi, he had lots of girlfriends. Watch the documentary Larry Wessel made about him, there's a part where Anton LaVey's son talks about how Boyd banged his mom after LaVey's death.

gen is on that next level hermaphrodite shit. reminds me i got some psychic tv back catalog to catch up with

P-Orridge is a pathetic acid casualty in his own right. He's an Al Jourgensen-tier brain-fried druggie loser.

they do love liquid ecstasy
youtube.com/watch?v=TGDAxPXK_R4

ketamine*

go for it! took me quite some years to appreciate ptv though

>Genesis P-Orridge is now doing wacky novelty videos for Pitchfork

And I thought he couldn't fall any lower lmao.

Gen is very strange and fucked up but I like him best out of that whole scene.

towards thee infinite beta is my favorite right now, it's just so fucking good
youtube.com/watch?v=LkjEsr64dC8&t=38s
psychic tv interview is lit tho,Edley Odowd is a QT
youtube.com/watch?v=-4suhp5QNpE&t=384s

eddy just got married to his long term bf too i think recently? I bought his sweet artbook not to long ago

>Gen is very strange and fucked up but I like him best out of that whole scene.

That's because much of his personal history has been whitewashed out of existence and too many people are willing to play along with his "wise old hippie" schtick instead of just calling him out on being a brain-damaged egomaniac.
In reality the guy is a pathological liar and a nigh-on sociopath, and has been known to be those things for ages. The guys from Whitehouse were ragging on him as far back as the early 80s.

Cosey's recent autobiography works very well as an expose of what a broken cretin P-Orridge is, but nobody major is willing to touch upon the subject thanks to the guy's holy cow status and the fact that his gender-related fuckery gives him extra immunity from criticism in the current cultural climate.

Dougie is best. Look, what a cutie. Dougie Dougie Dougie.

name of autobiography? love reading shit about the early industrial scene

> ywn cuddle with douglas P and read mishima together and talk about homoerotic art from the Elizabethan era

Art Sex Music. Just came out a few months ago.

nice.will read.

hmmm who's more correct, Wreckers of Civilization or coesy? although i'm sure they did force her to do all the chores for them.

>In reality the guy is a pathological liar and a nigh-on sociopath, and has been known to be those things for ages.

Putting it that way actually makes him into a somewhat sympathetic figure for me.

growing up in the trashy poor ghetto ares of England can fuck you up m8. that's why were " blessed" with industrial music to begin with,.

>His continual griping and posturing and bitching and rationalising and whingeing and namechecking and boasting says a lot more about him than it does about anyone else: a subtext of why he doesn't get the recognition and public love for everything that, at least in his own addled moral worldview, he feels he's invented or achieved, and donated to the world.
>The ironic and disappointing truth is that he's not a man in drag at all, I really wish he was. He's Nicholas Fairbairn with piercings.

William Bennett on Gen

R O A S T E D

>growing up in the trashy poor ghetto ares of England can fuck you up m8.
People like that learn to lie and cheat and steal their way everywhere. I've dealt with my fair share, and dealt my fair share.

why live
it's sad but true

Anybody in here watched this? imdb.com/title/tt1827439/

I literally said so here Anything specific you want to know? Really cool movie, Larry Wessel has his own style which is a little weird in the beginning but it's worth it. Flows very nicely once you get into it. Makes Boyd out as a likeable satanic clown.

He looks like a a goofy teenager

>Makes Boyd out as a likable satanic clown
that's literally what he is

Here's a screenshot of a photo of Boyd as a goofy teenager with blue hair from the movie.

he's got some big ass eyebrows

His glam years

did he work on this song because this is my favorite Di6 song
youtube.com/watch?v=q5qAEbxI2PM

No. Really is one of DI6's best songs though. Took me years to listen to all of their discography, you know your shit or want some recs? Oh wait, there is now a thread for this:

His new boy toy is gorgeous

I'd gladly take some recs just got into them pretty recently

indeed

Everything that /dark/ likes is embarrassing to me

How do you people like this shit

He doesn, doesn't he? That's Miro Snejdr, they've been together for some years. Snejdr is the piano man behind Peaceful Snow and Lounge Corps.

Ooh, nice! I take it you've listened to Roseclouds and But What Ends? One often overlooked gem is Black Whole Of Love which features four beautiful versions of the same song and a bunch of Roseclouds/Symbols versions. Lesson 1: Misanthropy is a great album for early DI6 sound and features all the songs of their first album, The Guilty Have No Pride, in much tighter and harder versions. Oh How We Laughed is also great for historical purposes, a very early concert recording where the song Til The Living Flesh Is Burned is still called Knives (after the night of long knives). People tend to recommend Nada! to first-timers but I think most compositions off that album are better represented by their respective versions on 93 Dead Sunwheels, although some songs are missing (most of the good ones are present anway). Two releases I only listened to very late that I love a lot are Alarm Agents (a collaboration with Boyd Rice providing the lyrics and some noise, Get Used To Saying No being the standout track although there are other good songs) and Kapo! which goes a little overboard with versions of the same song thing but hey, the few songs it has are still pretty good and Symbols/Clouds-like. Speaking of which, there is a Symbols/Clouds box set that features stripped down re-recordings that give the songs new energy once you listened to the two albums too man times. Lastly, there are surface level gems like The Rule Of Thirds and The Snow Bunker Tapes which are similar to the re-recordings. Also, one thing to note is that there are two versions of the The Cathedral Of Tears EP, only one of which features the actual title track while the other one has a weird drony version. Also, listen to the main album canon obviously, Brown Book I think is the most relatable coming off of their 90s stuff.

Oh, and give the Der Blutharsch collabs some time to grow on you. Here's a concrete list of what to listen to next if you like Symbols and Roseclouds:
>Black Whole Of Love
>The Cathedral Of Tears (1993)
>Symbols & Clouds Re-Recordings
>Alarm Agents
>All Pigs Must Die
>The Rule Of Thirds
>The Snow Bunker Tapes
this concludes their purely folk-ish releases.

To shatter your idea of what DI6 sounds like, continue with
>Lesson 1: Misanthropy
>Take Care And Control
>Brown Book
>93 Dead Sunwheels
>Östenbräün
>Peaceful Snow
I've mixed up the chronology a bit to keep things interesting. Afterwards, just explore on your own. Remember that Dougie's discography is huge and you'll need ~40 releases to have all unique versions of all songs.

Is this some Christgau's relative? A lot of words, but saying nothing of substance.

Any thoughts one these guys
I quite like thier cover versions
youtube.com/channel/UCp-hYw-Lr5YpPfVcz33u8Hw

I love their version of The Sign, their other songs I listened to a lot and just feel kind of indifferent towards now that the novelty has worn off. Also, look: Neofolk General!

She surely doesn't sound like a pathological liar or a sociopath to me, despite the music. On the other hand, people like these legitimately scare me.
youtu.be/yPWrnWQMJo0
youtu.be/_yNfiC2VAxc
Did Cosey or anyone else for that matter have to say anything specific about her? I'm not defending her, I'm simply fascinated and inspired by such a person, not to mention the whole band of non musicians who pioneered a genre of music and new technology.

I know is Miro, and they were making out after the show in London last year
Well, not wildly making out, just kisses, but cleary couple-kisses

They really are the cutest couple.

I've never visited /dark/ threads before, but if I had to guess - they like bands like The Cure, some black metal, dark ambient and industrial? I'm not a metal fan, but although some industrial bands, namely the pioneers Throbbing Gristle became dated a long time ago, part of the reasons for appreciation are here:

I just love industrial, the screeches, the raw sounds. i grew up near a warehouse and my parents were carnies who would set up the rides at a carnival and often when i was little i'd go with them to the giant, spooky musty warehouses and see all the broken down shit and see it built. I guess it just makes me think of that. it's the best genre I M O
youtube.com/watch?v=qaBPJU9yfLQ
c-cute!

>tfw traitorous Bunting is scheming with three piggies against you

>SPK
Good choice. One of the shining examples of the genre. If you want truly horrifying and dark music in other genres, I'd definitely recommend Schoenberg and Webern. If Gen's life is fascinating, research Webern's life and listen to his music after that. Best of luck.

Bennett's reviews on music and film are hilarious even though I disagree with a ton of it (who the fuck hands out 4/5 and 5/5 reviews to Saw movies?)

He's completely clear and not particularly wordy. Maybe you should have graduated high school instead of sniffing glue.

>He's completely clear and not particularly wordy. Maybe you should have graduated high school instead of sniffing glue.
Why are you so mad? I was just asking for more information. Everyone is apparently affraid to expose such a monster, although no one goes beyond personal attacks. Nothing specific. Care to provide more?

here read all about the truth of gen with a light synopsis of cosey's book
popmatters.com/column/art-sex-music-cosey-fanni-tutti-life-as-avant-garde-artist-with-genesis-p/

Interesting, although I expected far worse from what I've heard Gen described here. She was a victim of abuse too and it seems that Cosey was the mature one in the band, that's all. They were kids, obviously troubled ones at that. Gen definitely has an ego and perhaps still acts like a child, which is dissapointing to find out about musicians whose work you respect.