Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HslyhbDx-io
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fucking awful trite

stay in your fucking containment thread

I enjoy it but I'm not really deep into the genre or metal in general

metal for hipsters

DUDE

Maybe 7 years ago when this shit was huge on Sup Forums and we'd have daily stoner/sludge/drone threads.

Good shit, OP. Check out Monolord if you haven't.

WEED

It's a good start.

>like three riffs over the course of an hour
How is this good again

Atmosphere

The drum solos though

You need to smoke weed in order to get it

I like this band but it's pretty much the only thing I like

One trick pony
Conan is really good tho

How is it a one-trick pony when so many bands in the genre sound nothing alike?

Dude fuzz pedal lmao
Give me stoner bands that sound nothing alike tho, I'm curious

How do Dopethrone and Welcome to Sky Valley sound the same?

Distorted sabbath riffs played slow
I'm not hating on the genre dude, it's just that I got tired of it really quickly, and that it's one of the less diverse subgenre along with sludge

Yes there are doom metal riffs but if other than that you can't tell how Dopethrone and Kyuss sound completely different there's something wrong with you.

Also
>sludge not diverse
>implying Grief sounds like Acid Bath sounds like Isis

I like Om, specially Conference of the Birds and Advaitic Songs, is there anything else like it?

Acid bath is nu-metal
Grief does not sound like isis, but it does sound like weedeater, buzzoven, eyehategod, open tomb, meth drinker, crowbar, and others
Isis sounds like other atmosludge bands that I don't remember the name of cause atmosludge's not my thing
Again, I like those genres

Batushka-litourgiya has the same orthodox gimmick mixed with black metal
It's good but overrated

Echthros-iyov has the same orthodox gimmick mixed with doom, spoken word and other things
It's really weird, i love it but you might hate it

I love a lot of crust/sludge bands like Light Bearer, and stoner bands like Electric Wizard and Kylesa, and sludge bands like Eyehategod are classic. That said, on average the genre feels a little too insubstantial and "cool." I like emotive, cathartic music, so the attitude of a lot of sludge bands, that they're just gonna play dumb rock n roll and act cool, leaves me cold.

What do I listen to next if Come My Fanatics is my favourite Wizard album?

Eh Bathuska doesn't sound like Om to me

BRO POT LOL

Well obviously, it's not the same subgenre
They do both use gregorian chants

Try Acid King - Buses Wood

ELDER
L
D
E
R

The best bands are the ones that either time their rhythm section grooves perfectly with the guitar riffs to make the heaviest parts possible or the one that are creative enough to outside the power chords + bluesy single string riffs that otherwise dominate the genre. So I enjoy a band like Kyuss, but don't really like a band like Electric Wizard that relies way too much on their guitar tones to do the heaviness for them. I look at the genre as less "dude weed lmao" and more "groove metal but with more interesting riffs".

Does anyone have those ironic anti-weed rage comics?

>like Lore but don't like that album
Maybe I will listen to it more and it will click with me

>Acid bath is nu-metal

Now that's just retarded.

Boring

It's become over-saturated with bands doing the same thing over and over again.

Stoner metal has some incredible peaks like Dopethrone, Dopesmoker and OM. But once you have listened to that, everything is more a less a deriviation of Sleep and Electric Wizard with a bit of Black Sabbath worship

Do you mean the state of modern stoner or stoner as a whole? Your trip makes me think that you mean modern

I liked Advaitic Songs until the guitar and vocals came in. Same with everything Om. Damn shame

Kyuss sounds exactly like Melvins am I doin it right?

THIS

SOMETIMES WHEN I FEEL

>I don't care, this world means nothing. Life has no meaning, my feelings are numb

send link for .rar plox

Its great

youtube.com/watch?v=HslyhbDx-io

I enjoy it but it's pretty one dimensional

I'm weirdly obsessed about this album, and other Doom Metal/Rock Albums. Like Sunn, Earth, etc....

I think it's pretty amazing how some bands are really trying to record in a much more loose way than trying to be super tight, giving an even more human feeling. I listened to it really when I feel shitty.

I listen OM to sleep