Dream Pop General

There is Nothing you can say or post to prove to me that this isn't the Greatest Dream Pop Album of All Time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3diz8I0AVVk
youtube.com/watch?v=-xc88_vdqBw
youtube.com/watch?v=WybSSagVvoU
youtube.com/watch?v=E4VJAyu4KNI
youtube.com/watch?v=4Fwi7mysiAY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The best at two genres

Bloom is better, and Bloom isn't even the best dream pop album. That's Heaven or Las Vegas.

not even their best album and their whole career is copied from cocteau twins anyway. i still like them tho

I love Bloom, but DP at least for me is just strait ear candy. The atmosphere, space, and cohesive feeling of the tracks are just perfection for me. I love the large production and raw emotion on Bloom as well, but even though I like it more than TD, it's not as beautifully perfect as DP.

depression cherry is great

long season is an example of something better, in my opinion

This isn't dream pop.

Treasure > Heaven or LV

No Bloom is definitely better. It's a perfection of their sound as established at that point.

They sound nothing like Cocteau Twins.

How is Beach House's third best album the best dream pop album of all time?

I like Sea When Absent mosr

>they sound nothing like cocteau twins

They really don't. Legrand's vocals are not very similar to Fraser - she doesn't engage in mouth noises at all, all of her vocals are pretty straightforward. BH also has a surf element that is not present in CT.

They really aren't that similar m8.

Agreed, one of the best albums of all time. All their albums are great but DC is just on a different level.

>they copied cocteau twins

I hate this meme. They really don't sound that similar

cocteua twins have a more diverse range of sounds. but theres cocteau twins that songs if you re-released them with the beach house singer no one would even notice.

im pretty sure beach house are unashamedly cocteau twins fans

You got those songs on hand?

You're probably right that they're fans, but that's nowhere near "copying".

Honestly, BH sounds a lot closer to Julee Cruise than CT.

What album would you recommend for someone who wants to get into Dream Pop?

youtube.com/watch?v=-xc88_vdqBw
youtube.com/watch?v=WybSSagVvoU

pretty sure beach house may have even used the exact chords in one of their songs

youtube.com/watch?v=E4VJAyu4KNI

you could probably sift through beach houses work and find a ton of cocteau twin chords. at the end of the day i dont really think its a bad thing. cocteau twins are an old band and beach house took the best parts of their sound added their own little spin to it and i dont really think its a problem. but to say they arent heavily inspired by them is blind

hold on we're dreaming

slowdive - souvlaki
loveless if somehow you havent heard it already
also pic related got damn

IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT

youtube.com/watch?v=4Fwi7mysiAY

not dream pop but one of my favorite all-time albums

well when you even compare it to Bloom or Teen Dream which I think are Beach House's objectively best records I don't think DC is goat let alone Beach House's best. I think Victoria's voice is at it's best on Bloom and TD. their songwriting for me is strongest on Teen Dream and they're at their best instrumentally and production-wise on Bloom.

Personally I don't like the more humble, rustic production and sounds that Beach House use on their early stuff but in saying that Lovelier Girl is my favourite song by them. This sound is similar to depression cherry in that it's quite like watching an old beautiful carousel slowly spin, you know that kind of aesthetic sound. For me I love Bloom's more pure glossy, grandiose sound. The songs are so well crafted musically, the guitars are especially sharp and metallic sounding and then sometimes quite rubbery, and Victoria gives most of her. all the sounds are so well crafted e.g. Wishes, Wild.

I think you'll find it hard to argue that anything on DC is stronger lyrically than Teen Dream, especially when it has Walk in the Park, Real Love and Take Care all straight 10/10 tracks in every aspect. well that's all I want to point out i think.

>I think you'll find it hard to argue that anything on DC is stronger lyrically than Teen Dream

Teen Dream is great, but really, DC has Levitation, Sparka, Space Song, Beyond Love, PPP etc. which are some of the most beautiful songs ever.

It really depends on what you listen to. Some dream pop is very sparse, almost like slowcore, while some is very busy and lush.

You can't go wrong with Heaven Or Las Vegas though, unless you're really averse to poppier stuff.