Haven't found a better ethereal sounding rnb album since pic related. Anyone else have this problem?

Haven't found a better ethereal sounding rnb album since pic related. Anyone else have this problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-qmjG7i4jfU
vid.me/c0hLv
youtube.com/watch?v=6-QG-rFf4po
youtube.com/watch?v=YfiLAcERNQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=3twGmSu1MI0
youtube.com/watch?v=nP-DQK8YIzM
youtube.com/watch?v=zrzSHLmChfg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFIM9c48cSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

STOP LISTENING TO FRANK OCEAN

hes not even that good and his music isnt rnb. its pop with some soul sensibilities

john bap is way better

youtube.com/watch?v=-qmjG7i4jfU

actually now that i think about it that all rnb really is

It's too good. I've never been a fan of Tyler or odd future but for some odd reason Franky has always clicked with me since 'she' and his channel orange album. I just can't find another album that satisfies me the same way as this.

i want Sup Forums to leave

explain yourself immediately

Wait for Big Rare's album. He/She has alot of potential

fka twigs

How To Dress Well

I'm gonna put this in terms Sup Forums can understand. This album is AT LEAST as good as In Rainbows. Ok.

For real though, I don't think R&B really means anything. The term really originally just meant pop for black people. This touches experimental, neo-soul. I don't think there is really anything like it. The production and creativity involved is mindblowing.

Are y'all memeing me? I've listened to the album several times and I still don't hear what's supposed to be so creative and original about it.

listen to it a couple times. It will click

Me as well. Starts to feel monotonous towards the end, especially because all the best tracks are on the first half of the album. Prefer Channel Orange.

Just the levels of influence that he draws from while creating something that sounds so uniquely him. Counting the time signatures is an exercise in frustration. The little production easter eggs hidden throughout are always fun to take note of. The metaphors and unique descriptions of certain events in Frank's life are fascinating. Plus his vocal style has matured so much in the last four years

People always say that. I have listened to it several times. It's well executed, sure-- I just don't hear anything remotely innovate about it.
Honestly, Pyramids is the only thing Frank has done that I've really liked.
I only noticed some 3/4 shit tbqh. The production is immaculate though. I'll give you that. Lyrics are rarely a draw for me in music.

what's with the circlejerk around this album? it's some of the most bland, forgettable music i've ever heard. the songs have no structure.

im counting them right now the only song ive heard that isnt 4/4 is pink+white

Listen to it more. Literally everyone I know who likes this album, didn't like it the first couple times, myself included. Its a weirdly acquired taste. I remember when it first came out. I was listening to the tracks as people were uploading them on youtube, and telling my friends it sounded whatever.

Months later I'm listening to Siegfried while high as fuck, cocoon mode in bed. Mind was blown. Now its one of my favorite albums. I can listen to it start to finish any time. Every track is amazing. Do yourself a favor and give it more of a chance. It IS worth it. Probably my favorite album of all time not even gonna lie.

Art pop is probably my favorite genre, if you can call it a genre. I SHOULD love this. I revisit it every once in a while because the album people describe when they are talking about Blonde sounds entirely different than what I hear on the album. Siegfried is probably the best track, but even it's like... an 8 or so for me.

One of the most beautiful things about the album is the lack of structure. Its not a pop record. And honestly, all the best songs are in the middle and second half. Siegfried and White Ferrari are two of the best. Listen to the production and the layered vocals on Siegfried and tell me its not amazing. Even the short little tracks like Good Guy and Close To You are so sentimental and beautiful. So heartfelt. Self Control and Solo are just straight beautiful. Nikes, Ivy, Pink + White, and the other more popular tracks are good also, but those others I mentioned are really the meat of the album.

ok i counted every song, the only song with a different time sig is pink + white

you're a retard and have shit taste and dont know how to identify a time sig fucking loser

average frank fan boy, id break your face in cunt

>its not a pop record

just kys dude

when it clicks it clicks hard and then you realize you love every single track and it's an incredibly special record

When I heard this was supposed to be experimental RnB I was expecting something like FKA Twigs- M3LL155X. I was sorely disappointed when it was even a fraction as good.

Youre a fucktard. What does pop even mean to you? Sure it has pop production, pop elements but the meandering song structures are basically the definition of what pop is not. Most of your shitty garage rock is more "pop" than this album

desu the music itself doesn't do anything for me but his songwriting is so intimate and relatable it reels me in emotionally more than any other album

frank's got a way with words and although it's not the most stimulating it's certainly the most moving imo

vid.me/c0hLv

Nah. It's pop for sure. Art pop, but pop nonetheless. Most shitty garage rock is also pop.

>heavy reverb and no drums means the songs have unique song structures

lol....

I agree that the album isn't particularly innovative, but that almost works in its favor as its definetly a very backwards looking nostalgic album. To me it's ability to really create an amazing mood that lasts the whole album is what really makes this one of my favoirite albums

you don't hear anything remotely innovative? please tell me another album that sounds like this. it's a dream pop, ambient/gaze album with r&b vocals with a great quiet and nostalgic aesthetic to it. the album is fucking teriffic. stop listening to it for the sake of judging it. when you're feeling melancholy at night put on this album and just sit by yourself or go on a walk. it's a fucking teriffic album.

wow you people are easily impressed. imagine when you start listening some actual innovative music

Frank Ocean can't sing.

how about you share some reccs if you're so confident in your taste?

>vid.me/c0hLv
wish i could have been there, thanks for that

v low quality bait friend

I don't, really. I hear similarities to Solange- A Seat at the Table, Sampha- Process, and James Blake- Overgrown on here. Sure, all of those albums are distinct, but distinct and innovative are different things. I also liked all three of those albums better. David Sylvian also did the ambient pop shtick better (though, sans RnB).
I'm not even a fan and I know this is bait.

THIS IS JOY THIS IS SUMMER

frank ocean is coldplay with some key changes thrown into the mix

>The metaphors and unique descriptions of certain events in Frank's life are fascinating
>"Said she need a ring like Carmelo"
>"Pour one for A$AP, RIP to Pimp C"
Damn...

flower boy is a more versatile less cheesy blond

>RIP Harambe that nigga looked just like me

deep

I'm not "baiting", he can't fucking sing.

this is one of those albums where people keep overrating it and talking it up saying it change their life and it makes you hate it

the shit is decent, nothing more, its not innovative, its not life changing, its a decent pop album you listen to for a few months then move onto something else

This is just a discount Andre 3000 album.

who is a good singer in your opinion, user?

are you the same user who once claimed in a Frank Ocean he's fake singing or something like that?

I don't really hear the similarities. Flower Boy is better tho.
He has a nice voice IMO... just no versatility with it. You can pretty much expect the "vulnerable" delivery that was mentioned in pretty much every review on every damn track.

might as well be bait cause if you genuinely think this then your opinion couldnt possible matter

Stevie Wonder
Fiona Apple
The Weeknd since he got lessons
Kanye West is unironically a better singer than Frank Ocean because he actually sings
Frank Ocean imitates singing the way SNL cast members imitate singing for musical sketches

frank ocean fan base is cancerous

It's imitated singing. It doesn't feel real or natural.
The most natural sounding song he has is Novacane.

so you are the same user

wasn't disagreeing just wondering

But it's not though. Channel Orange maybe but this is levels beyond that.

If you legitimately think Blond is an amazing album, you need to listen to this, it's what Frank tried and failed to do.

it just seems to click with a small but seemingly loud group of people pretty significantly, so when it does naturally theyll say it's the greatest thing ever and for everyone else it doesnt vibe with as much they just dont get it. this is coming from someone who loves the album a lot

you mustn't have listened to much music if you think this. youre probably like 18 and just coming out of your rap phase so this shit is crazy to you

THATS A PRETTY FAST YEAR FLEW BY

you mustn't have listened to much music if you think this. youre probably like 18 and just coming out of your rap phase so this shit is crazy to you...

I do not understand, what is imitated singing?

Starboy > Blond

not 18 and i came out of my rap phase 4-5 years ago, im just describing why this album gets so much hype but you dont seem to understand perspectives other than your own

i honestly refuse to believe you

This is what Frank Ocean's singing sounds like.

youtube.com/watch?v=6-QG-rFf4po
youtube.com/watch?v=YfiLAcERNQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=3twGmSu1MI0

thats fine, but ive listened to plenty of music and i love this album, work on accepting that taste is subjective

justin bieber unironically did this style years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=nP-DQK8YIzM

youtube.com/watch?v=zrzSHLmChfg

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFIM9c48cSM

if you drown these songs in reverb and throw the drums in a low pass filter on a musical level its the exact same album as blonde

blonde one of my favorite albums but youre a Sup Forums meme bro listen to some other r&b

and soul*

you might be tone deaf

this is a good album! try New Amerykah Pt 1 by Erykah Badu

Wrong, wrong, and dead wrong. I guarantee I'm actually light years ahead of you in music listening and taste pal. Klaus Schulz is my favorite synth man and Richard Twice is my personal favorite 70s rock band. I bet you don't even make music or have never learned to properly play an instrument because I have. And I do listen to rap and you're a fucking clown if you actually get embarrassed by music. Cringing in general is a sign of weakness. Get pussy nerd

lol wtf is wrong with frank fans.... pull your head in idiot

>Kanye West is unironically a better singer than Frank Ocean because he actually sings

Sure, this must be a troll.

Sup Forumstants only listen to what p4k and fantano rec, c'mon, you should know by now

Guys. Stop it. This isn't what Frank would want.

OP for real listen to this

Lmao love how this guy shut the whole thread up

How do you guys think he dyed his hair? Do you think that he grew it out, dyed it, then cut it; or do you think he just has a really good hair-stylus?

I agree that his lyricism is really great for an "rnb" artist. Maybe that is also influenced by the fact that rnb lyricism has been on the decline and people are just used to recycled chris brown trash on and on.