Top Ambient Album
>Brian Eno - Reflection

Top Indie Rock Album
>Arcade Fire - Everything Now

Top Jam Band/Funk Album
>Nils Lindgren Funk Unit w/ Ray Parker Jr. - Unbreakable

Best Jazz album
>Colin Stetson - All This I Do For Glory

Just FYI folks, I'm not posting this so you'll debate over it, this is the definitive list. If you have any complaints please email me do not post in the thread. And certainly do not post your own versions of this list with your own albums replacing the greentexted portion.

Bump

bump

You can't, it's the definitive list.

>Colin Stetson
>jazz

That's what his albums are always classified as. Many of them sound definitively jazz.

If not that, then BBNG's IV

To clarify, we are talking jazz chord progressions, and jazz rhythm on some tracks with riffing from Stetson

I will agree that some tracks off of his album aren't Jazz, but to tell me that the entire album isn't jazz is ridiculous.

Even if we both agree to call Stetson and BBNG jazz, it's laughable to suggest that either of those is the best jazz release of the year.

What other jazz releases have you heard?

>top indie rock album
>everything now

Opinion discarded.
This is the correct Top Indie Rock Album

A Cool Breeze by The SWR Big Band

It's big band jazz, really cool release.

No it is not laughable to consider BBNG's release as an exceptional jazz album.

Colin Stetson's genre being jazz was ok to call me out on, though not completely correct. BBNG however is so solidly jazz, you even questioning it as being such tells me you've never listened to them.
It's good, but no Everything Now

So you listened to three jazz albums from this year and feel confident in naming one of them the best jazz album to come out this year?

No I've listened to many more Jazz albums, just only those this year.

Depending if you count Funk as Jazz, then that separate category also applies, in addition to Thundercat's album released earlier this year.

Please be trolling

You're damn right it's no Everything Now, because, as you said, it's /good/. Everything Now is not good.

How is this trolling?

If you're debating the authenticity of THE LIST please post what you consider to be 'good' jazz. I'll try not to laugh.

Post one jazz fusion, one traditional jazz, and one big band jazz album from this year for me to work with.

Please support your claims with some credentials.

Everything Now is good. How is it not? It's danceable Arcade Fire, what is better than danceable Arcade Fire???

substance?
something that's not a rip off of abba/the bee gees (or rather Yvonne Elliman)

Wow you have absolutely no taste in music.

You didn't even mention The Dirty Projectors' new release either.

Was I supposed to?

Michael Attias- Nerve Dance
Craig Taborn- Daylight Ghosts
Miguel Zenon- Tipico

No big band releases from this year worth mentioning in the same breath as those as far as I know.

Yes it is pretty good.

Btw you guys runner up for electronic Dance would be The Burning Spider by Parov Stelar or Shake the Shudder by !!!

Might want to check out the album I mentioned, then.

>Not listing Bill Frisell's album

I am disappoint.

This post was so embarrassing to read.