Whats there deal anyways?

Whats there deal anyways?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitan_language
imdb.com/title/tt3253930/
youtube.com/watch?v=fXtoalc9YnA
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_bosque_animado_(película)
youtube.com/watch?v=xRgCWLnuynE
youtube.com/watch?v=uhiPFnuPMZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bKkfGG9q32c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

being free from the eternal castillian

Catalonyans hate everyone else in spain for no reason, it makes me sad
>Galicia (& part of Asturiass)
>over 1000 years of national identity and being pretty much the birthplace of Spanish
>Basque
>language literally older than eveything else in Europe
>catalonyans
>the literal jews of spain (lots of jokes and stereotypes about this, most true), whose political party want to leave spain for "identity" reasons for their 400 year old mix of occitan and spanish or something like that

Whos deal?

Who are catalonyans?if sll spain spoke caralonian that would nake us all catalan
Right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitan_language

>Others include Catalan in this family, as the distance between this language and some Occitan dialects (such as the Gascon language) is similar to the distance among different Occitan dialects. In fact, Catalan was considered an Occitan dialect until the end of the 19th century.

What are "Catalonians"?

Genetically? Probably Celts with native Iberians mixed in. Linguistically? Occitans.

catalonia is a geographical term first used in the 1100's, that became an official spanish region in the 1920's
basically just the general term for the eastern part of the Crown of Aragon

What is the definition of catalonisn people.

People who speaks Catalan, and/or have (majority) of ancestors who speak Catalan.

sheepfuckers from the mountains and other isolated areas

Catalonia is complety arbituary, catalonian seperatism is some retarded (((()))) bullshit.

If all spain spoke catalan everyone is catalan?

Catalonia "nationality" is an invention through school indoctrination, you have to be mentally retarded to see the rest of spain as not part of your nation, catalonian seperatism has no right to exist.

Yes, just give it some times, like 200 years. At that point, no significant Spanish heritage left.

completely agree
politicans can manage amazingly dumb feats
the coastal region south of Catalonya (Valencia) had Catalán with 2 or 3 different words and say its a completely different language
an Arágones regionalism would make more sense

What are you talking about?

Catalan doesn't going extinct today is because there're still millions of people who speak it. If all of Spain speaks only Spanish then identities like Basques or Asturians will be ceased to exist, only in the matter of time.

None if thise identities mean anything other than locality.?
The grography and nsme of inhabitabt if geography will slways exist

Language is the core of the people, the language is dead, then the ethnicity is dead. Just look at the French or the English, most of them are of Celtic origin, do you see anything Celtic in them.

jesus buy a bigger keyboard Mr Fatfingers
i think some of these languages have advantages:
>galician is like a very old version of spanish, so it shares a lot of vocabulary and semantics with portuguese and latin, and you can talk with portuguese people pretty easily and already know many latin words if you want to study it
>basque doesnt have any similarity with any other language in the whole world but its for that very reason that it should be preserved. also it might have had similarities with pre-roman languages from the iberian peninsula (we know very little about those)
>catalan has some similarities with french so maybe it makes french easier but i dont speak it so i wouldn't know

None of those are reasons to exist

give me a reason for you to exist

To live is the reason to exist

Nation is spanish PEOPLE nothing else,

would catalonians give me citizenship if i fight for them killing castilian scum?

You forgot to post your dumb moorish mug

They know they are superior and could rule the country so much better, but they are not corrupt or violent enough to defeat Spain.

Economy?
That is not a nation.

Special snowflake complex. Since they are richer than most regions and they are bilingual, they believe that they would become the new Switzerland if they were independent.

Meme nationalism created in the mid 19th by the catalan bourgeoisie to combat the liberal reforms that Spain was experimenting in the economy.

>they are not corrupt
the main politician supporting independentism is corrupt as fuck.

But what I don't understand is the motivation of Spain to keep taking away more of their rights, which only makes more Catalans independentists

>Operacion Pokemon

That map doesn't make sense to me, I don't speak Spanish. But he's probably the main politician because he's corrupt like the average Spanish politician.

ofc, and being corrupt is what obviously confirms that they are as spanish as anyone else in the country.

wtf.
They can have their language, their local government, their own media, their education and even live better than average

We raise taxes because the country is in crisis and they go apeshit.

Resettle all catalonian population in madrid, wrll the millions if majority of poorfafs giving power to exploiters because muh independemce.

aren't they a minority or close to in their "Paisos catalans"?

Other way around, Catalans and Aragonese were Iberians mostly with some Aquitanian influences, the Celticed Iberian or Iberianized Celts where in the Meseta/central Spain or the castilles, while the Pre-celts indoeuropeans lived mostly in the West(Lusitanians and Galicia) or the mountains (asturs/cantabrians) or were Pre-indoeuropeans (Basques/aquitanians). The only ones than could be called Celts were some Galician Tribes and even then they were very different to Brits or French celts.

Why does the Spanish government support fascist demonstrations but arrests Catalan demonstrators tough

Spain literally caters to all the special snowflakes with the current province system
Galician, Basque and Catalonyan are all official languages
>taking away more of their rights
you talk about spain like its russia taking ukraine or someething, what the fuck do you think this is

Butthurt.

dont know but barcelona is the nicest city i've ever been to

what
how can you be this misinformed
its almost likee you are just translating a catalanist panflet

Because the spanish government is as shit as the catalan one, now come back home my catalan friend.

tfw you'll never speak spanish so you can watch spanish movies without subtitles

It's in decadence right now, it used to be even more lovely. Between the Tourist hordes and the Immis stealing, selling fake goods and the african prostitues trying to steal your wallet when they press to your etc.

>spanish movies
>good
what alternative reality do you live in

i've been there 2007 tho, don't know how much things changed

definatelly in my "to visit" list
so far my favorite city in Spain is Madrid by far. Sevilla can be nice but im not built for that weather.

In general We only hate Madrileños elites and make fun of Andalucians PER taker, the rest we like. Both groups have Screeching autist than like to fling shit tough.

>all those spanish thrillers
>almodovar
>bunuel

wtf amigo

people call spanish movies and series "españoladas", as in, the fact that they are spanish means they are lower quality, wich is true 99% of the time
the good ones are few and far inbetween
-Airbag
-Torrente
-Laberinto del Fauno
-Alatriste

>the decadence meme

naaah, everybody hates their own, its common. but people here really like spanish movies.

>timecrimes
>the method
>torrente
>thesis
>talk to her

and so on and so on., literally dozens of good movies you have. i hate we are so little country so we don't have lot of movies, and those we have are war related or 1/10 comedies.

>tfw you will never watch a good horror movie in your native language

That's true about any film tough. USA shits so many movies than for sheer probabilities some are good. They steal a good deal too.

>i literally only know Torrente from all those
>slavs and scandinavians like my own country shows and movies more than me
dont know how to feel desu

USA makes shitloads of movies but the ones taht are "bad" are actually just mediocre and watchable, just not too good not too bad, safe bets like superhero movies

how the fuck did you manage to miss all those movies? imdb.com/title/tt3253930/ one of the best movies i watched in recent years.

Barcelona has been going downhill since the 1992 olympics, it saddens me how this town is going to shit

this film is based in 70s or 80s Spain, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=fXtoalc9YnA

Good
Having knowledge of any garbage at all that Spain produces shouldn't make you feel any proud or superior

But all of the ones you quoted are crap

Good movies are things like Los santos inocentes, la lengua de las mariposas, Recuérdame en el cielo or El bosque animado

la lengua de las mariposas si que esta bien
>El bosque animado
>buena

Pedazo de plebeyo, el bosque animado es la esencia misma de galicia

Mas bien la esencia misma de la basura animada española, como Tadeo Jones

no insultes a galicia de esa forma

No es una película de animación, panda de gañanes

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_bosque_animado_(película)

Hay que ver, cómo se nota que la mitad de vosotros sois underage

Y eres tu, el que se ve españoladas cutres de los años 80, el que llama a los demás gañanes
Tiene mucho sentido

De donde sacas que esa película sea una españolada? A mi me parece interesante.

>el bosque animado
>españolada cutre

youtube.com/watch?v=xRgCWLnuynE

Anda, vete a ver tus pelis de dibujitos y deja que los mayores hablen

Are you serious? Franco literally tried to genocide the Catalan culture.

a meme created to make people hate franco
youtube.com/watch?v=uhiPFnuPMZQ

Sure, a total genocide. You anglos are the jew natural ally.

> so much salt in the Spanish comments
Can we just agree that Paco Martínez Soria is the GOAT?

>Paco Martínez Soria
Half of our underage will say it's casposo or carca.
What is wrong with us, why we have so many endophobes.

That's the most bullshit explanation I've seen on this.

>What is wrong with us
What's wrong is that we have to look back 20 or 30 years for the last time we had a decent actor. Paco Rabal was the GOAT, Fernando Rey was very good, José Luis López Vázquez was also very good, Pepe Isbert was BRILLIANT, Alfredo Landa was good (if a bit samey), Fernando Fernán Gómez was also very good (he could get tiresome though), Gurruchaga did some good stuff. We also had Luis García Berlanga who was a brilliant director and even more so when paired with screenwriter Rafael Azcona. Some Spanish films from back then are absolute jewels. I don't think a short film with the power of La Cabina could leave anyone indifferent: youtube.com/watch?v=bKkfGG9q32c

Nowadays, on the other hand, Spanish cinema is moribund and leaderless, there are no promising figures or genuinely talented actors, mostly just a bunch of enchufados who made it big with some dumb television show and tried to transition into drama or movies.

So as a result people who like good Spanish movies have to look back a number of years, and the underage crowd is allergic to anything that isn't new and shiny. I wish we had good new and shiny movies, but it isn't happening, not with such a desolate artistic scene.