God Save The Queen

God Save The Queen.

Canada belongs to the United Kingdom.

Other urls found in this thread:

theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quality-of-french-immersion-teachers-questioned-as-demand-soars-in-canada/article33906570/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_17
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charter_of_the_French_Language
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine being this much of a cuck lmoa

The Pearson Pennant was a mistake

The time when Canada had this flag was truly its glory years

It will never regain this glory ever again

>nailed to a wall
>not flying proudly

KYS.

Imagine being Canada minus the leaf

>canadians have died for foreign monarchs
loving every laugh

>t. zhang xiao wingwong

try Jean Tremblay instead

>his people fought (poorly) and died for a French monarch
>and lost everything

we fought for our territory and self-determination, you're implying france even tried to help us

hence why we didn't want to go to war to defend them

Worse if anything tbqh
Brits have died to protect Canada too by the way

we were protecting ourselves against british aggression though

all your fucking loyalist cucks from america came up north to help out the anglos

*Canada should become part of the United Kingdom

We must keep the dream alive and build an Anglo union for her maj, Queen Liz.2

Canada shouldn't exist and the land should be inhabited by Inuits desu

Why do you piss and moan about Canada while staying in the union then, Pierre? Is it because you know you'd be fucked without Ontario's supple teat to nurse from?

they sabotage every attempt we make, try to keep up

>they sabotage every attempt we make

Like when Québec - and only Québec - voted NOT to leave?

yeah, by a slim margin of like 1% after a bunch of money was poured into the no side, sure

Canadians are and will always be our kin and our brothers across the sea, deal with it

>muh 50.58%-49.42% referendum

OOOOOO CAAAANAAADDAAA

The 80's referendum wasn't even close; you lost by about 20%.

The one in '95 was a lot closer, but Montréal - which had about half of Québec's population at the time - wasn't on board. And even IF the "yes" side had won, I doubt the "no" side would go along with a bunch of rural hicks. Acadia would have gone to New Brunswick, Western Québec would have gone to Ontario, and the far North would have likely become a new, native territory.

The only areas that actually voted "yes" were Québec City, Saguenay, and the forests in the middle.

And then your third referendum never came. And even if it did now, you'd have to have the approval of the rest of Canada, take your insane share of the debt, lose the transfer payments keeping your pathetic province alive, and come up with your own, worthless currency. So...have fun with that.

>t. Philippe Boudreau

>that fucking partitioning meme again
>Montréal - which had about half of Québec's population at the time - wasn't on board.
gee i wonder if it's because it's full of anglo jews like barbara kay

noice flag

also look up uti possidetis juris

based Québec City

>mfw the queen kicks the bucket and the common wealth meme will fall apart starting with australia

Canada is rightful french clay. Anglos leave.

dis

>inb4 muh indians even though we had a good relationship with them until anglos came

*nordic

we wuz l'anse aux meadows n shiet

also
>John A. MacDonald is the best guy ever! He NEVER gave orders to genocide people ever
its amazing what lengths anglos go to so they can rewrite history

>French in Canada allowed ot keep their meme customs and language no matter how fucking annoying it makes them
>French in America have been swallowed up into the melting pot without a trace
>French in France are becomming more and more Algerian every year
You should be thankful everyday you were taken over by the British.

fuck off jacques-pierre

>French in Canada allowed ot keep their meme customs and language no matter how fucking annoying it makes them
>proceeds to ban teaching french in most provinces
yeah thanks

This tbqh
Any other power would've just deported you best case scenario

the entire history of canada as a country is 50% the french complaining

you should be thankful that you weren't all completely forced to speak english. even the french themselves hate quebec

>try to assimilate people for centuries
>wonder why they're mad about it
canadians, everyone

>canadians, everyone
you're canadian too

don't ever forget that

quebec will never be independent in your lifetime, or mine

also at what point did america even PRETEND it was supposed to be bilingual?
then i can die in peace knowing that it will have to be some day

Quebec will be where the french language will be revived with our dirty butchered accents. Your fight against the franks isn't over, nigel.

>Commonwealth
>Still having a Queen rule over you 1000's of miles away
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>franks

noice

Québécois are a cancer.

They bitch and moan about how the rest of Canada is keeping them down, despite the fact that they'd be even more third-world if not for all the money they're given, and the fact that the country bends over backwards to make sure they're happy.

They never stop complaining about how their mangled version of French isn't taught across the continent, despite there being no need, and the fact that they themselves refuse to accommodate English-speakers (who were there first, I might add).

And nothing is ever their fault. It's the natives fault their natural economy is doing poorly, it's the fault of the British and the French that they aren't a superpower, it's America's fault that nobody likes them, and so on.

Seriously, fuck off. The maritimes are bad enough, but God damn. Just take charge of your province, stop whining, be the new Alberta. At the very least, stop being the Greece of North America.

>Muricunt education

>and the fact that they themselves refuse to accommodate English-speakers (who were there first, I might add).
>who were there first
is this some kind of sick joke? if it isn't it just proves what i'm saying about canadians rewriting history

Québécois are the ones rewriting history, tabarnouche.

yeah i guess

did you know that anglos never put natives in reserves? it was the DEGENERATE, morally bankrupt french speaking minority that did

>bans teaching french in most of the provinces
theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quality-of-french-immersion-teachers-questioned-as-demand-soars-in-canada/article33906570/
Except French is being taught more, not less. In fact, most of the country had Catholic and Protestant schools just to cater to the French minority. Stop blaming Anglos for everything. You guys get more than you give, so shut up.

Actually, both are guilty of that.

I think mainly Anglos can claim responsibility for the residential schools, though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_17

>issued in July 1912
>repealed in 1927

Read your own links, dumb-ass.

and before you say that "this was a long time ago xD" i'll have you know that the french in ontario barely exist and are completely submissive

yeah it happened a few decades ago so it's okay now right, francophones have no reason to be angry about anything and should not be able to protect their language

I think he meant 'there first' as in living in Quebec before they started enforcing those English restriction laws. That's what happened to my family anyways.

you are a fucking idiot if you think the english were first in quebec

It happened nearly a hundred years ago and lasted for barely over a decade.

So that makes it okay for Québec to do the same thing to Anglos now?

>the french in ontario barely exist

They "barely exist" in the sense that they're not a huge majority, but there are definitely French-only communities, especially in Northern Ontario and along the Québec border. Hell, my city is only ~10% French, but every sign and service is still in English and French, along with TV, radio, and more.

The same can't be said for the English areas in Québec, though.

>and are completely submissive

No shit? Smaller communities go with the flow of the majority. Southern Ontario is almost exclusively English, and has over a quarter of the COUNTRY'S population. Why would a few French communities have any major sway against that?

And FYI, the smaller English communities don't get much of a say, either. Because that's how basic democracy works.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charter_of_the_French_Language
>Started in 1977
>Still in effect
So the Anglos are bad for saying you can't teach French and then repealing the "terrible, discriminatory" law later, but the French are alright because they're just "protecting their culture?"

Listen, I get it. You guys feel like you got a raw deal. But you can't act like things are still like they were 90 FUCKING YEARS AGO and use that to justify shit 50 years after the fact. Seriously, you guys want some respect, stop shitting on people for stuff they had no control over. Most Anglos everywhere else give 0 fucks about what Quebec does to Anglos, now it's time to treat them fairly.

I literally just said it wasn't that the English were in Quebec before the French, it was that the English were there before they started enforcing stuff like Bill 101

>Bill 101 is as bad as Regulation 17
i fucking knew this was coming somehow

the horror of having to have french on signs along with english

face it you fucking mongoloids, we're the only ones that actually TRY to enforce bilingualism

the charter has REPEATEDLY been contested and even the federal government never repealed it

>We try to enforce bilingualism
>No you can't have English signs
>No you can't have more English schools
>No you can't keep all the schools you already have either
>No, only French
Bruh, at best you guys are just as bad as the rest of the country sans New Brunswick, they're the true bilingual province. What should happen is ALL street signs should be in English or French, everywhere in the country. The only exceptions should be large minority languages like Greek or Italian in some places, then it can be English or French plus one of those languages. That's true bilingualism

>No you can't have English signs
>No you can't have English-only signs
FTFY and stopped reading there, because I know that you don't even know how the fucking bill even works

>The only exceptions should be large minority languages like Greek or Italian in some places, then it can be English or French plus one of those languages
Mate just a snaggletooth's 2p but don't pander to them.

seriously i'm fucking sick of canadians, it's like they're all automatons who keep saying the exact same stupid uninformed shit

>Ontario's teat
>Supple

The only supple teats in Canada are those in the West my friend.

If you want to have a business in Ontario with a French sign, no body gives a shit. You can have it in whatever language you want. In Quebec that's not the case, I can only have English on the sign if French is considered predominant. The problem here is that predominant doesn't have strict definition or guidelines other than visibly larger. You want to prove me otherwise? Give me some proof, I'd rather think better of where my family came from, not worse of it.

I'd be more willing to read what proof you apparently have if what you had was legible.

Im Albertan and I like Quebec.
I went to Quebec City last year. Amazing place. Everyone was nice when I tried to speak French

would go again

In reality, the only two that should be used are English and French. Minorities will get uppity though if we don't spread it further.

Reminds me of the 2012 Games with everyone going on about the English county of Yorkshire winning quite a few golds.

good post

wew

The more you cave the more they'll demand, though. If they want to come to Canada they should be Canadians and leave the baggage back home

how does the hat not fall off

Note I am the same guy who's been bitching about English's position in Quebec. And I believe that both English and French should be used nation wide. The problem is that the minorities will come here, and seeing french, will argue for their minority language as well, even though french has a special place in Canadian heritage. It's shitty, but that's how common law works, with its precedents and all.

You pin it to your hair using a hatpin, you bloody underage buffoon.

>hatpin
wtf

was there ever a nation of different people within yorkshire though
thanks

>was there ever a nation of different people within yorkshire though

Yorkshire people might feel that way sometimes but the table was just a bit of cheeky banter.

And good for the intention. The problem is is that it also affects the Anglos that were there before the law was put into place. What SHOULD happen, is that all street signs, English and French. All healthcare, English or French. Any government service, English and French.

Also, I'd just like to point out that here in Ontario, you can go to all french schools, open up an all french business where everyone speaks french, and I believe even do your taxes in french. You don't have the same liberties in Quebec as an Anglo. We all need to be more like New Brunswick.

>What SHOULD happen, is that all street signs, English and French. All healthcare, English or French. Any government service, English and French.
I meant this as in everywhere, not just in Quebec or Ontario btw.

they had CENTURIES to adapt to the fact that 80% of the province speaks french, instead you have all those horrible anglo jews from westmount who are all bankers and lawyers while claiming that we're treating them worse than WW2 era germans
>We all need to be more like New Brunswick.
people in new brunswick barely speak french, they speak chiac which is really just english with french words sometimes

Chiac to french seems like what Latin American Spanish is to European Spanish, that is full of English loan words, but in the lexicon of Spanish. Chiac just has a bunch of English loan words and slang, it's still more French than English. Besides, the French that's used in government is just normal french.

Also, no one's making the French in Northern Ontario learn English, the same should be for the Anglos in Quebec. If you don't force it on them, they'll accept they need french to survive day to day life, just like the minorities down here in southern Ontario with English.

english is necessary to get your high school diploma here though

Not if you go to a French school, which I'm sure Northern Ontario is chalk full of.

Live in Northern Ontario, can confirm French schools are rampant up here.