I've noticed some chink shows come with Chinese subtitles, which would be pretty useful for me as I'm learning Mandarin...

I've noticed some chink shows come with Chinese subtitles, which would be pretty useful for me as I'm learning Mandarin. But what's a good Chinese show to watch? Most of them look pretty cringe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=three kingdoms 2010&page=&utm_source=opensearch
m.iqiyi.com/v_19rr9x93h8.html
m.youku.com/video/id_XMTY5NDg2MzY5Ng==.html
m.v.qq.com/play.html?cid=zrxyhghf3n8xhxl&vid=k0015trfczz&ptag=www.google.com.hk#v.play.adaptor#2&mreferrer=https://www.google.com.hk/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unblock-youku/pdnfnkhpgegpcingjbfihlkjeighnddk?hl=zh-TW
youtu.be/nKQsYyd1pZ0
youtu.be/Bbp9ZaJD_eA
youtu.be/DYptgVvkVLQ
youtu.be/1xlASR2bfGk
youtu.be/LWV-f6dMN3Q
youtu.be/TioPrzXd5Ec
youtu.be/Zt2PuFlibZY
youtube.com/watch?v=bv_cEeDlop0
youtube.com/watch?v=_VvIkoD80b4
youtube.com/watch?v=tsiH8IfPZyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, why does so much Chinese media come with subtitles automatically? Is it cause of the dialect thing

Kek, look how they try to appear as European as possible

They all suck, as does the music. Abandon hope now.
请相信我,中文不值得学习。

why not

Ice fantasy

Where do I start? Modern China produces nothing worth watching, listening to, or viewing. On top of that, China is a country which has traded its soul for a bunch of nondescript high rises and factories.

They destroyed so much of their cultural heritage over the past 50 years that they've resorted to building gaudy reproductions of what there used to be, complete with shitty souvenir stores everywhere. Everywhere with any kind of historical or natural appeal has been converted into this kind of tourist trap, as well.

Finally, between an almost complete ignorance of the outside world (and often their own history!) and a tendency toward material worship and conspicuous consumption, the Chinese often turn out to be not much for conversation.

Not him but I really love studying and drawing the hanzi. I have no practical reason or any intention of visiting China. I just think the language is cool.

I've heard some shit about China and Chinese culture though, and it certainly seems to be a lot difficult to find decent movies or music in Mandarin. I really have no idea what their culture is like.

I'm thinking of switching to Japanese. Fuck practicality.

What's your experience?

Yeh i agree with this, chinese culture still seems interesting and the language looks cool, thinking of learning it one day.

watch "Three kingdoms" the 2010 version its all on youtube weon

probably that homophone bullshit

You ever been there?

Nice, thanks!
youtube.com/results?search_query=three kingdoms 2010&page=&utm_source=opensearch

no, but it would be interesting to visit shanghai or beijing

Yeah, the dialects are closer to different languages.

I actually plan to watch that one. But it doesn't have chink subtitles.

Maybe only the kid shows have them or something.

Looking for a chink gf, Arturo?

So?

I actually switched to Japanese after coming to terms with the content of my previous post. Definitely more fun and easier to progress in.

IMO, China does actually have some good culture, but it's all centuries old, consisting mostly of its poetic and philosophical traditions - which were written in Classical Chinese, not Mandarin.

Nirvana in Fire (狼呀帮)

It's an historical/fantasy drama with a lot of political intrigue. Kind of like Game of Thrones but with less sex and death, and harder to understand because of all the cultural references.

All movies,music ,tvshows,tv dramas are shit.Because only the dumbest,most shallow assholes go to learn arts.And when come to work,they do nothing but copy the foreign ideas.

I mean in china.

Thanks, that one is subbed and actually looks interesting.

>copying foreign ideas

That makes sense. All the music there sounds like really bad American pop music from 10 years ago. Why do they copy the worst of our ideas?

The rural areas of China have the best-preserved traditional culture in them, there's still old architecture, temples, and traditional lifestyles there unlike the soulless gray cement wasteland of the big cities.

>has light skin
>tall nose
>sharp features

gosh it sure is exhausting trying to look white all day!!

>Is it cause of the dialect thing
Yes. Written Chinese is understood by all, whereas the dialects aren't.

Fun fact, most Chinese dramas are dubbed with a standard accent. Though, shitty on-location audio quality is also a factor.

any bothered finishing that? worth the read imo

kek

Yeah, Nirvana in Fire is really good. The first couple of episodes are kinda confusing though.

If you like wuxia, a good drama to check out is Legend of Condor Heroes 2008. Just realize the ending is a little different than the original story line (based on novel series).

You can also check out King's Avatar (Quan Zhi Gao Shou) if you're into anime. It's currently releasing and I find it enjoyable.

So what do they do irl?

how? Pic related is a Song Dynasty emperor. Is he try to appear as European as possible?

射鵰英雄傳(The Legend of the Condor Heroes)
m.iqiyi.com/v_19rr9x93h8.html

微微一笑很傾城
m.youku.com/video/id_XMTY5NDg2MzY5Ng==.html

神鵰俠鵰(The Return of the Condor Heroes)
m.v.qq.com/play.html?cid=zrxyhghf3n8xhxl&vid=k0015trfczz&ptag=www.google.com.hk#v.play.adaptor#2&mreferrer=https://www.google.com.hk/

download unblock youku at chrome to solve the copyright problem if you can't watch
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unblock-youku/pdnfnkhpgegpcingjbfihlkjeighnddk?hl=zh-TW

American music sucks. They are fucking noise ruining my ears. Chinese music is soft and meaningful.
youtu.be/nKQsYyd1pZ0
youtu.be/Bbp9ZaJD_eA
youtu.be/DYptgVvkVLQ
youtu.be/1xlASR2bfGk
youtu.be/LWV-f6dMN3Q
youtu.be/TioPrzXd5Ec
youtu.be/Zt2PuFlibZY

臭鬼佬学个鸡巴汉语,操你妈.

留学生?
本物の中国人の文章に見える

Isn't it because most of them are made in Hong Kong ,so they legally have to put english subtitles ?
Anyway God of cookery is pretty good.

Fair skin has always been associated with wealth because it meant you spent most of your time indoors instead of working in the fields.

Chinese always have fair skin

舌尖上的中国

同意,不管这里的人信不信

>hurr they didn't give me the right grade of steel!
>later admits they did give him the right grade and it was his own fucking fault for not doing research about different industrial standards in different countries before doing business in a different country
Am I supposed to feel sorry for this imbecile?

War of the Three Kingdoms

Lu Bao dindu nuffin

Kill yourself Sup Forumstard. You are pathetically ignorant.

If you actually read the ending he was given the proper materials but was too stupid to realize it. Usually this bait has that post cut out though.

>hurdur why do I get scammed when I work with the lowest bidder!

>a burger complains about other cunts' lack of culture

>NZ thinks his younger cunt is less artificial than mine

NZ might not be the country with the richest history or culture, but we sure aren't short of self-awareness unlike you.

If You Are The One (2010)

Journey to the West (1986)

The Bund (1980)

Three Kingdoms (2010)

My Own Swordsman (2006)

Kangxi Dynasty (2001)

I don't listen to much Chinese music but here are my two favourites:

The Moon Represents My Heart: youtube.com/watch?v=bv_cEeDlop0

The Bund: youtube.com/watch?v=_VvIkoD80b4

> what is Bruce Lee

> what is Kung Fu movies

> what is Wuxia

> what is all those shows I listed above

Literally made me cringe reading that.

Where did it say that?

Very early.

lmao what a dumb cunt

Love o2o

This guy is just a plain retard and doesn't understand how to do business in China. You can't expect it to be exactly like the west, you need to actually make friends and connections.

He's talking about Chinese subtitles which are usually hard-subbed on Chinese tv shows and movies, not English.

Entertainment coming out of mainland is not very good imo. Most of my chinese media that im fond of either came from taiwan or HK. Whats the reason behind this?

the modern chinese entertainment is literally garbage and very poor quality, all of those defending it are just blind nationalists or so called ABCs, who even know NOTHING about actual fun/interesting chinese stuff. so they can blindly defend it.

if you have an interest in reading/researching their original classic books/folk tales/myths/historical shit like three kingdoms and its background learning chinese is worthwhile. modern chinese entertainment or any medium related to it. however, is merely a dumbed down knock-off and even insults your intelligence.

at this point i dont think someone other than asians finds those historical/classic stuff interesting. Im japanese and have consumed a bunch of those through japanese media so would find it fun tho, even without japanese language or media. 2bh no offence and im not a patriot in the least but the chinese stuff gets better in japanese mediums, like in manga. theres a bunch of fun and exciting chinese classic shit.

They are all cringey

T. Chink friend haver

it is contradictory, but as someone that has lived in china for just over a year, i'm willing to take the user's side. chinese are some tricky motherfuckers, and i envy them for that.

why would you envy psychopaths?

chinese cartoons, duh

youtube.com/watch?v=tsiH8IfPZyg

Buttblasted Chengs detected. Chinese people are yellow. Even fair skinned Chinese have that yellow tinge. Also, last time I checked, Chinks don't have light brown hair.

just admit it, no one in asia actually gives a fuck about looking like a cumskin