youtube.com/watch?v=FS_U1C3MGc8
youtu.be/qkUVToIfrKg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judita
youtube.com/watch?v=vvxun84kTLI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kalevala_translations
youtube.com/watch?v=0zqKUyb-_WY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you mean national epic... meme ?XX?X?OFSEDKFDS;D:S:DS

Cultural national wonder. Requires a Monument in all cities.

+25% Great People generation in this City.
Contains 1 Great Work of Writing slot
BNW-only+1 20xHappiness5 Happiness with Universal Healthcare tenet (any Ideology)

i can already smell the angry swedes coming to this thread

>his national epic was written by a Swede
Oh Finland.

>swedish national epic
quran and bible XDDD

whew

>written
COMPILED and edited, Sven. All the poems and songs are Finnish reeeeeee

>His true passion lay in his native Finnish language. He began writing about the early Finnish language in 1827 and began collecting folk tales from rural people about that time. In 1831, the Finnish Literature Society was founded, and Lönnrot, being one of the founder members, received financial support from the society for his collecting efforts.[2]

>Be a noble fennoswede
>like another language more and adopt it
>Promote this said language and advice your colleques to do so aswell as well to change their names.

It's sad that swedes are this eager to throw away their own heritage, well who am i kidding it's not sad at all.

>his native Finnish language

Well yeah, Lönnrot's family can be traced back to the very oldest finnish merchant families who kept or took actual finnish surnames.

Tolpo and Niska.

>be finnish
>culture is based around a bunch of confused Swedish academics LARPING as tribesmen
>still have to learn Swedish därför att bättre folk talar Svenska

Come again? I don't speak shitty languages with zero artistic value. And ask yourself, why did those "swedish" academics proceed to create their art in finnish and not in "bättre folk pratar"? Hmm.

youtube.com/watch?v=FS_U1C3MGc8

>parts of his country's national epic weren't used in a bideo game

>Parts of his country's epic weren't used in Tolkien's works

>Svenskar äro vi inte längre, ryssar vilja vi inte bli, låt oss alltså bli finnar
>finsk kultur är ett artificiellt påhitt som användes som plan B när man inte längre kunde gå tillbaka till att vara svenskar
Detta går verkligen inte att hitta på.

Tän tason liipaistumista saa vain ruotsalaisista pojat.

intredasting
which ones though?

>it's a butthurt and ignorant swede screeching about how "superior" he is episode
Funny how things turned out in the end

t. Svenska i förnekelse

Pretty sure I'm neither butthurt nor talking about superioity, I'm simply pointing out that you are a bunch of roleplayers identifying yourself with karelian fairy tales.

Quenya, Some parts of Gandalf, Tom Bombadil and the elvish "singing magic"

He looks... swarthy!?!

>appreciation of your people's ancient folklore and mythology
>hurrr larpers
mindset of a swede everybody

Eino Leino?

Yeah when he was young he looked quite swarthy

>it's a f*nn thread

>taking the folklore of a people that doesn't even live inside your pseudonation
>we wuz kullevro and shit

I tought swedes/finns were tanned because of tanning beds...

Most of the stories were collected in Finnish karelia and karelians weren't even a separated thing till USSR time, when political realities created a need for their own identity.

They were a southeastern finnish tribe until russian resettlement and slavification.

I don't really know why i'm explaining myself to some mouthing idiot. But whatever. Also the folktales share huge similarities on all areas, they were just most intact in the most eastern parts of Finland where all the runesingers and "knowers" fled during the time when swedish crown forbid those practises in 1700-1809

He did a lot of menial labor and worked in slash and burn farms when young so that may give him a bit rough look.

>Oh Finland.
You should go get Finland back so its part of Sweden again like it was for 600 years

>his national epic is not about killing moors

Maybe you should just come to terms with the fact that you are a swedicised rape baby and stop being so defensive about your made up nationality.

kys u useless leaf
emustralia should go back to its roots and be turned into a prison colony where we dump all of our mudslimes and niggers

Best ebic
youtu.be/qkUVToIfrKg

He looks manly, desu

Sweden! One of your territories is talking to me, make him stop

I remember being annoying when I had to read it back in school.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judita

Sheesh, well I guess I'd be pretty fucking defensive and insecure if I came from the belgium of the north.

never reply to me ever again

It's been hundreds of years, why are you still so bitter?

Whatever you say my fellow countryman.
Yes, obviously I'm extremely bitter.

With what army?

The fifth column that owns your entire country perhaps?
Don't worry you'll be tolerant citizens of the new nation in no time.

Sure.

She's an ethnic finn actually, oh wait there is no such thing.
She's just a larper like the rest of you lot I guess.

I think you have bigger things to worry about than those pesky Finns.
Tell me when the cleansing starts and I'll be there.

>those pesky finns
There is no such thing as a"finn" my friend.

North Eastern Swedes?

This man gets it.

Turin Turambar's story is a straight up retelling of the fall of Kullervo

Not roleplayers, most Finns don't cluster close to Swedes on PCA plots. Hell, even Germans are closer to you.

>a swedicised rape baby
Next level psychosis

we do tho

but I'm not telling

Is the Finnish the kalevala difficult to understand?

Karelia is Russian though

nice meme zhang t. karelian

Go bait someone else's threads for once, please. you're waste of air and space.

Modern editions come with instructions for Finns on how to read it, so yes

>mfw we have several of them

it's relatively understandable, there is some long unused terminology but the context is generally clear enough. easier if you've grown up around people who speak thick dialects i guess. being a compilation of poems it says stuff in a convoluted manner too of course.

And to add it loses a lot of meaning when translated to English.

Mostly due to the poem like structure and archaic wording.

Granted most of them are to be sung as "spells" the practise died out in the late 60s

There's thousands upon thousands of spells and incantations in the mythology. From as simple things as getting it up for bedroom to incantations about the creation of the world and word.

youtube.com/watch?v=vvxun84kTLI

I read a chunk of it in English and much like "The Unknown Soldier" it's interesting but you're spot on, you can tell something has been lost in translation.

I want to read Kalevala but I can't find a Swedish translation of it

The problem with Unknown soldier is you have to know about the status of Finland during that time and what kind of people they where when someone acted somehow uniquely.

If you wan't good finnish literature read Waltari's Sinuhe - Egyptian

Atleast 6 different parties have translated it from 1800s to 1999 being latest.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kalevala_translations

>confirming autistic roleplayers have no relation to karelians
Did you even look at that map halowarrior?

But they do, if they didn't they would be in the same cluster with Swedes due to shared Paleo-European blood. But the fact of the matter is that they have mostly Finnic blood, and are therefore related to Karelians.

I'll check it out. What I was told was one of the more interesting parts of the The Unknown Soldier is how he did the dialects. They try to do it in the English version but again it's just missing something. Still, I'm grateful someone did a translation as it'll be a long time till I can read it in Finnish.

Stop stealing other peoples folk legends you rootless kangz.

>mfw no national epic will never be half as good as ours
>written by an ex-soldire that lost his eye fighting filthy moors
>he was a pussy master
>using greek mithology in the epic
>talking about our glorious empire and explorers
>and its all in perfect rhyme
how do other nations even compete?

>I-i'm not a Swedish rape baby
>the idea of the finnish nation as first proposed by Swedish officers who where angry about the monarchy
Pathetic.

not even epic

>mfw Kalevala is karellian and not finnish

Here are some (You)s, feel better now?

But it's a fact, most Finns have no Swedish blood at all.

Yeah that's the main problem. There's a whole lot of Dialects that are pretty important to feel of it.

It's like you'd base a book on British soldiers on say ww2 and then translate it to france, how you're supposed to translate the dialects and accents through?

youtube.com/watch?v=0zqKUyb-_WY

monarchies are for cucks tho, and those were finns, why else would they start to identify as finns? shit wasn't just some made up meme you know.

I'm sorry
I lost my car keys once and it was pretty bad. Not as bad as losing an entire chunk of land and then having it fill up with Russians.

What do you mean steal? We're literally the same people.

You also lost to an emus.

That's something for the historybooks.

>Start a war
>Against animals
>Lose

t. neighbour of an emu, aboriginal and chink

>>the idea of the finnish nation as first proposed by Swedish officers who where angry about the monarchy
That had nothing to do with Pan-Finnicist nationalist sentiment of the autonomous era, therefore it wouldn't have really been Finland.

The truth hurts I guess, is this why so many finns get depressed?
You're still a country of rootless roleplayers with a national identity based around dressing up in knock off kippahs, you can get raped in more ways than one.

And your national identity is based on larping horned rapists and looking up to them, whilst kissing the ass of an obsolete monarchy ruled by a french guy with half brazilian wife.

Shall i go on, i got plenty more. Or will you just fucking leave?

Except the anjala men where all Swedish nobility and didn't receive any support from the finnish peasant.

where?

You're not really in a position to talk shit about rape. Keep in mind what country you live in

>Start a war
>Against communists
>Lose

See, this wouldn't have happened if you where Swedish, the Russians dont fuck with Swedes because they got their arse torn apart last time they tried that

hes the jewish crossdresser guy isn't he?
why else would he bring out kippahs out of nowhere?

Of course they didn't they were just other bunch of disgruntled nobility looking for sway in power.

Most people grieved in 1809 but only 3 years later people were cheering for Russian empire.

Your state was a pisspoor example of everything and i pray to god for the subjects that were left under it for the rest of late enlightenment era.

What is this truth you're so hellbent in pursuing? We're a Finnic people in blood and spirit. Karelians had best preserved the folk tales of old since they were most Eastern, therefore Swedes weren't there to destroy their heritage and culture like they did that of West Finns. And those mythological elements are found amongst all Finnic people, so no, it is not larping.
>You're still a country of rootless roleplayers
Define "rootless", in this context. Embracing our roots is how we became independent, remaining Swedish and pretending to be Germanic would've been larping of the highest degree.
Anjala conspiracy didn't have shit to do with Pan-Finnicist nationalism, like I stated. Therefore it is in no way comparable to the real independence movement of the Tsarist Era.

Do us all a favor and stop posting, you'll save yourself from further embarrassment.

By this logic finland is not finland since you have long abandoned pan-finnicism.
The difference here is that we are actually descended from the people in question.
>finnish education

he's autist or just taking the piss

probably both

>
See, this wouldn't have happened if you where Swedish, the Russians dont fuck with Swedes because they got their arse torn apart last time they tried that

The last war swedes had against russians they lost us and the war before that they sent almost all of their army to freeze in russia whilst getting their king killed.

Shiggy diggy we've had better success against Russians in our wars than they've had in the last 300 years.

t. swede who cant write simple comprehensible english

>By this logic finland is not finland since you have long abandoned pan-finnicism.
No we haven't, without Pan-Finnicism we'd be Swedish-speaking right now and part of Sweden.

How so? I'm Karelian btw. As almost all of them evacuated from Karelia during the wars. Total number being around 800 000

I have no fucking idea about what the ridiculous skullcaps you people wear are called.
I'll have to remind you that we are an actual nationality.
Except it was the first time anyone did the mistake of imagining a finnish nation, wish is quite pathetic for you since the people doing the mistake where a bunch of disgruntled Swedes.

>the Russians dont fuck with Swedes because they got their arse torn apart last time they tried that
And yet Russia went on to become a global superpower, Sweden got so thoroughly BTFO they never recovered and have been pacifist cucks since.

finns stop getting butthurt so easily, he's clearly baiting for (you)