the sea oh the sea oh the ghrá gheal mó chroí
long may it stay between england and me
it's a sure guarantee that some hour we'll be free
thank god we're surrounded by water

First for anime!

Third for Catholic Schools.

None of that Educate Together nonsense.

Very good posts so far.

Was it just one lad in the last thread railing against Catholic Schools or was it more than one?

Sleepy but can't sleep.

Come play WoW with me.

did a long post in the dying thread

can't believe I've done all these posts on the phone, what am I LIKE

I wasn't keeping up with the discussion much. I know the one that started it was that one lad that has an autistic hatred for the church for minor shit like having to go to mass as a child. I think he just has issues from his childhood that he uses the church as a scapegoat for.

elysium?

>wide awake
>eyes are killing me

I haven't actually played WoW in a year or so. Though I am thinking about going back.
Tell me about Elysium. It's a vanilla server, is it fun?

Irish friends. Help an user out

It's your basic vanilla private server really. Big population, so you're never short of people for dungeons and what not. If you haven't ever played WoW pre-cataclysm then it's definitely a different experience. The game started to change radically after that expansion.

Not your personal army.

t. robert

>WoW
Have never played it.

Am I missing out?

>tfw no longer a practicing Catholic but still possess a strong conviction to defend the Church
Anybody else know this feel?

EvilAAnne

Same, maybe it's just contrarianism since everyone else hounds the church for everything.

It's pretty decent, and their is a shit ton to do in it. Which is to be expected with the number of expansions and years it has existed.
I play it on and off every couple of years, but never really joined a proper guild so I kinda missed out on a lot of the fun experiences.

>go to Sup Forums frontpage
>people are discussing the very game I've been trying to escape from
God dammit. Alright folks, let me tell you about Elysium. If you want to give vanilla a try for the first time in your life, it might pass. If you want to play it seriously? Fucking don't. The administration is absolutely incompetent, their devs have no idea how to handle the core Nostalrius gave them so new ridiculous bugs and crashes emerge every day. New content gets released with huge delays and parts of it get immediatelly disabled due to associated exploits that somehow weren't detected by their massive dev/QA/beta tester team. Plus, to top it all, a huge chunk of population is chinese players who speak zero english, which is a pretty big deal in vanilla WoW as it is very community-oriented.

If you really want to play vanilla a lot, you'll really be better off waiting for a decent project like Crestfall to release. Problem is, it might not happen anytime soon.

Traditionally I would have considered the atheists to be the contrarians.

>Problem is, it might not happen anytime soon.

I think by soon you mean ever

>tfw went a few weeks without paying attention to the news again
the church is doing what now?

Nothing, the subject just came up because someone's watching a show on church owned schools.

What the fuck am I meant to do now.

What are any of us supposed to do?

I went to a supposedly secular secondary school and they still informally invited a priest in to give talks during our assemblies, and gave us the day off for the Pope's funeral. What a time.

Persue our biological purpose

Guess I'll try sleep.

Good night.
*secretly stays awake and spies on you)

Have sex and die? I can do one of those things.

The goal is to have sex before you die, or live a life that aids the propogation of other sex-having humans.

Thankfully, the latter choice is extremely easy. All you have to do is pay taxes and contribute to society.

>not sitting on the dole forever

shan't be doing either

I don't like children though.

Why does /éire/ have so many people who seem to just have given up on life?

>Why does Sup Forums have so many people who seem to just have given up on life?
FTFY

Good point. I guess it just hits home more when you're sharing a thread with people from your own country rather than some nebulous American stereotype. I could see any one of your lads some day on the street and I'd be none the wiser.

>singing german war songs at this hour
oíche mhaith buachaillí

I don't believe in God and wouldn't personally take moral direction from the Church.

But I still think Catholicism should be the moral foundation of the State and we should make it the official religion.

Statistics eaxm in 3 hours and I have like 7 hours sleep out of the last 48

Man I'm glad I dropped out of college. I hated feeling like that.

Hello.
Tell me about Ireland.
Thanks

Everyone's emigrating because no jobs.

Are you guys all redheads with green eyes?

No there's not many redheads and they tend to get bullied. I've noticed more blue eyes than green but they do exist.

How do you feel about "Great" Britain?

(wrong pic)

Their suffering gives me sexual pleasure.

H-How do the Irish feel about foreigners?

Depends, most are alright. I like Italians though. There's an Italian takeaway in my village that's pretty good and I liked my holiday in Lake Garda.

T-Thanks.
What are the best places to visit on a trip?

I don't mind people who want to visit or move here for a short period of time but they have to go back eventually.

Glendalough is a nice lake and the Hill of Tara is a nice hill. Those are the places I'd recommend.

Hard to say, you really have to cover a lot of ground to get the most out of it. Clare has Ailwee Caves, the burren, the Cliffs of Moher, Kerry has Dingle, Galway has beautiful landscapes, Dublin has a few good things but you have to know where you're going otherwise it'll seem just like every other European city. Though I'd definitely suggest going to Newgrange, it's age alone makes it impressive.

Thank you, you were really helpful.
Have a good one!

Ciao amico!

>just realised I meant addio
Addio amico?

Addio ;_;7
youtu.be/HsM_VmN6ytk

>Ignoring the north

Discover Ireland will not be pleased

Ciao has double meaning as hi and bye
I think Brasilians say oi as hi and ciao as bye

>it's a 'british media obsesses about abortion laws in Ireland' episode

Morning.

If I had to guess I'd say it's a way for them to feel superior like "oh look at backwards savages next door, don't you feel glad the UK is a diverse progressive paradise?". Same thing with how they said our blasphemy law was made in 2009 when it's way older and it was only updated in 2009.

How many times a week would you see or speak to your friends lads?

Haven't spoken to them in a good few months, not even messaging.

yeah but you are backward potatonigger savages so that's all irrelevant

Yeah if only we were a part of the anglo-saxon master race.

It's a concern. Old /eire/ had its charm from people who would try and usually fail at succeeding in life but at least the effort was there. Some people here seem to have no motivation or drive to do anything to the extent they struggle to get up in the morning. I'm not sure how healthy it is for the rest of us to be surrounded by influences like that.

lads

No point in trying when you're incapable of succeeding.

It's kind of hard when literally every employer treats me like dogshit.

That's low self-esteem speaking. It isn't true.

You shouldn't allow your worth to be dictated by your job, or lack of one. It's just a thing you do for money, it shouldn't define your life.

Maidin mhaith

>having friends
normalfags amach

I have critically examined my prospects from as impartial a perspective as possible and that is the most rational conclusion. It's nice of you to say otherwise though.

Why is there such a desire for Inda to go lads? And now of all times?

I speak to them a few times online but I only really meet them in person at christmas now. I work in Cork and work weekends so the times I'm off and they're off never overlap. When I'm back in Limerick its midweek and they're busy. If I want to go out for a drink with them I need to take 2 days off work which isn't practical.
a-at least I have my internet friends

Because he said he would and uncertainty of leadership is bad for the country.

Why not? I don't think you should end up in a situation where you're completely distanced from them and have no recourse if you want to pick back up the relationships.

I was wondering since I don't have any if my expectations of how normal people socialize once they complete education and find employment were unrealistic. I guess most people socialize to some extent with their work colleagues though. Is it difficult to cope without being able to see them or is knowing that they're at least there enough?

Why don't you guys speak Irish?

I'd say normal people either live with their friends or move in with their partner by the time they're working full time. A lot make new friends at work but I'm not that social so it hasn't really happened to me. I've been invited out for drinks a couple of times as a courtesy but I think it'd be awkward.

>Is it difficult to cope without being able to see them or is knowing that they're at least there enough?
It's not difficult but it makes me a bit anxious for the future to think that my social life is winding down to a degree and that I'm not meeting new people or making new friends. Being by myself is fine now but I don't know if I'll always feel that way. Even if I was always more on the outside of those circles I liked having social circles in school and college and the comforts from it.

That's genuinely how it sounded like on radio 4

that was a hard few hours

imagine when Sup Forums goes down for good

Are we back?

ye

gook seems to be up to his tricks

>The rest of us.
You mean there's non mentally ill people here?

Enda still keeping everyone waiting.
Poor old journalists only dying for a story.

Inability.

Poor oul jerbilists oinly doying 4 a stary jooeee tis awful tisis terrible joooeee terrible

>imagine when Sup Forums goes down for good
cant wait, chans will finally stop being shit or dead

anyone able to post images?

de pooer pooer payple tis awful

it makes me a bit anxious for the future to think that my social life is winding down to a degree.
This is how you feel a lot. I'm scared of growing older alone and isolated. I only really have online friends and my parents. Once I move out it's inevitable I'm going to be very lonely.
Also I'm p homesick out here already lol. Lonely.

Nope getting an upload failed.